The thing that hacks me off the most about this game...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by cdollaz, Nov 8, 2009.

1. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

Is Schaub not running a play before the 2-minute warning after Moats fumbled, giving the Colts time to review the play. WAKE UP, IDIOTS!!!!!

2. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

That definitely was a game changer.
    But so was giving up that last TD drive.
    And over 100 yards in penalties.

Cut the penalties in half and we win this game.

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Umm......I still don't get why people are upset with Schaub about that. That's on the guy in the booth..........how the **** is Schaub supposed to know Moats fumbled the ball? He wasn't anywhere near the play. If nobody calls down from the booth and tells him to hurry up to the line and snap the ball how is he supposed to know?

4. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

total team effort Loss except for maybe a few on the D

WHen we were getting Blazed up inthe first why we didnt tweek the D goes all on Bush 1000%

5. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

That's exactly right. Someone should have been SCREAMING in Schaub's ear, "RUN A PLAY! RUN A PLAY!"

6. 50boys

50boys Rookie

exactly, That's the booth's fault. plain and simple.

7. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I thought the same thing, I was screaming at the TV. Run a play, run a play.

8. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

Instinct. Or not taking a chance. He may not have known for sure it was fumble, but it was a possibility. I pretty much guarantee Peyton Manning would have run a play, with or without permission from the sideline.

9. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Bingo! Exactly.

10. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

My pick would the Refs calling the unnecessary roughness call at the 1:50 left in the first half. Wilson nails Dallas Clark when the ball hits him in both hands and it is an incomplete pass, on a 3rd Down. Without the hit he catch's the ball. With the hit it is an incomplete. But the Refs give the Colts more time with a BS call.

That was a clean hit. THIS IS FOOTBALL. Let the players PLAY.

Texans Coaching Staff needs to learn how to come prepared to play 4 QTR's of football an stop this Tale of Two Half's stuff. Then we don't have to talk about the other Game changing plays.

11. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

Exactly!

This criticism is really, really stupid imo. Think about it from Schaub's perspective, not having the benefit of a slow-motion replay just moments before the team huddled up. HE. HAD. NO. IDEA. Even the announcers didn't, at least not until that last replay was run right before they went to commercial.

If you're gonna get pissed off about that turn of events, get pissed at Moats for fumbling. The game was getting away from the Texans, and that was the offense's best drive up to that point in the game. Caution was understandable because it was extremely important to come away with six. Yes, if Schaub thought there was any chance of a turnover resulting from not snapping the ball, he would've hurried up and taken a snap. However, given what he knew and when he knew it, I refuse to slam him for being careful.

12. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

What hacks me off the most is that the 1st half was sooooooooo bad. Who knows what would be the outcome if things had been different.:gun:

What hacks me off too, maybe even more is, living in Austin, you know that the ***guzzling VY crowd will be all over the Texans if Radio and the Possum Squallor Hootinanies from Bumblescum Mountain get a W today.:gun::gun::gun::gun

13. threeputtsam

threeputtsam Rookie

When Moats fumbled, there was around 15 seconds left to the 2 minute warning. I was screaming at the TV set for the Texans to run another play. Instead, they let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning and gave Indy time to look at the replay. I saw it at home; wht didn't anyone on the Texans see it? That is unforgivable and someone should be fired. We had time to run a play thus voiding any replay thoughts. Once again stupid football, stupid football, stupid football

14. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

It was plain as daylight, no idea why we are so stubborn in those situations. I would love to get a straight answer on who exactly is responsible for looking at that stuff during the game because whoever it is has been religiously sucking at his job since Kubiak got here. Too bad we will never know.

15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

There's been several times this season where a questionable call went our way and we took forever to run a play. Kubes just needs to prepare the "kids" up in the booth to do their friggin' jobs.

16. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

ya i was thinking the same thing but i guess they figured that it was not challengable cause the whistle blew and it was never called a fumble in the first place...

17. PHAROAH

PHAROAH All Pro

Hey Brethren lets forget this game and get ready for next game and lets win because that's all that matters, we get the colts in H-Town in 3 weeks and we fix all the B.S. that took place today. This game hurt me to the core but I will say this we are playing at another level guys where we are playing with the best of the best to the wire that is much better than getting toasted like in the past.

18. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

I have no idea why people are flaming Schaub or Kubiak on this play. At first glance, no one thought it was a fumble... it wasn't until we at home had the luxury of instant replay to notice it.

There's really only two people you can blame. Most blame goes to Moats. First of all, he's the one that fumbled. Second, he should've said something in the huddle... like "I may have fumbled that one, hurry up the snap!"

The only other people you can blame are the guys in the booth that have the luxury of looking at replays. My guess is, though, from their view in the booth, it didn't look like a play they should hurry up & review.

19. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

what hacks me the most is the O no call no showing in the first half, repeat of the zona game

20. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

LMAO.....I've heard it all now.

Poor Schaub, his psychic ablilities were lacking today. :rolleyes:

Again.... It's the same thing that's been killing this team time and time again. Whoever is our "replay guy" is KILLING THIS TEAM. People even bag on Kubiak about that, but even Kubiak doesn't have a screen to look at.

Whoever's responsibility it is to tell Kubes when to throw a flag or to relay when we need to hurry up and snap a ball in these cases is failing at their job. Seriously I would love to know who's job that is, because EVERY TEAM in the NFL has a guy who's sole responsibility is to take care of that....our guy needs to be fired.

For you to say "Peyton would've done it, because he has "instincts"...that's just dumb. Even Peyton needs someone to tell him when a guy fumbled the ball across the field. :rolleyes:

If you noticed the play, it happened on the sideline, on the complete other side of Schaub.......even if he was looking at the play he can't see the ball come out.

So again, if you want to blame someone for that play.....blame the guy in the booth (you know the guy who saw the replay) or blame Moats for not running up to Schaub and telling him he might've fumbled the ball. You can't blame a guy who has no idea that a ball was put on the ground just because "he's the QB".

This is the classic definition of "too much credit and too much blame". Schaub screwed the pooch while if it was Peyton he would have psychic powers and nobody would have to tell him anything about a fumble........he would just "know it happened" LMAO..

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
    False Start likes this.