The Texans Turf & Texan player comments

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansBull, Dec 4, 2011.

1. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

I heard the turf being called into question today. I saw the ground coming out from underneath players feet all day long. Was it Cody who said the turf was "squirrelly" today? Dreessen says he is going to start wearing longer studs in his cleats - per 610. Cushing had something happen to his knee(maybe not field related but I will still use it), and then Hartman goes down (maybe not field related but I will still use it).

Maybe its cause Andre went down again today on our own field for the second time that I am getting pissed, but sum of a beach this is getting old!

And from now own I dont care if its the rodeo, a high school foot ball championship, the final four, college world series, dont mess with the turf in the reliant two days before the game. The stadium was built for the Texans, make sure its in the best shape for them. When Belicheat talked about it, we all know we could see the the patch work on the field, but we let it slide because we won.

From now on, if you want the rodeo, a high school foot ball championship, the final four, college world series to be played on the big stage or stadium, get the Cougs a new stadium and play it there. Or dont do it during football season. Or pay for the dome to get remodeled. But no more tearing up the Texans field two days before they play at home!

:rant:

2. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

3. ziggy29

ziggy29 Hall of Fame

And when AJ went down the first time, the announcers kept making a big to-do about this being the same turf that shredded Wes Welker's knee as well.

4. TheDream34

TheDream34 Veteran

I remember a couple of years ago bill belichick complained about the field. I thought he was just whining, but after seeing so many players go down on our field, I'm starting to wonder just how bad is our field.

5. ziggy29

ziggy29 Hall of Fame

The main thing that makes you wonder is... these guys are all going down without contact. They try to kick it into high gear, they make a cut, they pull a hammy or shred a knee.

It's one thing to get injured because a bunch of big, strong guys are twisting your body into directions and positions that, well, nature didn't intend. It's another for this many to go down just for running down the field.

6. False Start

False Start On # 69

They were saying on the radio, that some of the squares are softer than others, and some are just straight up hard a hell. It would be like playing on different fields, and its hard to adjust to, no consistency.

7. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

You'd think the Texans would replace the turf after the high school games that had just been played there. They have two turfs they can use, unless the other one had already been chewed up also from football games.

8. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

For God's sakes. :wild:

9. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

This was a Chronicle article run after Welker's injury.

Anyone, that's ever been on Reliant's field, especially AFTER a game, you will have appreciated what Belichick was referring to.

10. The Cush

The Cush All Pro

How do you justify letting a bunch of high schoolers tear up your field the night before men who are worth millions of dollars have to play on there the next morning

11. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Longest link ever.

12. CloakNNNdagger

Sorry, screwed up on the initial post......but corrected it up above. [You were too quick for me!]

13. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

Then the grounds keeper should be fired and McNair should re-write who gets to used the stadium when. If I spent almost a billion dollars on this team, just to see the players I am paying millions of dollars go down on the best season ever, potentially superbowl good, I would be chewing the mayors ass, city council, reliant, and anyone else I could find.

:strangle:

Why can't they use the Dynamo field? That would make more sense. I guarantee that highschool game can't fill up that stadium. They have a better chance at that dynamo field.

:wild:

TexanSam likes this.
  14. burro

burro almost sentient

Almost makes me wish we still had Astroturf. It hurt like hell to play on, but no one was going to get tripped up on it and pull a hamstring or sprain an ankle.

15. CloakNNNdagger

You are kidding, aren't you?!

16. CloakNNNdagger

Same problem the Dolphins deal with.

17. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Right. Astroturf didn't just hurt like hell. It ruined careers.

18. burro

burro almost sentient

Of course. The key word was "almost". Trust me, I've played on Astroturf and it sucks hard core; may as well be playing on cement.

19. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

High Schoolers or College kids. Only allow the Stadium to be used on weeks the Texans aren't in Houston.

20. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

I think they just replace some of the squares. That could lead to some of the problems.