Tim Tebow is the Anti-Christ

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by brakos82, Jan 13, 2012.

1. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/could-tim-tebow-really-just-be-the-antichrist/

jjjezebel likes this.
  2. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes;
    and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I'm really starting to get upset at the media trashing this kid over his faith. Sorry, but if this was any other player that was this devoted to any other religion it'd be hands off...they wouldn't even touch the subject. Yet for some reason it's become a fad to ridicule Christianity.

I can't stand the constant coverage as much as the next guy, but there's PLENTY of stuff you can start with without having to go after his beliefs or his religion. Let's imagine for a moment that Tim Tebow is NOT "too good to be true", what if he really is genuine and actually does devote that much time to ill children and his faith. What if he really is that devoted? If he is, then what does that make "us" and what does that make the media?

If the guy was a fake, he would've been found out by now. I've finally come to that opinion. I hated the guy when he was at Florida, but now I'm rooting for him. He really believes and I respect his devotion if nothing else. .

Luv_ya_blue likes this.
  4. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

heard many stories where girls tried to corrupt him at uf but all they got was hand-holding and kisses on the cheeks

5. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

sometimes he'll get frisky and give them a side hug

6. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

Does the fact that he said it was 'semi-serious' equate it to being a complete joke? The anti-christ will blasphemy God, not praise or give glory to God, which Tebow seems to do after every game. Tim Tebow says he is a virgin and is saving himself for marriage. Last time I checked that is a godly attribute. The same verse he quoted (Daniel 11:37) says, "He shall regard neither the God of his fathers nor the desire of women, nor regard any god; for he shall exalt himself above them all." I think we all know that he has regarded the God of his father and has said multiple times "I thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ".

7. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

I've never heard a Jewish or Muslim athlete praise God every time they win a game either. People would also flip the f out if "praise be to Allah" was said on national tv.

8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I guess you don't follow the NBA...it's been done before. Not only that, but also boxing.

The media wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. Who gives a crap what a athlete does when he scores...I thought this was a free country and a country with freedom to religion? If he wants to do that, why all the scrutiny? We're all allowed to praise our "god" right?

9. Dan B.

Dan B. Hall of Fame

What scrutiny? Is anyone saying Tebow shouldn't be allowed to kneel and pray after scoring? If so I don't agree with them. A player should be able to bow to Jesus, say a Namaste prayer, do the Ickey shuffle, or whatever else they want to do after scoring a touchdown.

10. NastyNate

NastyNate I go kerplunk

I have to admit, that was a hilarious premise for a story.

brakos82 likes this.
  11. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

What I think would be really appropriate is if he did what he does....and the media hardly even noticed...

Be impressed, be disgusted for any number of reasons as a Christian or any other belief (including atheism), but keep your opinions to yourself. I will add that it is preposterous to acuse someone of being the Anti-Christ when they have not been seen or heard of committing a single sin. Even if you were right, it would be very wrong to make such statements at this time.

12. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

[​IMG]

13. Playoffs

[​IMG]

14. ConroeKeith1982

ConroeKeith1982 Rookie

15. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

There can only be one anti-christ at a time. Bolded sounds like Obama.:kitten:http://todaysbestemail.blogspot.com/2011/07/obamas-girlfriends.html

Muhammed Ali anyone?

It is funny and meant my first posting as a joke for the homeland security folks monitoring the web.

:hides:oops...

16. Playoffs

Tebow began a ritual of hosting someone who has been challenged by disease or disability for each Broncos game.

The honoree and his/her family is flown in to the game, meet with Tim before hand, given tickets to the game, and gets to spend more time with Tim after the game. All on Tebow's nickel.

Who else makes that kind of commitment? Why not? For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required.

17. burro

burro almost sentient

I think it goes both ways. As much as I hate when people ridicule others because of their faith, I equally hate it when the followers of a religion ordain one of their fellow believers a blessed figure. It's the people that say things like "Jesus is behind Tim Tebow" and things like that that are causing the ridicule. The sad thing is that none of it is really Tebow's fault, it's more the media being it's typically pathetic self.

18. NastyNate

NastyNate I go kerplunk

19. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Turns out Tim Tebow isn't the Anti-Christ.

He's the Anti-Brady