Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

the up from SD

I know he's not going to be stellar every week but what im wondering is if this guy can put up good #s as a #2 like Turner does in SD.

So if he comes back next year with Green and Taylor can they get 100+ a game on the ground?

Echemandu looked good to me, forget the numbers, he showed good vision and good burst. I remember when DD showed up, nobody expected anything out of the guy, but every time he touched the ball he made the most of his opportunities. Maybe Echemandu will continue to do the same, not likely, but considering how dismal our run game is I'll keep an eye out for him just the same. Kubiak said he reminded him of Reuben Droughns, but he looked a little lighter and quicker than Droughns to me.

Another positive is I really felt like we weren't getting dominated in the trenches like we had been the past couple games. We weren't really dominating that battle either, but it was pretty even against a team that is uber talented on their offensive and defensive fronts. I saw Winston man up on Merriman a couple times and hold his own, pretty impressive. Take away the turn overs that made this thing a blow out early and caused us to get out of our gameplan and I think we would've at least made a game of it. Bottom line is our skill position players blew the game for us, while our big uglies held their own, which is the complete opposite of what normally happens it seems.

Those are Reggie Bushesque numbers, he's definitely a future HOFamer !

Reggie Bush would love to have that sort of ypc.

Even if you subtract the long of 20yrds, 42 from 9 is still serviceable in the NFL or awesome around here.

With Taylor coming back we might have two live bodies to play with, hopefully Darius Walker can get some PT this year too, the same way Taylor did last year.

Back