Three Texans make Prisco's top 50

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by beerlover, Jun 27, 2009.

1. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11892651

excellent write up on Andre Johnson -
    Mario doesn't get enough respect here in my book, with his new linemates I really expect him to also move into top 10 material next off season based on what he accomplishes this coming season -

DeMeco played hurt but still cracked the top 50 if he can stay healthy I look for him to also move higher -

To be fair for a RB to make it into the top 50 in Prisco list its damn difficult. He left off several outstanding, top-tier RB's like rookie offensive player of the year Chris Johnson, Giants powerback Brandon Jacobs & yes Texans do it all RB Steve Slaton. How hard is that to make it on a list when there is so many gifted, taltented athletes, plus it's subjective & influenced by teams success. It's not just RB's noticeably absent in my mind both Super Bowl runner-up Arizona rookie CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie & Jets steller 2nd year CB Darrelle Revis belong. No mention of Dunta Robinson who it would seem wants to get paid like he was already on that list :cool:

looking back @ 04 class: Dunta Robinson is the only draft pick still with Texans. It's alot of pressure but for this group to attain lofty goals the Texans & Dunta have to achieve a compromise. Before his injury he was an elite CB worthy of cracking this list, but he has to realize he will never be the same player he once was, still his leadership & personality are infectious so I'll give him benefit of any doubts moving forward. incidently Tennessee didn't benefit like we all think or thought they would when they fleeced Casserly/Capers so he could move up for Babin. Out of 13 picks they have only one starter to show for it (7th rd. Eugene Amano LG) 4 are with other teams & 8 out of the league.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
    TexanAddict likes this.
  2. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Cushing will be on that list soon. I've gotten more pumped about him every day, he's going to be hell-on-wheels backing the big boys.

3. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Agreed, and he's going to make Mario and everyone else look better. I think Mario would have been in the top 10 on that list had the Texans defense been any good last year, and the fact that writers have to use numbers when they have no idea how else to judge a player, with 2 less sacks last year I see how they ranked him.

4. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Damn, the Texans have some talent, don't they?

This season, they prove it on the field!

5. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

It's words like these that make me realize we're still two months away from real football. Crap.

6. False Start

False Start On # 69

LZ calls him the Incredible Hulk, he actually does look like him. I never noticed the resemblance until LZ pointed it out.

7. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela
    Johnson 4th best player in the league, cant argue with that. Some big names never made that list.

8. Mac#5

Mac#5 Rookie

Hell-on-wheels sounds like it could be a great nickname. He has to earn it first though

9. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

Have you ever noticed Cushing sounds like Keifer Sutherland?

10. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not

Well he was listed at 245ish at the combine/draft but Kubiak mentioned him running around at 260...that's big for a 6'2'' linebacker. With Demeco hopefully dropping 5 to 10 he still clocks in at 240/245 and Adibi around 235/240 there is some decent size to the LB corps.

He looked like he was going pop out of his suit during the interviews shortly after the draft. I'll bet they've had arm wrestling contests in the locker room...I wonder who the top 3 would be...

Probably
    1. Mario
    2. Cushing
    3. Okam

11. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Prisco's list shows just how deep the talent pool is in the NFL. Why people become rabid fans of the sport & always on the look out for who's next. Cushing would fit into that category. Before Hines Ward broke Keith Rivers jaw, the former Trojan looked like he belonged on this list, Cushing needs to aware of his backside @ all times & stay healthy.