The Vikes by the numbers.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TEXANRED, Oct 27, 2008.

1. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Overall, The Texans have the 4th ranked O vs the Vikes 8th ranked D.

The Texans will pit there 5th ranked pass attack against Minnesota's 20th ranked pass D. But we will bring our 11th ranked ground game against the 2nd rank run D.

This could be a long day for our offense if we are unable to get anything going on the ground. But then again we are a pass first team anyway.

The Vikes will bring in there 12th ranked O and play against our 15th ranked D.

The Vikes are 17th in passing offense while the Texans are 16th defending it. The Vikes have the 8th ranked rushing offense and the Texans are 21st against it.

Another long day of watching the other guys offense hold onto the ball and stuff it down our throats. Our D needs to come in with a swagger for this game.

Probably the most important stat, scoring. The Texans are 10th in scoring going against Minn 18th ranked scoring D. There O is 18th in scoring while our D is 24th.

This is going to be a close game. We are coming off a three game win streak and they just had a bye and its a home game for them.

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Keys to this:

1. Can we stop Adrian Petereson? While not looking superhuman (as he did last year), he has still been pretty consistently awesome this season. If we can stop him, I think we've got a great chance to win this game. I honestly don't think we can stop him, though. I think our run D is rated as good as it is simply because we've been forcing other teams to throw the ball (at least 3 games we've had double digit leads).

2. Will we get beat deep? Since moving Ferrotte into the starting role, Berrian has had a resurgence in Minnesota. He is a speedy guy who makes big plays. Can we contain him?

3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

If I didn't know where this game would be played, I'd say the home team wins it by 3.

Since I do, I won't say it. :cool:

4. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

It's not about the numbers. It's about the moves.

[​IMG]

5. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

OH NO!!!!!!!!!! Not this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. HardcoreTexan

HardcoreTexan Veteran

Haha the new ipod commercial was on when I saw this guy and it looked like he was dancing to the beat....:splits:

7. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

ITS ALL ABOUT BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ SUPERMARIO STYLE WE MUST KILL THIS QB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:kingkong::kingkong::kingkong:

8. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

We need to make sure Antwan Winfield doesn't have a monster game. We also need to make plays on special teams. They've blocked some kicks this year. Speaking of blocking kicks, isn't about time we block a punt or something. It hasn't been since Ramon Walker blocked a punt and kick vs. New England that we did something like that.