Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

There's a New Sheriff in Town

Jagsbch

Waterboy
Jaguars #1 in the South~!!

Jags have just put the toughest part of their schedule behind them. :BananaWav

I am actually starting to enjoy this budding rivalry. I took the time to peak ahead at you all's and Indys schedule and it looks like you all have a great shot of over coming them for the wild card spot.

Indy is in real bad shape schedule wise. Indy could easily go .500 with the rest of the seasons schedule IMO.

The Sea Of Red @ Arrowhead against a team that is on fire.
Minnesota
Houston
Gravey for two weeks then
Houston
@Ravens
Chargers
@ Mile High in December with the Broncos #1 Defense

Thats 6 QB's that are right up their with Manning, but with teams who have much better defenses.

I think that Houston has a shot @ overtaking Indy for a wild card slot.

The rest of their schedule like Indy's is much tougher than ours, but easier than Indy's.

Jacksonville
Denver
@Indianapolis
Green Bay
Tennessee
@N.Y. Jets
Indianapolis
@Chicago
@Jacksonville
Cleveland

We definitely have the toughest division in the NFL right now. But remember, most teams are a player or two away from getting hurt and going from contender to pretender.

Good to see you around Jagsbch.

Jags - Texans is going to be a great rivalry over the next few years. We are both young teams on the rise.

wont be long it'll be tennesse and Indy looking up at us from the bottom !!! they'll be fighting for 3rd and 4th and we'll be fighting for 1st and 2nd ! Good times man Good times

I have to tell you guys something. So I went to the Jack Del Rio show tonight, any who, you guys won't believe what Jack was wearing over his suit. Yep you guessed it A Sheriff's badge.~!! We both got a kick out of it after I told him I started this thread. The insignia on the badge was Bush/Cheney :thumbup

I asked him a couple of questions actually...

I asked him if you would consider moving Rashean Mathis to WR to spread the field with his blazing speed; he stepped back and shook his head no.
The other question I asked was if he thought that the Texans could take out Indy for a wild card slot, and he amazed me by saying that all three teams have a probable shot at the playoffs. I knew this division was awesome, but this takes the cake. I must say Jack blew me away with that reply. AFC south Rocks~!! :headbang:

Double Barrel said:
We definitely have the toughest division in the NFL right now. But remember, most teams are a player or two away from getting hurt and going from contender to pretender.

Hey pal Jags just lost 5 DE's, and a tackle, no way you put them in the pretender catagory.

Regarding depth Jags DE, DT, and OT are are in the red right now depth wise, other than that we look to be fine depth wise. So whats positions are in the red for the Texans depth wise?

Dante's inferno- Right now we're the deputy! And the deputy is gonna force an injured sheriff into early retirement. God do I love me a good rivalry.

Good luck. See yall in december. Hopefully the division crown will be on the line. :headbang:

We'll definitely be the cream of the crop of this division for the next 2-3 years. Peton's paycheck will sap a lot of life out of them, and they're definitely going to try to keep all their offensive weapons. That means the Indy defense will pretty much always suck as long as they got the quartet of Manning, James, Harrison, and Wayne. As for Tennessee, they're definitely in a transition phase as well.

Here's to a great division rivalry! :thumbup

Good thing there's a new sheriff in town. We need help with traffic control outside Reliant on Sunday mornings.

ColdSteelBlue said:
The sheriff just got shot
I wanted to say that. (Sigh)

Other than their thug DTs, I'm not that impressed with the Jags. Their defense is so slow. Mike Peterson is the only guy they have that can run. They were never really in this game, despite the mistakes the Texans were making. Both teams looked like what they'll probably end up as... 8-8 teams.

If the Texans make the mistakes in Denver & Indy that they made today, they'll return as a 4-5 team with almost zero playoff possibilities. I say almost because of what I saw the Astros do this year. I'm still waiting for the Texan offense, defense, and special teams to play well in the same game. They'll need to if they want to be contenders rather than pretenders in this division. This is still Indy's division to lose.

Back