The Texans are doing a great job in making me hate this team

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansFight, Jan 27, 2006.

1. TexansFight

TexansFight All Pro

Let me lay down my credentials. I grew up in Houston and grew up being a diehard Houston sports fan. I lived and breathed Oilers football and whenever they lost I was down until Wednesday. Even now that I live in New York I follow all the Houston sports teams via the internet and listen to Houston sports talk over the internet and I make it home often to attend at least 3 Texans games a year.

I have been around these message boards for a while. In fact I was on the LA Times message board starting around 1999 discussing the expansion process and one of the Houston posters even went to the Chicago for the owner's meeting. I was ecstatic when we were awarded another team and loved the logo (not really the name) and was excited about everything about our new team. I own field box PSLs with my family and have spent a lot of money on this team. I thought with McNair we would have a golden age of football in Houston and that we finally had the owner we always deserved.

Well things haven't worked out so well. We had one of the most incompetent coaching staffs in NFL history over the past 4 years. These guys should have been gone a long time ago. McNair has let Casserly and his Reign of Error destroy the expansion bounty of draft picks and free agents which should have laid a foundation for success for this team. He has not addressed the offensive line since the beginning and he has made egregious errors that all of us know about. I have hated his drafts since the beginning. I was fine with Carr at the time but the rest of his picks even in that first draft were average to terrible. That Casserly still has a job is ridiculous.

Basically, I love Houston and am a Houston homer all the way around. However, if the Texans pass on VY and pick Bush instead that will be the final nail in the coffin for me as a fan of this team. I have great amount of anger towards this team. I feel that McNair sticks with losers like Carr and Capers way too long and is not proactive enough. The albatross, Casserly, is not going to admit to his mistake with Carr. We have witnessed boring football and a try not to make the score not like bad while not trying to win attitude that drove me crazy.

If the Texans want to be the Texags and associate with the losing tradition of aggy football that is fine by me. But they won't have me as a fan and I will root against them with great vigor. I am not alone in this regard. Checkout hornfans.com and see what other Houston UT fans have to say about this. A team that will pass on VY who would recapture the excitement we all felt when we beat the Cowboys in the first game multiplied by ten and would rather keep Carr is no team of mine. This is such a no brainer yet these guys will screw it up. I am so angry and disheartened by this team. Y'all can have Kubiag and the rest of these losers while I won't have team anymore like when the Oilers left. I will root for whatever team VY is on and hope that he will kill the Texans.

Haams likes this.
  2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Didn't the price of gasoline just shoot up? Get ready for some flames....

3. BradK10

BradK10 Hall of Fame

there's the door...and i hope it hits you square in the rear on the way out

go check out other team's forums...people here are the only ones enamored with Vince

4. Xman

Xman Veteran

Good Riddance

5. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Sounds like a personal problem.

6. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Aren't you the lawyer that talks about sueing them all of the time, or do I have you confused with another fair weather fan?

7. SteelBlueToro

SteelBlueToro Veteran

There are 31 other teams that need fans. Take off!

8. SBTexans08

SBTexans08 All Pro

You don't seem like a real Texans fan to me. See ya!

9. donbmt

donbmt Veteran

Your last paragrah gives you away, go crawl back in the burnt orange hole you came from.

10. Long Baller

Long Baller Rookie

LATER

I went to UT, own PSL's and think VY is assume as well, but whatever management decides I am behind them. It would be a great story and I am sure he would be exciting to watch, but I personnally think QB is not our possition of greatest need.

Enjoy your new team: at least until they make a move you do not approve of...

11. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Another ode to Vince Young played on a rusty trombone.

12. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

You are doing a great job in making me hate you.

Bye.:loser

13. sportsguyla

sportsguyla Rookie

You arent a real fan.

14. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

your history with the Houston franchise is no more extensive or strenuous than thousands of other Houston fans. I imagine there are a good deal more people on this board who have an even greater history of Houston "fandom" than you.. and they make no threats of "quitting on the team" because a player they like may not be drafted.

This is a team sport, and if you arent capable of being a fan of the TEAM..then I recommend following a sport that is less cumbersome to your hero worship... like Tennis, Golf, Boxing, or Nascar.

In football.. a teams success depends on alot more than one player.. no matter what position he plays. Our staff will make the choice that is best for this team.. and if you cant accept that, then leave. You wont be missed.

15. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

Later, man...

See you on the bandwagon in a couple years...

16. Chance_C

Chance_C Site Contributor

I hope that was your last post

17. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

You fail to realize McNair was a rookie Owner 4 years ago,and probably listened to alot of "Football savy experts".I think he learned his lesson and probably has a little more game sense than he did in 2002.So good luck with your VY.I am starting to wonder how Pro Football existed all these years without Vince.:stirpot:

18. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I could get verbose, but I won't, because I would be wasting my time. Though I actually read your entire post against my better judgment, hoping to salvage one piece of useful information or sentiment that I had perhaps missed out on, alas I did not find it. Deuces to you and the horse you rode in on. I won't lose any sleep tonight.

19. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

You love VY because he is a good player that went to UT. You hate Kubiak because he went to A&M. Weak. Is there a point to this post other than as flamebait? :locked:

20. Long Baller

Long Baller Rookie

I don't think anyone has ever debated that VY isn't good/great, but this is a football decision not a decision about who you want to see.

Let's pick VY, trade our 2nd and 3rd and move back into the 1st and pick Huff then we can come back with our other 3rd and pick Thomas. Happy now???