This picture sums it up!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Bullpen Drew, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Bullpen Drew

Bullpen Drew All Pro

via espn.com

[​IMG]

2. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

Me and my friend stayed until KC started kneeling...but it was getting pretty empty by that time. I needed to get out of there though since I had a 3 hour drive to look forward to after I got back home (and this was after spending another 45 minutes in the parking lot and the hour drive home and then talking to my parents at the house before I left for San Marcos.) All in all I got back to my dorm at 4 am.

And if anyone saw my post from when I first got back last night/this morning, no I did not make my 10 am....oops

3. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

I felt like that watching the game from home. Like ya lost your best friend. I'm an optimist and I think when this team is a formidable one and one to reckon w/ in the future we'll look back at this season and laugh. That time will come. I think, hell, I KNOW this team will bring us what Oilers never did... championship. One day, one day.

4. rockabilly

rockabilly Veteran

Someone has finnally put a sentence to how I feel. "Feels like you lost your best friend". I was so excited over the off-season waiting and waiting. ...then this is the outcome.

BattleRedRaider likes this.
  5. real

real Guest

Yeah, It's gotten so bad that I actually felst sympathy for Capers and Staff....Still want them gone, but I feel bad for them.

6. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

Exactly! A perfect way to put it!:crying: Between the lack of water in Lake Livingston resulting in my having to walk my boat out of the boathouse in order to :fishing: and the Texans unacceptable performance, I may have to resort to paxil.:heh:

I'll be at the game Sunday rooting for my team. I just hope that next year is better.:texflag:

7. ojthecat

ojthecat Veteran

Maybe we could get a group purchase together.:brickwall

8. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

It is an empty feeling knowing what could have been. It has been that way for me for two years now. Looked like we had a shot and it feel apart. The injuries in year 2 set this up. Capers lost a lot of his senior players that year and they really never returned to form. I've said for a long time that that year was our achillies heal. Capers needs vertern players to succeed and the loss of those players was his inevitable downfall. There was no way they could retool the defense.

9. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

I would just like to commend that individual for staying till the end along with the rest of us. OK, SOME of the rest of us. I also want to thank all those regular Houston attendees who left at hafltime or the third QTR, just like you always do.

I have to say this is the first game that at the end I didn't have to stand in line at the restrooms, or do those baby step shuffles to get out the main doors and on the ramps walking back to the parking lot. heck I even moved down a couple of rows just to check out an alternative view angle or two. This game rocked for me. It was sweet to walk around and try out a few different seats. And go to the restroom whenever I WANTED too without having to worry about the lines. :yahoo:

Go Houstonites and keep up the good work. I drive much to far to have to wait n line either at the restroom or ramps anyway. :texflag:

10. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

That picture does sum it up. Like the Chester Pitts uniform he is sporting.

11. Scott D

Scott D Veteran

Somehow, I doubt it.

12. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I don't know if this is true or not but one of the newscasts tonight said there were only about 50 thousand at the game last night...not paid seats but actual attendance.

13. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

about half way through the first QTR, right about the time Mathis ran it back for a TD, the stands were pretty much full. There were some seats empty, so 50 thousand sounds about right to me.

by halfway through the 4th QTR, I think we were lucky to have 1000 in the entire stadium.

14. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

it had to be less than that i had never seen reliant so empty before i want to say about 35 thousand to 40 at its fullest point. and down to about 30 thousand after David threw his only touchdown of the Game:texflag:

15. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

I actually stayed all the way until the clock read 0:00. Yes, in the 4th quarter.

16. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Well I guess it is true then. I forgot to listen to the radio broadcast of the game and for the most part had the TV muted so I never heard anything about attendance. I do remember seeing one shot fairly early in the game and there were alot of empty seats.

Oh well. Better days ahead. Or years I guess.

17. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Yeah, I feel the same way... just evertthing about this team is depressing, maybe the exception of our special teams...

18. rdakers28

rdakers28 Rookie

I saw 70100 something at the game for attendance but it sure does not sound right

19. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

that was the 'tickets sold' attendance, which is what the NFL reports, not actual attendance, rdakers.

20. whotex8

whotex8 Rookie

No..70,000 or so sounds about right. I was there and when the game started it looked not so full...but around 7 min into the game, I noticed the stadium had really started getting a bit fuller. But never got to capacity. I would say that 70+ sounds right..but only lasted about 2 minutes.
    We stayed til beginning of 4th but oh so disappointed. Not worth staying on a sunday night when you work the next day. Had it been saturday, we probly would have stayed. What a shame......and I really love and support this team.
    Not giving up.:texflag: