Three Words for coach Kubiak........

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by fisherflo, Oct 11, 2006.

1. fisherflo

fisherflo Rookie

Just a suggestion coach......

BLITZ......BLITZ.......BLITZ!!!!!!!!!!!

2. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Which could equate to: BURNED.....BURNED.....BURNED!

Seriously though, I believe we should bring some blitz packages as well, but in a timely fashion. I don't think we can blitz like the Eagles did and be as successful. If we do our secondary might very well get..BURNED.....BURNED.....BURNED!:hides:

3. Scooter

Scooter Funky

the best way to support our secondary is to keep bledsoe on his rear end. it's been proven time & time again that bledsoe can pick apart any defense he wants as long as he's given time to throw. when he's being pressured all day, he makes bad decisions and the defense creates turnovers.

4. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I got three words for Kubiak

1.) Beat

2.) The

3.) Cowboys

5. afcman

afcman Veteran

I agree. Yeah, it will burn us a little. But I still say blitz and in the second half bledsoe will be INTERCEPTED.

6. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

SACK

[​IMG]

SACK

[​IMG]

SACK

[​IMG]

7. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

I agree we should blitz, creatively...

I mean hasn't that been what people have been doing to us for 4+ years? Is it that hard to figure that if the OL has a few protection problems, which it sounds like Dallas has due to a few injuries, that we blitz and put pressure on the qb?

Sounds a lot like what Carr went through... and Carr wasn't the best at handling the constant pressure, and Bledsoe doesn't really have escapability. So it would make sense that we should attack a possible weakness, but enough so that we don't over-expose our weakness, the secondary... if blitzing gets predictable, that is when Parcells will adjust the gameplan.

I don't see why something like this won't have an impact on Dallas' performance. The question is whether or not we can execute on defense without blowing a coverage scheme. Glenn and T.O. are a handful for our DBs.

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

The blitz will only work if your front four can break loose from time to time to disrupt the pocket. It remains to be seen if they can do it consistently against a decent offensive line.

9. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I am guessing the Cowboys will not abandon the run this week.

The Texans stopped the Dolphins from running, but they can't run against anyone.

I am truly curious to see what Texans defense shows up for this game.

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Isn't blitz just one word said three times?

11. fisherflo

fisherflo Rookie

Okay Okay.......Strong blitz, weak blitz, and crash blitz......

12. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I hate to say this, but this is part of the reason we've been getting beat, beat, beat. We do nothing but try to get the QB all day, and JJ will look like Michael Westbrook, taking a screen 34 yards for a touchdown. Or TO will look like Harrison on the underneath route, a 4 yard crossing route that turns into an 80 yard TD.

I understand we've got to blitz, but it isn't that simple. As it's been said before, we don't have to sack Bledsoe to screw him up, but we've got to take away their running game first

13. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

I think that we have to stay very disciplined to win this game, ie no missed tackles, no bitting on play action, no huge gambles that result in 7 points. That being said, I think we have more of a chance to turn this into a shoot-out then a defensive stuggle. The offense has to bring it on Sunday because we are not going to ride Shante Orr and CC Brown to the win. If we can score on Dallas consitantly remains to be seen.

14. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

In this game I would rather have our front four playing the run more than 50% of the time. If we blitz it should be a linebacker going straight down the middle. If we can flush Bledsoe enough, our defensive lineman should be able to support the linebackers in pursuing the quarterback.

Dallas is a good running team. They use two backs and they use both effectively. We need to stop the run, and then on passing downs third downs pin our ears back and possibly blitz 1 or 2 extra rushers.

We will have to do well in clock management in order to win this game. Dallas is very good at managing the clock (ranked 5th in average time of possession on offense per game and also 5th lowest in average time of possession by opponents when they are playing defense.

3 words: Control the Clock.

15. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

Just like HELP, HELP, HELP....................

16. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

I can't wait for Sunday to come.

17. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Im hoping Mario will be psyched and amped to get more sacks now that he has his first one under his belt.

18. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I'm hoping Mario is allowed to pin his ears back and attack to start with. I would suspect that while they will run, with our secondary, they will attempt to establish the pass early as well. I want Mario set on "go". I don't think their O-line can hold him, and I know bledsoe can't get away from him. Shift a LB over to flats or to pick up the back out of the backfield, but I want Mario to be aggressive and relentless. I feel that even if he is blitzing hard, he is good enough to make the play if they run to his side.

19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

If anyone is stubborn about running the ball, it's Bill Parcells. He will not stop forcing the ball, regardless....... we need to keep stuffing that little gremlin, and keep looking for that run deep into the third.

20. 5XXXXX

5XXXXX Noob

thats gonna be the Texans problem....He's only one guy....houston doesn't have a front seven like philly....blitz all you want...if the texans don't think that Dallas is ready for the blitz this week....they have another thing coming