Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tim Tebow

mike moffat

All Pro
This is no joke! I think that we would be better off with Tebow at the QB position. At least he can run for positive yardage. He's not afraid to take a hit and he protects the football.

He improved his passing ability when he was starting for Denver.

The kid has heart and a killer instinct which I haven't seen in Slob. (or Kubiak)

Last night was the end for me with this guy. But, it isn't all Slob's fault. I understand that Kube scripts the first 15 plays of the game and the 2nd half. Gotta suggestion.....take out the short out pass to Andre. Slob telegraphs it to the entire world!

It's too bad that I can't cancel my Directv NFL Superfan. Well, at least I get to watch the Broncos!

Tebow is freaking garbage. Why do people insist on freaking riding Tebow and VY's nuts all the time? They BOTH SUCK!!!!!

Dread-Head

Hall of Fame
:headhurts: Okay, prior to reading this, I'd just been kicked to the curb by some hottie for a guy who looks like a low rent, unwashed version of BILL! You've made me laugh. Thanks Mike.

mike moffat

All Pro
For some reason my post earlier today was deleted. I apologize if I offended anyone. I'll make this one short and sweet.

This is no joke. I feel that Tim Tebow could do a much better job than Mr. Schaub. At least he can run and make positive yardage. Just think how our passing game would open up if the other team had to worry about Tebow running for 20 or 30 yards. It would enhance our running game as well.

It's not all Mr. Schaub's fault as Mr. Kubiak scripts the first 15 plays of the game. I just would hope that Mr. Kubiak would leave out the short down and out to Andre. I'm getting tired of the pick-6.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Your thread was not deleted. Threads about players who have not been connected in any fashion with the Texans go in the NFL forum.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
**** why NOT Matt is giving up like 14 points a game to the other teams LOL can it get any worse

at least TEBOW will bring DAT FIRE !!!! and our run game would be sick with tebow under center LOL

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
I say we bring in Tebow and Sanchez.

One can hike it while the other butt-fumbles. :hobie:

Think of all the magazine covers we'd get!!!

mike moffat

All Pro
Your thread was not deleted. Threads about players who have not been connected in any fashion with the Texans go in the NFL forum.
Maybe I missed it somewhere. Tebow played for Denver, New York and New England. If I'm not mistaken, we have played all of those teams......not very well I might add.

Since Tebow was in the NFL, I would assume that he was connected in some fashion with the Texans?

All that I was doing was expressing my opinion that the Texans would be better off with him than what we have now.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
All that I was doing was expressing my opinion that the Texans would be better off with him than what we have now.
And there is nothing wrong with that. We just have a rule to put discussion of players who have not been linked to the Texans as in reported to have some interest in the Texans or vice versa in the NFL forum. If something later comes up that the Texans are considering the player we move it over to TexansTalk.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I can not believe, that as a fan base, we have regressed so far we'd mention Tebow in anything other than as a joke.

Seriously. Tebow? No ****ing way. I'm sorry, but if you put a gun to my head and made me choose, I'd keep Schabie boy over Tebow any day of the week.

Malloy

Hall of Fame
I can not believe, that as a fan base, we have regressed so far we'd mention Tebow in anything other than as a joke.

Seriously. Tebow? No ****ing way. I'm sorry, but if you put a gun to my head and made me choose, I'd keep Schabie boy over Tebow any day of the week.
If I had a gun to your head, there are plenty of other things I would have you do! :)

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
All I want to know is how long am I gonna be made to wait before someone posts the "lets sign Vince Young" thread.

mike moffat

All Pro
And there is nothing wrong with that. We just have a rule to put discussion of players who have not been linked to the Texans as in reported to have some interest in the Texans or vice versa in the NFL forum. If something later comes up that the Texans are considering the player we move it over to TexansTalk.
Thank you, Cak. I'll accept this. I guess I'm venting frustrations. We have a superbowl contending team. I just don't think that Schaub can take them there.

The1ApplePie

Hall of Fame
Buttfumble or not, at least Sanchez would be a good backup QB that could win a game or two for you if he had to.

