This Is Why David Cant Do Anything

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by hellojohnnyboi, Jan 17, 2006.

1. hellojohnnyboi

hellojohnnyboi Rookie

GREG ROMAN!

The Texans QB Coach has never coached nor played quaterbacks in his life.

He started out as a Strength And Conditioning/Defensive Quality Control Coach with the Panthers, then Offensive Quality Control and Offensive Assistant with the Panthers, then Assistant Offensive Line Coach with Panthers, then Tight Ends Coach with Texans, and all of the sudden he is the QB coach for us.

Did he recieve that position just because he has coached for a while. I honestly dont think an O-Line Assistan/TE coach should ever have the immediate position of QB coach at a young franchise with a young QB.

JEEEZE Capers is gone if only Casserly could leave too.

2. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Chris Palmer for the first three seasons was basically Carr's quarterback coach.

3. hellojohnnyboi

hellojohnnyboi Rookie

And notice in those 3 seasons (besides injury) he performed better.

4. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I can think of 3 other good reasons:

1) Casserly is our GM, 2) Pendry was our O-line coach, 3) Pendry was or OC.

Do you get the feeling that I wasn't impressed with Pendry? :)

5. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

It actually has a hell of a lot more to do with the fact that Carr's name isn't Vince Young, he hasn't won a Rose Bowl, and he didn't go to UT.

6. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

This is not news for the Texans, nor coaches rounding themselves out for career development.

Carr can do many things that an average paid QB can do.

7. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

This can't be true is it?

8. hellojohnnyboi

hellojohnnyboi Rookie

WOW! JEREK! How ignorant and one sided can you be?!

Look at this...Carrs best college season VS Youngs best

DAVID CARR

Year G-GS Att. Comp Int Yds. Pct. TD LG
    2001 13-13 477 309 7 4,308*.648 42* 70

*Led Nation

VINCE YOUNG

Year G-GS Att. Comp Int Yds. Pct. TD LG
    2005 13-13 325 212 10 3,036 .652 26 --

9. hellojohnnyboi

hellojohnnyboi Rookie

yes it is true kbourda, another great hiring rather than firing by casserly and capers..

10. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

So are you saying Carr is a better college player than young? So then reasoning on this board would dictate Vince would be a worse QB than Carr?

11. hellojohnnyboi

hellojohnnyboi Rookie

No what I'm saying is that Carr put up much better numbers than VY and alot of people think VY will NOT be the best QB in the draft. And in the 01-02 draft the man was DAVID CARR he recieved 71% of the votes of who should be the number 1 pick of the draft... Vince Young has recieved 56%....

What I am saying is that Vince is in such high demand here bc he is a longhorn and is a hometown boy, but you have to realize the potential of bust.

Also, we have our QB of the future. I DO NOT want to accept that fact but I have to...

BTW NO ONE should be dissapointed if Reggie Bush's name is called.

BTWW I dont agree with Carr as our QB and I DONT necessarly agree with us taking VY or RB...but im thinkin wat is best for the team, not me..

12. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Woe is me!!Poor David. Maybe we should just go spend a ton of money and get him the perfect team and when he still under performs after another 4 years we should just keep paying him and get him a lineman that fixes his hair between series. I mean Boo-hoo. It isn't EVERYONES fault but Carrs. He shoulder the responsibility of making himself better and being a leader. He has done neither.

13. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

Here's an even bigger question. Why is CC still employed here as the GM? How many more drafts does he have to **** up for someone to take a hint? How much more "insight" does he offer til someone sees it as BS and calls him on it? This is really not a story I cared to hear about right now. If that was the case, I could have been his QB coach. I could have at least told him, "Hey, once you leave the pocket, throw the ball away. It beats rushing and getting killed." Amazing!

14. 281

281 Hall of Fame

...Somebody wanna pull up Jason White's stats?

15. Dennis007

Dennis007 Rookie

Excuse 1000000000000000001 - Any more?:stirpot:

16. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

451/278 61.64% 10INT 3,846yds 40TD 158.1 rating.

A pretty poor example IMO, since White wasn't even drafted and was definitely not a consensus top 10 prospect like the guys we're talking about. He had 2 blown knees and pretty much everyone knew he wasn't going to cut it in the NFL.

17. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

That's what I have been saying for a long time now. VY is going to be like Vick, who isn't that good of a QB.

18. jacquescas

jacquescas Hall of Fame

and CArr had absolutely no TE to throw to, the last few games when he started to play better also coincided with more catches by Rivers... imagine if we had a legit TE what that could do for Carrs game,

19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I'll admit, before Vince said he would enter the draft, QB was the least of my worries. But with Vince available...... I'm not so high on Carr. I've defended him from day one, and supported him. I think if you put most NFL starters in Carrs shoes, our season wouldn't have been any different at all. There are three maybe four, that I think would have made a difference, given us more wins.

Dante Culpepper, Donavan McNabb, Bret Favre, Jake Plummer, and Michael Vick.
    These may not be the "type" of QB you want on your team, & that's fine. I can understand that. All these guys are better than David Carr, and most NFL quarterbacks at making plays on the run. Making something out of nothing, and putting wins on the board. Vick, he isn't like any of those other guys, because he can't throw on a consistant basis. But he makes plays, and he wins games.
    Of course, in my mind, Drafting Young says I'm not going to pay a lot for talent on the offensive line. Or that I'll be happy with the run blocking we are getting from our Offensive line. I do expect my Lineman to improve their performance next year, and beyond, but that will be through technique, and coaching. By keeping Casserly, and looking at the money we've payed our lineman, I can't imagine our direction is anything else. It's inconcievable to think year after year, player after player we sign these goofy contracts to the same type of players, and expect to have a pocket passer.

I don't know what to make of David Carr. But I don't think this team is set up for him to be succesful.

20. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

All Texan281 was saying is dont compare statistics because it's really dumb since they both came from different places.