This Organization is a Joke

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hookem Horns, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

If this post needs to be moved to the drunk thread then mods please do so because Texans football sucks however the wine is good tonight.

I am wondering why I signed up for this mess. I was an Oilers fan since my family moved to Houston from Austin in 1977, I was like in 2nd grade. That team put me through hell with all of the post season choking however at least they made it to the post season.

We moved to NY when I was going into 8th grade however despite becoming a Giants fan living up there I always stayed loyal to the Oilers first. The year I moved back to Texas era el año que estos bastardos moved to Tennessee. So for those years I just followed the Giants despite being back in Texas. So when a team was announced as coming back to Houston of course I was on board.

OK, I am rambling now since I am sure no one cares why I decided to become a Texans fan since I haven't lived in Houston since 1982.

As I said in another thread, this team does not connect with the fans (in the right way that doesn't including sucking them for money). They don't embrace the history of football in Houston or even recognize the greats like Earl Campbell, Warren Moon (sorry Sandy) or others. They just don't relate to long time Houston fans.

On the field it is even worse. How many consecutive years have the Texans been drafting defense first?? How many first round picks have been on defense, and yet this defense could not stop Greg Davis and the Longhorns right now. I betcha Garrett Gilbert would have a field day vs the Texans.

The shame is the Texans have a ton of talent and it is all going to waste. Just think how great AJ would be playing on a real team. Foster is the real deal also however it is a shame that his production is going to waste.

There have been several opportunities for this organization to really be embraced not only by Houston but the entire state, yet they always blow it. The Cowboys suck yet their only victory is against this sorry team. There are so many Cowboys fans just ready to jump off the Jerry train however the alternative isn't much more attractive.

What a joke.

TexansSeminole and eriadoc like this.
  2. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Keep hittin' the vino bro. At least today will be somewhat productive. I know I upped my beer intake after the latest debacle.

We're gluttons from punishment, we are Houston football fans. :sigh:

eriadoc likes this.
  3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Well, we better keep drafting D first, because we still need a real FS and some DTs who don't think they're DEs.

Can we draft a HC and some coordinators?

4. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I have gone through a weird phase with the Texans

about 3 weeks ago, I turned the TV on and grabbed me a beer out of the ole 12 pack and after 2 beers and watching the game, I just stopped drinking while the game was on and I haven't drank during a game since. I remember thinking ,at the time,"why am I going to waste a good buzz on the Texans and then spend the rest of the night pissed off Richard Smith's defense"

5. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

In vino veritas.

6. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

All I can say is I've been smoking more lately.

7. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I view it as more like a Greek Tragedy

8. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Yeah, cuz we keeped getting screwed that way.

ps-why does this bring up a link to wikipedia, LOL?

9. BeerTastesLikeVictory

BeerTastesLikeVictory Custom Title

I hear you. It just keeps getting harder and harder to justify to yourself and others that this team is on the rise or even relavant. While I'm not jumping ship I'm finding it tough to talk about the around football crowds anymore. For the last 7 years I've lived in Boston, MA (2004-2006) and Pittsburgh, PA (2007-present) so it's not as if I have any common Texan brethren to at least complain about the state of the team.

It gets a little old seeing other teams win championships and watching the fanbase in absolute euphoria. I've lived in cities the year they won a Superbowl 4 times (Denver x1, Pittsburgh x1, Boston x2), and I would say thats more than almost anyone has seen in a lifetime especially at my young age (31). But while it's fun to see I've never really felt the connection to those teams that I do with my hometown teams, so the vested interest isnt truly there to know what all these fans feel. Who know's maybe they are just waiting for me to move back before they lay the hammer down...I guess thats all I can hope for at this point.

10. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I understand what you're saying here and dread the impending crap storm of "Fan-on-Fan" verbal violence it's about to unleash.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the similarities to the 2005 season that I'm seeing this year. The records are nothing alike and neither are the talent levels so understand that I'm not going there. I'm thinking of the expectations and the way hopes get dashed when those expectations aren't met. I'm thinking about the way we respond to that. Even the pink soap avatars are back.

If you think about it 2010 has a "Back to the Future" feel to it. 2005 was the first time I ever saw Texans fans fight amongst themselves in large numbers. There were people who wanted to see Dom go and people who didn't. People who hated Carr and people who didn't. People who wanted to lose more games to draft better and people who didn't. People who wanted to draft Vince and people who didn't. It just seemed like if there was a reason to bicker we found it.

I feel like that today. I see things that I think need to change and when I talk about them I get told I'm not a real fan and how unreasonable "pink soapers" are. We're a good 3-4 losses away from turning on each other completely.

As for the team, I don't believe that we're getting the kind of production out of these players that they are capable of. I think a coaching change is in order or will be by the end of the season. Nobody wants to hire a coach and be looking for another one 4-5 years later. We all want to hire the next Tom Landry or Don Shula. We all want to hire that guy who takes you to multiple Super Bowls and wins for 20 straight years but those guys are rare. Kubiak is (I think) going to crawl us into another .500-ish finish this year and that should be enough reason to let him go BUT there will be the suspensions and there will be the injuries and there will be the upcoming labor questions and so if we don't have football in 2011 then we'll probably have another year of Gary-Ball in 2012. When that ends up as another .500 season (give or take) will that finally be enough? How old will AJ be then? Will McNair need to hire another consultant to hold his hand while he searches for his next coach?

The Houston Texans have one major obstacle to get past before they can reach their full potential and I'm sorry to say that it is themselves. If they can ever get out of their own way they might start to figure some of this other stuff out and amount to something.

11. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

If it keeps up like this yall will get yall wishlist Mcnair will hit the reset button and expect another 2 years of "Building Seasons"

12. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Just shoot me now please. Or ban me if that is easier for you, cause I will surely explode here shortly.

13. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Except this team doesn't need to be rebuilt. It needs leadership.

There are some holes on the roster, make no mistake. But this team can beat any team in the league on any given Sunday.

No need to rebuild. Just find someone who can coach.

Koolaid Time likes this.
  14. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

I am not jumping ship either however I am going into my Giants fan mode (where I only look at games as far as they are concerned) which I seem to do every season. I am at the point where someone can just wake me up when this team is relevant. Maybe I will still care when that happens. If not it is their loss.

15. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

More like "some people who can Coach"...

We need to Clean House.

16. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

sadly thats how it goes man new Coach new GM new Pholphsy

-the new Regmine will want there own players not these Scrubs losers who thats what they are in there mind

-Look at the redskins Shanny comes in and Boom Chamble is gone

-Look at the jets more then half of all of the Mangini players are gone

Yay they may keep some of the good players but they will be on a very shot Lease and prob be benched alot

or they might trade some of are so called stars for other players they like or draft picks thats how it goes

17. BeerTastesLikeVictory

BeerTastesLikeVictory Custom Title

I'm with you. Gameplan + attitude check will win plenty more games with the current roster (defensive secondary excluded)

18. Blake

Blake MMQB

Hey maybe we can draft another Dlineman #1 again and see if that fixes it.

Wash rinse repeat.

I was saying the same thing about our talent going to waste. I would love to see Mario and Cushing tear it up on another team like the Eagles, or Ravens. AJ on the Packers, or Duane Brown on the Giants. Sigh....

19. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

and if it means 12-4 instead of 8-8, I'm on board.

20. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

My girlfriend asked me today why I watch the Texans. I said "because they are my team." She went on to say she gets all that but they just make me mad and that I am a much more difficult person to talk to on gameday. She also said that if it weren't for me she would have no idea that the Texans even existed.

I honestly sat there for a moment and asked myself, "why do I watch the Texans?"