This loss is on the... (fans?)

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by euro-Texan, Sep 26, 2010.

1. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

I hate to admit it, but the fans own some of this terrible loss. This game was embarasing. I'm a dislocated Texan living in Georgia. I have to go into a hostile stadium each year to root for my home team. Why the hell would so many Texans season ticket holders sell their tickets to cowgirl fans? I'm disgusted! Every camera angle shows nothing but cowgirl fans throughout the stadium. Looks like we are just the expansion franchise we are made out to be in the media. I'm ashamed! I guess I will just put on my Romo jersey (just lost a bet) and smile as we're are referred to as joke again. The limelight was nice for a week.

RTP2110 likes this.
  2. arb729

arb729 Veteran

I'm also a dislocated Texans fan (from Massachusetts, going to school in Boston) and I absolutely do not think we're a joke. We lost a game that meant a ton more to the other team in terms of their season & their coaches job. This game will probably end up having 0 significance in our season. We're still 1st in the south, we still have a direct game on the Colts, and we can still be 3-1 without one of our defensive anchors. We've been unfortunate enough to have our defense exposed because we're playing three premere offenses to start the season.

3. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

If you say it enough, it might come true!

4. arb729

arb729 Veteran

so the three offenses we've faced so far aren't good? really? so peyton, mcnabb, and romo aren't considered three upper tier quarterbacks? hmm. how could I be sooo stupid.

5. ziggy29

ziggy29 Hall of Fame

Agreed. If this defense gets shredded by Oakland next week, we'll KNOW that they really are pretty bad. Until then, I think the other teams' QBs deserve some credit.

6. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

Agreed, we are not a joke, but this one would have been huge and while it might have meant more to them, it doesnt appear that in meant much to our guys as a whole. I will still be wearing my Texans Jersey at whatever the Jags are calling their stadium now, but I really expected more on both sides of the ball. I expected MUCH more from the stands.

7. arb729

arb729 Veteran

oh no i agree im disapointed in this effort overall. after last week I thought this was a no quit, gritty squad. They still very well might be, but they looked a little shell shocked after the long drive by the cowboys and hung their heads a little .. oh well, move on, win some more games, and throw away this effort.

8. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

That really is expansion talk. I understand your point, but are we still "just trying to hang around." I feel this team is ready to step up and If I were a player looking at the sea of Cowgirl fans in the audiance, I would have been dissappointed.

9. THE NFL

THE NFL Veteran

So now the Redskins and Cowboys are top tier elite offenses?

I thought Romo sucked and the Cowboys were overrated?

Guys... stick to an excuse... please.

The Texans defense isnt very good. Its just that simple.

The fans? Please....

10. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

Couldn't have said it better.

11. ziggy29

ziggy29 Hall of Fame

These are two completely separate issues.

12. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

I really don't think that is has been the QB play that has beat us. Those 3 are great QBs but our sub-standard coverage was the main reason we got lit up.

13. arb729

arb729 Veteran

heres the thing about the fans .. there were WAY too many 'girls fans there. absolutely. and i know the south (especially texas) is much different than up here in boston. but the only anology i can say is that my father and i have celtics tickets, and when the celtics play the lakers especially, we sell those because people will pay a BOATLOAD to go to that game. the profit from that game alone can often pay for three or four other games from the season. we have no control who buys them after we post them. it sucks because laker and cowgirls fans are so numerous everywhere and so willing to pay their month's salary to go see them play those are often the market for such tickets. agree on your point overall, i just think people are overreacting right now.

14. ziggy29

ziggy29 Hall of Fame

I think more to the point, the Texans are a team that the best QBs in the league can torch, and the Texans have indeed seen three of the top-tier QBs in the NFL in their first three weeks.

Again, if they get shredded by Oakland next week, than they ARE that bad.

15. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

The thread was more intended to the latter

16. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

Romo hasn't looked like a top tier QB until today.

17. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

We have a damn good offense, but it got shut down today. It happens you know. That Any Given Sunday shit ain't shit, it's real.

The problem is our defensive secondary, which is beyond bad. I think it's worse than last year's secondary. But, I think it will improve as the season goes along. I predicted 10-6 and sneaking into the wild card playoffs this year, and I'll be damn happy with that and I still think it's doable.

I hate losing to the Cowpies, but it's done now. We got bigger fish to fry in our future anyway.

18. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

Seriously, never blame a loss on the crowd. On the heirarchy of lame excuses, that's even worse than blaming officials.

19. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

As a person who goes to Texans games on the road (only because I have to) I understand that oposing fans are part of the game, but the damn bullpen was full of cowgirl fans. Look, it didn't cost us the game, but it was just as humiliating as the loss.

20. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

I wasn't in the bull pen but I was suprised that my section (353) had far fewer Cowturd fans than were at the preseason game. And my section usually houses a lot of opponent's fans.

I will say, though, that most Cowboy fans were reasonable after the game. However, there were 2 or 3 fans that had no class. Every other team I've seen has been very respectful. One piece of sh*t started talking crap to a family of 4 with a 5 year old sitting behind me. It made me sick, and I probably should have punched him in the crotch.