Titans claim Redskins tampered

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Wolf, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090402/SPORTS01/904020373/1027

2. GP

GP Go Texans!

Boo-friggity-hoo.

Little Buddy Adams had something taken from him?

Payback's a beach.

3. Mac#5

Mac#5 Rookie

Couldnt have said it better my self :texflag:

4. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 All Pro

Payback? Please explain...

5. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

Really?

Come on!

6. GP

GP Go Texans!

This why I wish Titans fans would stay off this board.

You guys have no prior experience with this deal. I mean, I feel bad that I even have to spell that out for you.

You guys were without an NFL team for what, the entire existence of professional football until a few years ago? Nuff said.

But because you don't "get it," let me explain in more detail.

Put down your crayons and Coors Light, and follow along carefully:

1. We had a strong team in Houston. Bum Phillips, Earl Campbell, the whole Run-N-Shoot era, Buddy Ryans' 46 defense going up against the Steelers, Browns, and Bengals. Al Del Greco. The Astrodome. We had a long-standing NFL team which was a viable NFL franchise.

2. One day, Bud Adams (that guy whom you think is so awesome) decided he would play a game of Taliban hostage-taking with this team. Call it a Godfather gurantee: Either your name, or your brains, will be on this contract.

3. Seems the people of Texas have a long-standing tradition of not taking kindly to being threatend with having the things we love taken away from us, at the request of a tyrant.

4. Yee-Haw! Tennessee done gone and got them a real good NFL team.

5. Your whole team is a mirror image of your classless owner. Congrats!

Oh, and then there's the deal of us having to watch the TITANS play in Oilers jerseys and helmets. I wonder if they also get to have their name "Oilers" displayed on the TV screen and everything else on those days they get to celebrate the AFL's anniversary?

You guys' main argument is that "Gee, you should be THRILLED that Bud Adams is gone, and you have a new team."

Yeah, but it's also like when you have some kids with someone (in this case, your cousin) and your bi-polar spouse (again, this would be your cousin or your cougar aunt) takes off with them and just makes a mess of your memories of the better times.

Did that adequately draw a clear, concise picture for you? Or did you stop reading half-way through because a really good episode of Jerry Springer just came on?

Run along now...:jogger:

Mari-OWNED! likes this.
  7. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

C'mon Bulluck, you're better than that.

8. Htownsportsfan

Htownsportsfan All Pro

I think it goes on all the time and have now sympathy for the tacks, but wouldnt they had to of tampered? The signed the guy at damn near midnight the first day! If they wer enot tampering when were the negotiating the terms of that deal.

Not to worry Tacks fate has made it up to you my sending you Petey Faggins!

9. GP

GP Go Texans!

Visitors like him should be banned. Forever.

He knows what's up, but he's trolling through the streets of texanstalk.com trying to start a fire.

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow Work'n da grill

I think it is a stretch to relate the taking of the franchise to another city as the same as negotiating a contract of a top FA prior to the FA deadline. One though it puts a sour taste in your mouth was within league rules the other was not.

11. Texan_Bill

In the context of GP's post, it's not a stretch at all. Something was taken away from Slug. Karma, she's a *****.

12. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

I thought he was talking about you guys stealing Faggins from us. There's no way something like that happens without a ton of tampering! :specnatz:

Blazing Arrow likes this.
  13. Texan_Bill

lol:

14. Blazing Arrow

yeah i had to rep him for that.

15. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

No, he's not. Titan fans who do anything apart from politely looking away and refusing to comment on any subject like this are not better than that.

When the talk is Texans and Titans then they have something to say. When the talk turns to Texans and Bud or Texans and Oilers or anything prior to the move to their new home then they all need a giant steaming bowl of STFU. Those who step away from the table during such talk I consider reasonable. The guys who feign ignorance or who think that anything they might possibly have to say is relevent are just trolling. I wish more of you would recognize it and learn to ignore them but it gets to all of us eventually.

I tend to think that once the old grinning fool is dead then whoever takes over the reigns at that point will cease to focus as much on the teams history. I think Bud likes to linger over it. I think he's nostalgic at times and that he probably wishes he could have gotten his downtown dome and Les Alexander paying him rent. I don't think he has a problem being in Tennessee or anything like that. I'm not saying that. I just think the guys an oil man, owned the "Oilers" and thought that was "right" and then he had to do something different. He clings so much to the teams history that you can sense he's got a little fixation there. Maybe it's just the memories of a senile old son of a ***** with a touch of alzheimers? Who knows? Who cares? When he dies a lot of this will go away.

16. Blazing Arrow

I would be ashamed if the team forgot the history. I am glad that it is being recognized this season.

Notice the change to sig and avatar?

<--- v

17. GP

GP Go Texans!

Ah, yes. There's the postmodern how-I-see-things-is-what's-truth philosophy.

Your team was our team, abducted by the goofy owner Bud Adams.

And you sit there and say it was wrong for a top FA to be stolen away from you?

Now you're actually encountering the same sphere of emotions that we feel. But extend that to the WHOLE TEAM being stolen from you.

I know you guys like to come here and puff your chests out and act like we're just a bunch of whiners and all. I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed Daniel Snyder stealing your best player from you.

Reap the whirlwind. That's how I feel about it all.

18. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

Hey there hillbillies the little fat bastard with fake hair is crying and I like it
    you guys got a team cause bud is a dud and he is not tolerated in Houston.
    There is no way he could ever restore the Hearts he ripped out of Houstonians chests so piss off. And your welcome if your thanking us for Petey he fits your team really well

see ya wouldn't want to be ya and heres to yall always coming up a foot short

19. Texan_Bill

I stand corrected although the intent was facetious. :cowboy1:

20. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

I can't think of a more accurate post and way to sum up the situation and Ole Bud. Must spread the rep but it won't let me. :texflag: