The Sporting News' Take On The Texans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by texasguy346, Aug 23, 2004.

1. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I wasn't able to recall if anyone had or not. It was written July 30th, and it quite possibly was already mentioned. Either way here's The Sporting News' take on the Texans.

Yahoo Sports

2. BornOrange

BornOrange All Pro

So that is what the Chronicle's beat writer was doing this summer.....

3. BigDTexansFan

BigDTexansFan All Pro

Greg Roman, who coached tight ends the first two years, is the new quarterbacks coach, a role previously handled by Palmer.

I remember in 1st game, the ESPN guys says at some point in time Texans would need a QB coach to help Carr improve on a daily basis...am glad to see Capers making the move

4. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Carr has always had a QB coach really. Chris Palmer was just doing double duty. This year he is more free to work on things outside Carr's development. I think Palmer has done a great job with Carr.

5. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

From the limited action Ive seen Carr in thus far, I've been pleased with. Slightly off topic, there was a play in the Pitt. game where David rolled out to his left and fired a bullseye to Gaffney on the sideline. Those are tough, tough throws to get velocity and accuracy on when you're running away from your strong side, and he nailed it. We all know he's got superior physical abilities to most QB's in the league, I just want to see David step it up in crunch time this season.

6. Mistril48

Mistril48 All Pro

If I'm thinking of the same play as you are, I believe it was Armstrong who caught the pass and fell out of bounds.