Time to dust off the brown bags

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by J-Russ, Oct 21, 2007.

1. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

Are we ever going to have a winning season?

Bipolar The Titan likes this.
  2. TexanRevolution

TexanRevolution Tejano Diablo

No, God hates us.

3. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Damn. I knew there was a reason....

4. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I'm so glad I'm a huge Rockets fan, they are the only thing that's going to salvage my sanity

5. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Brown bags? Heck, we aren't good enough for brown bags. We can only aspire to such heights. I think we are more suited for brown gunney sacks. :devilpig:

6. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

nm...

7. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

You got that right man !
    For all you guys that want to whine and cry like little girls, get lost, go find another team to root for.
    This team never quit. Never ! We're all sick with this kinda of loss, but the difference is huge between a team that doesns't try, rolls over and quits, and one that fights all the way to end. And these guys never quit today !

8. TexanRevolution

TexanRevolution Tejano Diablo

This team took advantage of a prevent defense. Nothing more, nothing less. If they had as much 'heart' as you suggest, they would have not played the first 3 quarters like they were sleepwalking.

Is it a learning/growth opportunity? Yes, but, we have a long, long way to go.

9. wicked_wayz

wicked_wayz all blacks

brown bags??????????????..............NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wild:

10. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

I'll take plastic please.

11. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

The team lost on a last minute field goal, people. Get over yourselves. That's pretty damn good, especially when you take into consideration how young they are. As I said before the season started, this will be a frustrating year. They will lose a lot of close games. Don't worry about it. The team was actually in the game. I can remember a time when that never happened unless the Texans were playing some catfish bottom-feeder team. \\:texflag:

12. retxaB

retxaB Rookie

Seriosly?! More exceptions? Okay let's lower the bar even more...:wild:

13. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

I seem to have had the bar lowered further than most, but I'm optimistic for the upcoming season.

But let's not all freak out with the brown bags. There was some effort by the Texans. I think if but for one last field goal, many people would be cheering in the streets and declaring the Texans SuperBowl-bound.

14. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

This is the way I see it man.

We lost, we suck, the end.

I know we are not as bad as we were in the past...but we are still bad.

15. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

I agree, but they MUST stay healthy. Remember what happened right before christmas last season(eve of xmas eve).
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl//4424017.html

stay healthy and the rockets could help me forget about the 'stros and now it seems the Texan's underachieving.

16. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

If the brown bags come out at Reliant, you'll see me on the news... I'll be the dude punching every brown bag in the face.

TexansLucky13 likes this.
  17. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Since you don't seem to be enjoying your trips to Reliant, I will gladly take them for you.

PM me and I will give you my address so that you can send your tickets to someone who will never stoop so low as to brown bag.

:texflag:

18. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

For years the Saints were the laughing stock of the league. In fact the only thing funnier than the Saints was their fans. Nobody respected the team... and noone respected the fans. I don't want to be known like that.

How stupid is it to buy a ticket to wear a bag over your head? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I've never had the pleasure of being to a game but if I ever get one.. I don't care if we're 0-15 and almost guaranteed to lose the game, I'm not putting a bag over my head. You know what you do if you're ashamed? Stop buying merchandise. Don't go to the games. Don't watch the games. Ratings fall, add revenue falls, merchandising falls. Send a message in a way that makes sense.

But whatever you do.. don't ruin the city of Houston's fan's good name (by the way most people outside of Houston have a high opinion of our fans) by going and putting a bag over your head.

If you feel the need to do that though, please go to Kroger's and exchange your paper for plastic and don't cut holes.

Mike

19. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

Totally agree, I am a football fan first and a big texans fan. I don't like to lose any game but I can appreciate the fact that those guys fought back. I think overall we have fans that just plain suck. When we came in this league I kind of thought that if we made any mistakes early on it could take awhile to be considered winners. Remember that we didn't get the same deal Carolina and Jax got coming in. I am not making excuses but the way I see it is the first 4 years don't even count. The way I see it, we are in year 2.

20. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I agree completely!! NEVER!!!!! :texflag:

heh, can I watch? :popcorn:

trust me, y'all do not want to be on the receiving end of michaelm's punches. :boxing:

IlliniJen likes this.