This is just weird..

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DX-TEX, Oct 18, 2013.

1. DX-TEX

DX-TEX Hall of Fame

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...es-it-factor-4905819.php?t=09ad29a86ecc308649

McClain is talking about a talk with Jones in May of this year. MAY!

Straight up X files s**t right here. The truth is out there...:tinfoil::texflag:

2. Vance87

Vance87 Hall of Fame

But Keenum didn't beat out Yates for the backup job...;)

3. kingtexan

kingtexan Hall of Fame

Anyone who watched Case play at UoH should have thought he could have a chance to be the real deal.

4. DX-TEX

DX-TEX Hall of Fame

Yeah but EVERYTHING else was correct including Keenum jumping in to start over Yates if Schaub went down. Scary stuff

5. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

6. macho grande

macho grande Veteran

This!! I can't wait. I'd lost interest in watching same ol schaub. I haven't been this intrigued since last year's divisional game vs the Pats. Hopefully there's a different result this week :-)

7. aussie_texan

aussie_texan Hall of Fame

:koolaid:

:texflag:

CASE "THE FACE" KEENUM!!!! get around him :fans:

:homer:

8. Lord Bills

Lord Bills Destruction

everything he said was true including outplaying TJ Yates in the preseason. I mean it was close but not really. Offense flowed when Case was there.

The aura was strong.

Aura levels approaching 85.7%.

I think that's when Dre was first infected by it. Only reason why Yates was named #2 was because of Kubiak's seniority status philosophy.

GuerillaBlack likes this.
  9. TejasTom

TejasTom Heisenwatt

I think under any other coach, he would have.

MEGA SWATT likes this.
  10. DX-TEX

DX-TEX Hall of Fame

Maybe Case is just gassy

11. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Sure he did. Gary just didn't have it in his heart to take the #2 spot away from Yates for what he felt was a statistical "tie" between the two. He left TJ his #2 spot and put Keenum on the roster. The first chance he gets to start one of them he goes with Keenum and has Yates back him up?

I think Kubiak knew since the preseason he'd probably end up doing this if Matt went down. While Schaub was still in the mix there was just no reason to make the change on paper.

12. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

agree we all know Kubes loyalty problems, i am shocked he did this. This is an obvious save your job and the season move. Glad he made it though.

13. Vance87

Vance87 Hall of Fame

Man you fanboys are easy to set off...

MEGA SWATT and Nitrofish like this.
  14. Premier

Premier All Pro

this is where i was at... this is the first time since the letterman jacket game that ive checked an opposing teams message board.. i came into this season defeated, knowing schaub is a loser who doesnt put this team over the top. idk what to expect with keenum but im so excited, jessie spano.. all the high praise from everyone has me with high expectations, its probably foolish but heres to hope..

15. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

After thinking about it further, here is the real reason why I think Keenum wasn't named the #2 QB coming out of camp and I can't really blame Kubiak for it.

He didn't want to put Keenum #2 behind a mentally soft and struggling (coming off last season) QB. He wanted to give Schaub every chance to succeed and rebound back to being a solid/above solid starting QB. If Keenum would've been #2 out of the gate, every time Schaub would've thrown a ball over his receiver's head, at his receiver's feet, or thrown a horrible pick at home, the boo birds would've came out calling for Case. Yates being listed at #2 was the protection buffer that Kubiak needed to give Schaub a legit chance to rebound without being hounded by fans in the crowd who would of wanted to see the hometown kid.

It didn't work though... Schaub played like **** still and still looked mentally broken throughout the early part of the season, then when he put in Yates for mop up duty, he fell on his face too. Against the Rams (which if Schaub would've been hurt or not) I believe Schaub was put on notice he was playing for his job. He played decent and completed some passes and avoided the pick.. then bam, he goes down and the crowd cheers. Kubiak throws Yates out there and he plays like **** again. I believe it was right then and there that Kubiak decided he was going to roll with Keenum.

This whole "Yates and Keenum will be splitting carries and then I'll name this week's starter" was probably just lip service to the media. It only took a couple of practices for him to come up and name his starter and I believe Keenum will remain his starter for the rest of the year. The fans have been done with Schaub and I think Kubiak is now too. His inability to stay healthy, inability to make chicken salad when things break down, and his habit of making horrible mistakes at the worst times have cost Kubiak dearly at key points in his Texans' coaching history. I think this 2-4 start (granted it wasn't always Schaub's fault, but Kubiak runs his offense and QBs.. only thing he can truly control) was the straw that broke Kubiak's back.

Outside of injury or absolute horrible play by Keenum, I honestly don't see Schaub returning as the starter this year for the Texans. I don't even think Keenum has to play out of this world to keep the job. I believe even if Keenum has growing pains and struggles at times, Kubiak will still stick with him as long as he's making enough positive plays along the way.

16. 2012Champs

2012Champs Hall of Fame

Under any other coach he wouldn't have been signed at all. Amazing the Case crew seems to overlook that what talking about Gary and how he handles things

17. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

you dont know that for sure, he is a home town kid. You dont know what any other coach would of done.

18. 2012Champs

2012Champs Hall of Fame

What other team offered him something?

Gary gave him a chance in more than one way despite what you may think

19. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

:rolleyes:

They overlook that for a reason... because it flat out is NOT true.

Case would've been invited to a camp if he didn't sign here. LMAO, seriously just because the guy was a UDFA does not mean that nobody had a eye on him, they simply didn't want to spend a draft on him (like Gary), but he would've been offered a try out by one of the other 31 teams.

20. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

I wish Matt Schaub and the rest of the Texans got as much support as Case is getting right now. :(