Through the Eyes of a Cowboys Fan

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by the wonger need food, Aug 26, 2007.

1. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

I had the pleasure of attending last night's game with the world's biggest Cowboys fan. Even though I had to pay for the tickets, parking, food and beverages it was still an honor to host him, who is now 0-2 when attending Texans/Cowboys matchups in Reliant Stadium. He was lucky enough to have a seat next to two other "diehard" Cowboys fans with their newly purchased gear (literally that day), ready to cheer on "their" team and rub it in the faces of us lowly Houstonians. The thing I like about Dallas fans is that they always say the right things like "I just look at the trophy case" (I often wonder how many of these people have physical access to the organization's trophy case or if they have ever seen it at all) and "look at all the playoff wins". Never mind that these diehard fans had no idea Dallas' last playoff win was 11 years ago and insisted that they had won one just 2 years ago. They promised to look this up on the Internets when they got home, but were relatively certain of the fact. But even as the Texans pulled their starters and the Cowboys left theirs on the field at an attempt to salvage some sense of pride, their fans stayed en mass to hopefully do the same, pointing to their rings and playoff wins all the while. The Texans second team offense and defense continued to outplay the Cowboys first stringers, but it wasn't until Rosenfels' pass hit David Anderson in the end zone that the psuedo-Dallasites began to hit the exits with their tails between their legs. Today they will claim "it didn't mean anything" and "it was just preseason", but you could see it in the eyes of their fans and on the faces of the Dallas players/coaches last night. This game was their preseason Super Bowl and all were noticeably embarrassed and sad. The online blogs and verbal excuse-making will be loud and obnoxious this week. Look for things like "it was the backup cornerback's fault", "the Cowboys played "vanilla" offense and defense", "the Texans took the game too seriously and we didn't because the game didn't mean anything to us and everything to you", "34-6" and "Mario Williams was a stupid draft pick". We will keep it classy (like we always do) and simply point to the scoreboard.

2. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

+1 rep

3. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Well now I know the end is near.

I just gave a positive rep to Wonger Needs Food. :francis:

4. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I don't buy into the 1st string versus 2nd string thing.. I mean I know their is a drop off in talent, but good teams (aka Patriots for example or the Steelers) have a way of "plug and play" and keep going with an above average offense and defense(depth) Injuries happen ... for the Texans..1st sting versus 2nd string has been a HUGE drop off over the years due to poor drafting/coaching and we are slowly getting there to raising our overall talent level

5. bigbrewster2000

bigbrewster2000 4th Infantry

Nice post Wonger. More rep your way.

6. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

you know their desperate when they started saying that the Texan fans were "raucuos" and this was a factor of why they lost. fans do play a roll but to be a "Superbowl Contender" and then lose to a team with a projected top ten draft choice and give that as an excuse is ridiculous.:fans:

7. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

Good post. Rep from me also.

8. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Nice Post Wonger.

Some think a significant portion of Houston fans have an "inferiority complex" apparently, which is bogus crap, at least that label doesn't belong on me.

My disdain for the cowpies is two fold.
    1. They suck.
    2. And most of their fans are just like you outlined in your post.

9. Bob McNair

Bob McNair Veteran

Awesome Wonger. Sounds like the money you spent was the best investment EVER.

10. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

Dallas fans sort of sound like Denver fans after the cowboys win last week.

11. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

That's what I've been thinking.

Denver says, "They blitzed in the preseason!" :wild:

Dallas says, "They planned for out blitz!" :wild:

12. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I watched part of the game with two Cowboys fans. "Oh, it's cuz the starters didn't play enough. The Texans still suck."

13. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

yep...i received the same response.

14. bayshorebevo

bayshorebevo Veteran

Most of their fans were cool, but several of them were completely obnoxious, turning around and gesturing to the crowd how great their team was. They reminded me of the Pittsburg fans last year.

15. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Now that's just ignorant, but we'll add it to the list of excuses anyway.

16. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Not as much ignorant for Cowboys fans as much as it is typical....

17. Craig.

Craig. Nosebleeds

This may be the wrong time for my first post (I think) but I want to lay out the following facts:

1. I am truly a lifelong fan of the Dallas Cowboys (pics of me in diapers with Dallas gear can be made available). I am 33 now.
    2. I am a Texans season ticket holder.
    3. This is the first time I have seen Dallas play on someone else's turf.

With this in mind, I can totally understand the feelings Texans die-hards have toward the Dallas faithful in general. Saturday night showed me the rudest, nastiest side of Dallas fans. I have been to at least 2 dozen games at Texas Stadium and never have I seen behavior like I witnessed at Reliant.

All I can say is that we're not all that way and it's a shame the a-holes are the most visible.

Now that all this unpleasantness is in the past, Go Texans (and Cowboys) :D

18. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

My ex-Pastor is a Dallas fan, my Brother-in-law, a couple of my Sisters, and many others as well that are part of my life. I can say that they represent themselves more like Craig than the obnoxious ones portrayed throughout these threads.

You are welcome here anytime Craig, IMO.

19. Craig.

Craig. Nosebleeds

Sweet. Now if I could just find a suitable tailgating gig, I have Maroon lot passes :gun:

20. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

Thanks, but I would not like to see a 33 year old man in diapers.

lol

TexanAddict likes this.