Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

This is more like it Texans

beerlover

Hall of Fame
from the Huddle, this is what their latest Mock Draft reflects the Houston Texans selecting- without giving up draft picks, thank you very much!

13 LB Derrick Johnson Texas
47 CB *Fabian Washington Nebraska
73 DE *Bill Swancutt Oregon St
78 RB *Marion Barber Minnesota
114 WR Mark Bradley Oklahoma
151 S Jamaal Brimmer UNLV
188 OT Calvin Armstrong Washington St
227 QB *Walter Washington Temple

Replace Swancutt, who is too small to be a 3-4 DE and too slow to be a good OLB, with a guard or center, and that would be a very good list of players...

D-ReK said:
Replace Swancutt, who is too small to be a 3-4 DE and too slow to be a good OLB, with a guard or center, and that would be a very good list of players...

thats what I was thinking too but then I remember he was very impressive @ the senior bowl despite slow times (4.91-4.95) at the combine. also Oregon State has produced some fine defensive players especially at LB and Lineman so they must have some great coaching going on there. here is the bottom line as per Drew Boylhart from the Huddle-

Bottom Line
Let me introduce you to Bill Swancutt -- a real football player. He does so much more for his team than stats can ever measure. Bill is a sure pick in this draft. He is smart, athletic and has good character plus -- shock of all shocks -- he can tackle. Don’t believe that this kid is an overachiever, he is just an achiever. He just makes tackles all over the field and if he is not making a tackle, you can be sure he is disrupting the play so that others can make the tackle. You must account for this kid on every single play. Even if you run right at him, you had better make sure you block him and don’t make a mistake doing it. This kid is so tough that you could pluck one of his whiskers and nail it into a board. The scouts are going to say he is a little undersized and yada, yada, yada, but Bill has 1st round talent. Because he is a little undersized by NFL standards he will be a 1st day pick. Let me just say this, if you need a real football player on your team, then you will draft this kid. No questions asked.

texansfan88 said:
Washington wont last until 47, Barber wont last until 78 or w/e, and Walter Washington weighs like 260 lbs

so neither will Derrick Johnson so whats your point? as far as Walter Washington I know nothing about him but some people on this board do, such as Vinny, plus its becoming somewhat of a local joke that the Texans select a QB in the 7th rd. for tradition sake, which gives his picks some local flavor.

beerlover said:
thats what I was thinking too but then I remember he was very impressive @ the senior bowl despite slow times (4.91-4.95) at the combine. also Oregon State has produced some fine defensive players especially at LB and Lineman so they must have some great coaching going on there.

Swancutt may very well end up being a good player in the NFL, but he would need to add between 20 and 30 pounds to be D-Linman here...I just can't see how he would be a good fit in a 3-4...

look around how many Mock Drafts really have any concept of what the Texans will do or who they will draft. but as Fiddy says these picks would kick some butt, this is one national mock draft that clearly favors the Texans :thumbup

D-ReK said:
Swancutt may very well end up being a good player in the NFL, but he would need to add between 20 and 30 pounds to be D-Linman here...I just can't see how he would be a good fit in a 3-4...

special teams for starters. 20 lbs should not be a problem, so he is a little undersized for the 3-4, bet he could still get to the QB, which if I remember right is a definite need. now he would not be a everydown lineman I'll grant you that, but in special blitz packages I think he becomes a QB's nightmare and a fan favorite. the other player that I really like who is similar and brings some of the same intangibles is Jonathan Babineaux, but he is taken in the 2nd round by the Bills who know a thing or two about good defensive prospects. all in all I see him as a value pick that addresses a need, but he would stick, make the team and contribute in anyway he could. if we draft four players this year who can help the team right away that would be a successful draft to me. :thumbup

If it went like that I would have a freaking heart attack. Top 5 pick at 13, 1st round talent in the 2nd, Barber should go high second.I would not complain. :thumbup

beerlover said:
from the Huddle, this is what their latest Mock Draft reflects the Houston Texans selecting- without giving up draft picks, thank you very much!

13 LB Derrick Johnson Texas
47 CB *Fabian Washington Nebraska
73 DE *Bill Swancutt Oregon St
78 RB *Marion Barber Minnesota
114 WR Mark Bradley Oklahoma
151 S Jamaal Brimmer UNLV
188 OT Calvin Armstrong Washington St
227 QB *Walter Washington Temple

Do you have a link to this?

OK thanx for the link, and I like the draft except for one thing (and if any of ya'll pay attention to my post ya'll should already know what I dislike about it) the Bucs pass on BMW!!!

Bradley would be a very nice pick!!! That's a very nice draft but I don't see Fabian Washington lasting that long but it would be a very draft for us.

beerlover said:
But how likely is this to happen? Don't get me wrong, I love this scenario and do not want the Texans to cough up any extra picks this year (unless its a deal getting a high pick next year). All you need is for one top 12 pick in that mock to differ and the 13 spot becomes that nightmare scenario we've seene in other mocks.

Anyway, every year some top prospect drops. I just hope that prospect drops to 13.

I like how we have all these draft experts. " so and so will be gone by bla bla bla, and so and so will definately not be there at 47 " - did yall forget how many players dropped, and rised, way past the positions they were projected the past years, especially last year? 1st rounders, fell to 3rd, some 2nd, possibly a 3rd, went to 1st. We won't know ANYTHING untill draft day for sure. But for a mock, thats pretty good.

BEst of the national mocks I've seen, but I'm really worried about Washington. I'm not fond of any CB from Nebraska, even with the superb 40 times.

The rest if great, even the mandatory QB pick. I could live with this, but with a few changes I'd be happy-happy-joy-joy.

It would be great to get DJ, but it looks like the Cardinals may be targeting him...According to KFFL, the Cards released LeVar Woods and Raynoch Thompson, who are basically their only depth at OLB...

Back