THOR!!! My interview with James Casey

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DiehardChris, Jul 14, 2009.

1. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

As we're in the offseason doldrums, I figure you guys might want to give this a read. James Casey is a great guy, and he was generous enough to grant me an interview. I tried to ask some non-typical questions. Anyway, if you're so inclined, you can read it here.

2. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

+ Rep! That's a great interview, Diehard. Kinda disappointing hearing about his contract, but they'll get'r done eventually.

DiehardChris likes this.
  3. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Great read ..this bothered me about what he said about Owen though...

...at this point, just on the field is ok.:)

DiehardChris likes this.
  4. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Nice interview Chris. Repped you for it as well. I had no idea you had your own blog site or whatever. Pretty cool.

DiehardChris likes this.
  5. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

Diehards is one of my daily visits. Sick that I'm sharing this but I have routine that I go through for my fix ever few hours. I vist Chris' site, BattleRedBlog, TC's blog, HT.com Chron.com (just in case they report something), NFL.com, PFT.com, PlayerPress.com (this is a neat site. They link to several Texans players blog sites in their "team" section including Cushing, Antonio Smith and Winston as well. With all their updates on one page.) And then in the evenings I check for radio podcasts on 610.com

I don't want to de-rail this thread but I was thinking it might be good to have a sticky with links to daily stories. I'd be happy to contribute as I usually see every story that's been reported on the Texans within at least 4 hours of it being posted. (When I have time of course). Not sure how to guard against duplicate stories but it might be nice to have a link pool or something. For some reason I feel wasteful starting a new thread for every story I find. Maybe I'm off base. I digress...

Oh, Chris, thanks for taking the time to do the interview. You're site, TC's blog and BRB are absolutely required reading this time of year. You really help to keep things fresh. Thank you.

DiehardChris likes this.
  6. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

Don't forget AJ over at the Examiner:

http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Houston-Texans-Examiner

7. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

Look for Thor on Facebook too. He posts quite a bit.

8. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Chris, great interview. It's good to have someone asking real questions as opposed to some blowhard like Justice.

DiehardChris likes this.
  9. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

10. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

Another great interview from Chris. Thanks for coming up with a something a little different. I think you where able to get JC to open a little more than the average interview.

DiehardChris likes this.

11. Goatcheese

Goatcheese A New Nightmare

All I could think when I opened the link was "three points of contact damnit!"

12. Old School

Old School Site Contributor

Great interview. It was nice to read some real questions for a change. I especially liked the one about his agent. It wasn't that big of a deal but it is something that I never see asked.
    I do wish you would have asked him to elaborate on the watching OD "off the field" comment. Hopefully he meant it as a way NOT to conduct business.

+ Rep to ya!:texflag:

DiehardChris likes this.
  13. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Really JC is a part of the long term plan to build the greatest twin set ever. Next year we will draft Tebow, having him and Casey as the HB/FB (interchangeable, of course). With an unstoppable amount of short yardage passes, trick plays and a brutal pair of runners it won't even matter that our line features Chris Myers and Mike Brisiel. Throw Slaton on top for the full house and it's the greatest Madden team ever assembled.

14. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I think TE Coach Brian Pariani is the key to Casey's progress. Texans use the TE more than just about any team out there, and Pariani is one of the best at what he does.

The blocking question is the good one to ask first. Casey on the field is going to have a lot to do with how quick he can pick up the playbook and how well he can block.

DiehardChris likes this.
  15. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

He absolutely is the key but I kind of found it a little discouraging to hear that Casey has not seen too much of Kyle Shannahan. Maybe I'm squinting a little too hard trying to make something out of nothing.

Pariani is the one to do all the teaching but if you want to be in on the playbook, you want to see quite a bit of the offensive coordinator. Wouldn't one think?

16. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

IMO that not how it usually works. Shanahan will hold the main offensive meetings, gameplan instillation type things. So far the team has been doing more positional stuff, technique and things, that is done in the smaller groups.

As they get closer to the season, OC, will have more contact with his side of the ball.

17. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Nice interview, thanks! [​IMG]

18. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Yeah, that's what I think too!

19. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Looking at that picture, do we really want Casey to fly like the Rosencopter ?
    Now, I'm all skeptical, LOL!

20. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

Great interview Chris! I was especially interested in Casey's contract. More specifically why he hasn't signed yet. Players picked just in front and right behind him in the Draft have already signed.

"Anything new with your contract situation? With all the bad contract news that’s gone on this off-season, the fans are ready for some good news. Do you think it will be much longer before you sign your deal"?

"No, nothing new with the contract situation, but I don’t think it will be much longer".

His answer is vague, which is to be expected, but I hope he signs soon. Don't want any hold outs.

DiehardChris likes this.