Theres still time to beef up the offense with a trade.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by fly, Apr 30, 2006.

1. fly

fly Rookie

What do you think...got any ideas on a possible trade? Surely the front office has some ideas for the o-line which is now our biggest concern even with the 2 3rd round picks. BTW i was a bush supporter too but we have a capable defense that opposing teams will have to actually prepare for.

2. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

The additions of Mario Williams and Demeco Ryans completely changes the complexion of our defense!!!:yahoo:

3. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Um No.

Simply put I think we are pretty well set up on the Offensive side of the ball.

Now if you are talking about adding a DB then I would talk with you.

4. pskinny

pskinny Veteran

Atlanta is looking to move TJ Duckett.....Word was we were trying to trade up to get DeAngelo Williams, but it didn't happen because the Bills were over there doing the pee pee dance and just couldn't wait anymore to get their guy....

Maybe the Texans have some interest in Duckett?

5. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

Yeah, what the hell happened in Bills war room? If there is one thing we can definitely say about our draft, at least we didn't do as bad as the Bills. I think they submitted their 2nd round card instead of their 1st round card. Ooops.

6. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

The guy who handed him the card must have looked down in his left hand and swore loudly.

Then that guy looks down: "Oh no, this is going to make our Message Boards crash again."

Then he heads back to the room.

Same Guy: "I'm fired aren't I?"
    The Owner: "You think!?"

7. Scooter

Scooter Funky

how do we beef up our offense? we're full as it is. DD is our starting runningback and we've got a competant backup incase of injury. we have 2 probowl receivers, and 3 more than capable guys fighting for the 3rd spot on the depth chart. we have 8 tight ends on our roster. we got 3 new offensive linemen, one of which is a probowler, and we've got wand back in the lineup - essentially 4 new linemen. heck we even picked up a second fullback and our qb's are already 3 deep.

our new coach has had one of the best offseasons i've ever seen ... as a rookie! he'll get the most out of even the under achievers, and combined with sherman we're an extremely offensive minded coaching staff. if our current guys cant get the job done, we're just S.O.L. in my opinion.

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

yep, I think our coaches are ready to go to battle with the players we have now, with maybe some minor additions down the road.

It kinda' plays into the theory that most of our problem last year was incompetent coaching. If Kubiak can take a lot of the same players and have success, it'll definitely prove that theory correct.

9. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Somewhere before the season I have a feeling we will pick up at least 1 more good addition to our offense.