Tim Cheatwood

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TigerCat Fan, Dec 20, 2004.

1. TigerCat Fan

TigerCat Fan Rookie

Hi Texas !.......Hamilton, Canada here.

We have a player on the Hamilton Tiger Cats of the Canadian Football League by the name of Tim Cheatwood who led the CFL in QB sacks last year. Apparantly he just had a tryout with the Texans. Any thoughts on Tim and his chances of not coming back to Canada?

The following link is from our discussion board about this matter.

click here

thanks

PS. The news of this workout that Tim had came from an article in the Cleveland Plains Dealer click here

2. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

Welcome to Texas... I would love to take this player from you... smile. We are currently developing our pass rush, but it sound this guy might be interesting to look at. :hmmm:

3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

This is one of those things where we won't know he exists until he plays for us, and hopefully does well--I suppose. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but none of us, that I'm aware of, follow the CFL. I didn't know that team existed, but I did, of course, know about the CFL. Someone will respond eventually, I'm sure, but most of us are surprised they're looking at anyone right now with 3 games left in the season (seems like a strange time) and we don't know what to say.

He sounds like a great pass rusher. Sorry.

Oh, and we really need someone else to be our leading pass rusher, besides our CB, lol.

4. TigerCat Fan

TigerCat Fan Rookie

Well, the good news is that now you do know about the Hamilton Tiger Cats......lol...we are the second oldest professional sports franchise in the world believe it or not. Here's Tim's bio from our website and while you're in the site, go to the homepage and have a look around.......you may have to scrape the ice off the screen though because it's -23 degrees (celsius) right now in Hamilton. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

We even have video clips of the players in their bios. Nice eh?

click here for Cheatwood bio

I'd hate to lose Tim!!

Congrats on your win yesterday by the way!

5. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

Hey i say "we'll take him" lol....

6. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

He looks like a DE to me. We run a 3-4 defense. Where would we use this guy? Tackle? LB?

7. shinerbock_texas

shinerbock_texas Rookie

Size wise, he sounds like outside blizting linbacker.

Question regarding Cheatwood:
    1) at 258 Lbs can he take on the big 325 Lbs OTs?
    2) How fast is the guy to drop back in coverage and cover TEs and RBs out of the back field.

The speed of the NFL game is entirely different than the College ranks and CFL. Sorry but this is why this is the NFL. Only the biggest, baddest and fastest can survive.

8. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Does this seem odd to anyone else? We have Wong and Babin on the outside right now alternating Peek in as of late...why would we be looking at this type of player right now? Only thing I could think of is backup OLB :um: .

9. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Any possibility they could be looking at this guy to take Foreman's position next year with Wong on the outside? Personally, I'd really like to see Wong in the middle with Peek starting outside.

10. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Wong doesn't want to play inside although I would like to see him inside but I don't see Peek starting just yet. I do like your idea of him replacing Foreman, though. Either that or we could sign Hartwell from the Ravens he will be a FA after this season.

11. TigerCat Fan

TigerCat Fan Rookie

To be honest with you, Tim had a problem lining up off-side constantly last year but keep in mind that our defence has to be 1 yard off the line of scrimmage up here in the CFL unlike the NFL where you guys are nose to nose.

I like Tim myself because of his guts and "meanness" on the field. He had a penalty for spitting on an opposing player this year as well as kicking an officials flag after it was thrown........some up here say it's a lack of discipline but I beg to differ!.........this is the sign of a guy who's 100% into winning and gets frustrated at anything less......save the finesse for the offence......I want my defence to be animals!....wolves preferably!

We in Hamilton have a tradition of mean, tough defences (historically) so if we lose Tim to you guys I'll be sad to see him go......but at the same time I'll be happy that someone else appreciates his tenacity. Man, is he fast off the end!

[​IMG]

12. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

If you guys have to line up one yard off of the ball and he had 14 sacks last year...WOW. I don't think anyone on our team has had 14 sacks in a season yet, and we line up nose to nose, he must be hell on wheels!

13. TigerCat Fan

TigerCat Fan Rookie

We had a weekly Tiger Cat TV show up here last season and Tim was a guest on one of the tapings......I think I recall the host asking him what his favourite meal was.......his answer was simple......QUARTERBACKS!

Please don't sign him!.......We need him back! :bowdown:

14. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Sounds like someone we should take a longer look at. Do we have a pratice squad spot open?

15. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

Wiegert is likely to be put on IR (if not already), maybe that will free up a spot for him.

16. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Seems to me like he'd have to gain about 40 lbs. to play at tackle.

17. TigerCat Fan

TigerCat Fan Rookie

Well, I guess I'm now a Houston Texan fan!

You just signed Tim Cheatwood!......Good for you, bad for us up here in Hamilton...sighhhhhh

Good Luck from all us Tiger Cat fans Tim!....We're gonna miss you!

click here for article on the Tiger Cat Website

18. wags

wags Hall of Fame

Thanks for the link.

19. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

If you look at how Pittsburgh drafts you will see that they pursue a tweener in just about every single draft.

20. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Thanks for the heads up! :)

And welcome to the Texans family. Hope you can make it down here one day to catch a game. You will definitely be invited to many tailgating activities...so many that you probably won't be able to make most of them.