Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tiki Barber Coming Out of Retirement

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer

Just talked w Tiki Barber and his agent Mark Lepselter, Tiki has filed papers to come out of retirement, says he wants to play again
Tiki told me "After seeing how much fun Ronde is still having it re-ignited my fire and I'm looking forward to the challenge of seeing if..
http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Reports are true -- it's a blast from the past. One hour ago, former Giants RB Tiki Barber filed papers to come out of retirement.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I don't think a guy his age after sitting out like 3 years could just come right back in and be that productive. He'll probably be like a 3rd string back if that.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
I don't think a guy his age after sitting out like 3 years could just come right back in and be that productive. He'll probably be like a 3rd string back if that.
also from Glazer above

"... I can get back to the level of where I was." Told me Giants have to activate him then decide to release him or not
I think the guy is scum from a personal point of view for what he did to his wife. Maybe after his broadcating life was weaker after all of that he decided he needed something else to do.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
also from Glazer above

I think the guy is scum from a personal point of view for what he did to his wife. Maybe after his broadcating life was weaker after all of that he decided he needed something else to do.
What did he do to his wife? I missed all of that.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
What did he do to his wife? I missed all of that.
He cheated on and left his 8 month pregnant wife...twins.. for some NBC intern. Then basically the Today Show and other programs dumped his ass. Now his divorce is becoming final...can you say.."I need the money."

Wolf6151

All Pro
How many times have we seen this before, pro athletes who can't manage their money and are broke within a short time of retirement and now need the pay check.

GP

Go Texans!
Boo! I personally thought it was supremely awesome that the Giants won a SB the next year after he retired.

He's a winner.

GP

Go Texans!
Didn't he have a super hot Korean wife?
Read frog's posts if you haven't already. Dude walked out on his pregnant wife to live it up with some party girl.

His life is marked by walking out on a winner, both in the NFL and in life.

Come on now Spartan. I don't think that cheating even the way he did, is enough to say he should burn in hell.
Maybe I was a bit harsh. I just think leaving your pregnant wife, who is in the hospital with a complicated pregnancy with twins, is beyond sleazy.

I almost feel sorry for the guy, though. He has some serious, harsh karma coming his way at some point.

gtexan02

Working?
I dont have much respect for the guy on a personal level based on his cheating scandal, but really, the amount of hate he's getting in this thread is pretty insane.

In my opinion, what he did is much less than what Tiger did.

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
Okay before everyone writes this dude off shouldn't we consider this:

Last 5 years of his career (including as a 30+ year old RB):
he was not injured
led the league in yards from scrimmage
avgd 109 yards per game

You add that to the fact the dude knows how to hold on to the ball and is a pretty darn good pass blocker, you got yourself a really good 3rd down back man.

Maybe he's not for our team because of the young dudes we got back there but I would take him over Slaton any day.

gtexan02

Working?
Quantitatively or Qualitatively? LOL, just kidding
lol, nice!

I just meant on a personal level, if I had to find out my spouse was being unfaithful, would I rather:

1. That they are leaving me for someone else, even in the midst of a health issue

2. That they have been cheating for years with a whole host of floozies

toronto

Hall of Fame
Tiki better be careful. He pissed off a lot of current players with some of the things he spewed while wearing a jacket and tie.