Can't say that for Tebow

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

I dunno .... Tebow took a team , built much like this one (solid defense & running game) to a playoff win. I don't see Schaub doing that barring a miraculous turnaround.

No ... nevermind.

mike moffat

All Pro
I dunno .... Tebow took a team , built much like this one (solid defense & running game) to a playoff win. I don't see Schaub doing that barring a miraculous turnaround.

No ... nevermind.
My thoughts exactly. Right now, all that the other team has to do is put pressure on Schaub and force him out of his comfort zone. He then folds like a deck of cards. He can't run, so he throws interceptions or errant passes that puts our recievers health at risk.

I'm not saying that Tebow is the Messiah. I'm just saying that he can pull the ball in and run for huge yards. The threat would open up the passing game. I just feel that he could do a better job than Schaub. Y'all saw what a mobile quarter back can do in the Seattle game.

I don't want an RGIII or VY or a Vick. But, a Kaepernick (Spelling error I'm sure) brings another demension to the game. Schaub does a pretty good job when he has the time. Press him and he falls apart.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
We are not going to win a SB with Schaub. This teams needs a QB, because there is enough talent in other spots to win. We don't know if either Yates or Keenum is the answer. Bringing in a new QB at this point in the season means giving up this season. So, we have Schaub, Yates and Keenum.

Bringing in a new QB right now they'll take a few weeks to learn the system and by that time we may have lost enough games to take us out of the playoff hunt. If we are only talking about this season, and not next season, then we have to go with what we have.

For next season though it's obvious someone other than Schaub is the answer.

b0ng

Bad Hombre

Just like political parties, every base has it's nutjobs and idiots.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I may be wrong on the particular names, but I think it's interesting the QB names that have been brought up, but shot down by the ABS group. Cassell, Palmer, Sanchez, & before this season I'm sure I remember Cutler & Rivers being shot down as well.

Schaub is far from a "great" QB, but the main things missing have been the clutch gene & the killer instinct. So we get Arian Foster.

Granted that plan hasn't been working very well to date. Still... let's start Keenum.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna
Sources with the Eagles say they are trying to trade Matt Barkley. If he is traded, I'm told there's an "80% chance" they'll sign Tim Tebow
Chip is like...

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
And the non-stop Tebow coverage begins....

I truly despise the over-saturated coverage this really bad QB receives from NFLN. They must have spent 20+ minutes on Total Access talking about a guy that hasn't been in the league for over two seasons, playing his Mic'd Up segment and pondering the awesomely fanstastic ways that apparently football genius Chip could employ Tebow.

And of course it was on the same day that the Texans signed Wilfork, which then received minimal coverage because of Timmy.

If the Eagles sign him and cause even more fapping coverage, I'll be rooting for the Cowboys to spank them this year. Me, lifelong Cowboy disliker, rooting for them because of Tebow. And sorry, but his "I can only be an NFL QB" schtick is lame. He refuses to play in the CFL or another position. The arrogance for someone so terrible is mind boggling.

/rant

The1ApplePie

Hall of Fame
And the non-stop Tebow coverage begins....

I truly despise the over-saturated coverage this really bad QB receives from NFLN. They must have spent 20+ minutes on Total Access talking about a guy that hasn't been in the league for over two seasons, playing his Mic'd Up segment and pondering the awesomely fanstastic ways that apparently football genius Chip could employ Tebow.

And of course it was on the same day that the Texans signed Wilfork, which then received minimal coverage because of Timmy.

If the Eagles sign him and cause even more fapping coverage, I'll be rooting for the Cowboys to spank them this year. Me, lifelong Cowboy disliker, rooting for them because of Tebow. And sorry, but his "I can only be an NFL QB" schtick is lame. He refuses to play in the CFL or another position. The arrogance for someone so terrible is mind boggling.

/rant
The media hype is why Timmy wasn't on a roster last year. Can be a serviceable backup and a contributing player, but the media and fans will hound the franchise. Backlash against the media firestorm is why Michael Sam is without a team, rather than him being gay.

I won't bash Tebow for the media thing, that is beyond his control.