Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Ticket Demand Waning

Historyhorn

Waterboy
It appears that the demand for Texans tickets has really begun to wane. We've gone from a waiting list to an e-mail from the Texans in their newsletter declaring that this is the first time ever, that they will sell season tickets on-line.

Upper sidelines still appear to be available in big chunks. Is this year the last year of guaranteed sell-outs as a part of the stadium agreement? I thought it was a five year deal.

If the sell-outs are not guaranteed, then could we be looking at our first black-outs?

While the secondary market for PSL's hasn't collapsed, it certainly has gone into recession. I'd be lucky to get over face value for the ones in the LL that I purchased from the team.

While I'm in it for the long haul, there's no telling what a .500 or better season could do to the team's profile in Houston, across Texas, and beyond.

Go Texans

ONLY regarding your secondary market comment - it hasn't waned. As someone who was in and watched the market closely before, during, and after our 2 win season, lower level PSL's still go for a pretty penny. Sadly, lower level season tickets only, well, not so much.

In just looking at the language, it sounds like it is the first time you are able to purchase "season tickets online."

SEASON TICKETS AVAILABLE AT HOUSTONTEXANS.COM
For the first time ever, fans can purchase season tickets on-line at HoustonTexans.com.
Click here for details.

Whereas you may have not been able to do so in the past, perhaps only individual game tickets were sold on-line in the past. Please correct me if I am wrong.

From the newsletter:
There are a limited number of season tickets still available for this season. With more than 59,500 sold for this season already, there are less than 2,000 seats still available.

59,000 season tickets sold before July doesn't sound too bad to me. There will not be any blackouts here for years. We WILL be atleast .500 this coming season and some of the rats will be jumping back on board.

im completely ignorant...what would a pair of decent season tickets for this year cost? Just got a pretty huge job, maybe can afford it now

im completely ignorant...what would a pair of decent season tickets for this year cost? Just got a pretty huge job, maybe can afford it now

I went through the on-line selection process with the Texan's website and came up with a pair of seats in 603 Row G Seats 3-4. The price was $460 per seat. That'd make it $920 for the pair plus some Ticketmaster convenience charges.

I hope to see you there if you're able.

Go Texans

59,000 season tickets sold before July doesn't sound too bad to me. There will not be any blackouts here for years. We WILL be atleast .500 this coming season and some of the rats will be jumping back on board.

A rare prediction from Overalls .... :whip:

I went through the on-line selection process with the Texan's website and came up with a pair of seats in 603 Row G Seats 3-4. The price was $460 per seat. That'd make it $920 for the pair plus some Ticketmaster convenience charges.

I hope to see you there if you're able.

Go Texans

That's what I pay for 631...row F. Got 8 seats. Love it there and have been there since day 1.

Why not call the Texans directly and avoid the Ticketmaster (convenience...uhhhh...theft) charges?

In just looking at the language, it sounds like it is the first time you are able to purchase "season tickets online."

Whereas you may have not been able to do so in the past, perhaps only individual game tickets were sold on-line in the past. Please correct me if I am wrong.

From the newsletter:
What the.....

Why am I still on the waiting list if there are two thousand tickets available?

*sigh*

The Texans are dropping the ball here with me. I just want season tickets. Cheap seats. I've been on this list for several months now.

Guess it's time for me to get on the horn with them once again.

Back