This is the last straw

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by warbar546, Sep 11, 2005.

1. warbar546

warbar546 Guest

I can not stand to go through another Capers and CO. disaster of a season and todays game is a repeat of every mistgake and more made ovedr the last 3 years. Cpaers has got to go and the wimp Carr is next. Let's spend the year dumping off to Davis for 3-4 yards becase we have no pass protection.

Totally fed up and embarassed :tomato:
    The Texans are a joke

2. DomDavis

DomDavis Veteran

Mind explaining what Carr has done that is at all "wimpy"?

3. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

The first offensive play of the game, he had plenty of protection, and he throws a one yard dumpoff pass to Davis. Wimpy or just SUCKS? You make the call.

4. DomDavis

DomDavis Veteran

There's a difference between playing poorly and being a wimp.

As far as that play, it's a no win situation. No one was open downfield, and the Bills have playmakers in the secondary. If he tries to make a play and it gets picked off, you'll fault him for bad decision-making. If he tries to play it safe and not make the mistake, you'll fault him for not being aggressive. There's no way he can win, but I'm not sure why I should be surprised at that given the history of this board.

5. SPRBWL

SPRBWL Rookie

Just stop it man...it's because of this same attitude that these inept coaches are still leading this team nowhere but down!!!! :crying:

6. BGRICK

BGRICK Rookie

it would help if he gets some protection

7. GP

GP Go Texans!

DD missed a block COMPLETELY on one sack. The defender went RIGHT BY DD and DD didn't even put a hand on him. That was DD's fault.

Another sack, Carr could have looked away from AJ (which he rarely does) and he would have seen our TE to his left...standing undefended after the TE had slipped away from the defender.

I'm tired of the o line bashing. At some point, Carr and other players have to be held responsible for missed blocks, missed open men who are standing at the safety-valve area waiting for the pass, etc., etc.

Carr is overrated. Period. His only great play was diving for the pylon, and we wouldn't have gotten close enogh to the pylon for THAT to happen if we hadn't lucked out with the unnecessary roughness penalty that was a mercy gift from the refs on that drive.

Wake up. Smell the coffee. It ain't just the o line. They can't be perfect, and I frankly think they are frustrated from Carr's poor play and poor decision making. What motivation would YOU have to do a better job of blocking if the QB just can't get it done on a consistent basis?

THEY looked like a bunch of m o r o n s out there today.

But, hey it's just the preseason right? I can't wait for the regular season games to get here. We'll see the REAL Texans, right?

8. DomDavis

DomDavis Veteran

Peyton Manning wouldn't do much better, if any, with this offensive line. It is just the offensive line, and has been for four years.

I didn't expect the Texans to be world beaters. But how they played in the preseason has very little to do with how they're playing today. This is the result of a poor offensive line going up against a great defense... stuff happens sometimes. Game's still not over, though.

9. bigcarlos

bigcarlos Veteran

We suck :tomato:

10. airforcelover

airforcelover Rookie

I have to partially agree.

1. Carr must go NOW!!!!, Should have never been the starter from the beginning.
    2. If Capers can't see the forest for the trees and still thinks Carr is the wonderboy, then he has to go too.
    3. If it aint broke, don't fix it. The defense was fine last year and the offense has never worked. Hum, is it the players or the Offensive Coordiator?:um:

11. Austin_Texans_Fan

Austin_Texans_Fan Rookie

For the past few seasons I have been waiting for the coaches to fix the problems, BUT IT'S THE SAME F'ING PROBLEMS EVERY YEAR!!!!!!

What, the o-line looked like **** today? Well no s**t, it's the same POS line and system we had last year!!!

You don't make ANY changes to fix the line and expect different results!?!?!

Something has to change, fire someone, cut someone, I don't care but just do something.

12. BEERnBBQ

BEERnBBQ Veteran

ok as bad as weve played today and believe me we've stunk up the place. we're only 1-0 as are half the teams in the league. granted we'll probably get our a** kicked next week but i'll worry about that later

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Veteran

NO QB can survive this with no protection. They double AJ, so he has no one to throw to.

14. hrdcoretxns

hrdcoretxns Waterboy

Pathetic. Absolutely Pathetic. Play calling/Coaching is still junior high level at best. I can not stand to watch Capers with that stupid look on his face and his mouth hanging open any longer. Pathetic :hairpull:

15. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Enough said.

16. Scott747

Scott747 Rookie

We looked better on opening day. Hard to believe how much of a step we have taken back, just based on this one game. Blame the Oline as much as you want. Carr continues to look at who he is going to throw to, and never stays in the pocket anymore. Understandable after what he went thru the first few years, but now it is causing more sacks.

Three step drop is not the answer. Step in the pocket Dave and trust the routes your receivers run.

17. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Doesn't get any easier with the Steelers coming to town next week. I am not really even that excited, which is very unusual. Guess I just have to look forward to the tailgating.

What a way to start off the season.

Thank God UT won last night.

18. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

No, we replaced the young and improving LT with an equivalent LT who is older, peaked, and declining. Wand wouldn't have saved this game by any means, but at least he may be building for the future. In any event, Riley isn't a "win now" replacement.

I've been saying keep Wand in the line-up, but maybe this game shows that he wasn't the root cause of our offensive woes last year, as many thought.

Pendry has now replaced him twice with inferior players, and Pendry can't improve what talent he has.

19. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

The thing to keep in mind is that we typically play our best on opening day. Isn't that comforting?

20. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

I guess this game makes the Tampa Bay pre season game look good lol!