Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Return of O.D.

Owen Daniels.

MAN.

Playing like the O.O.D. (Old Owen Daniels). Had another handful of receptions today, first down machine and breaks one loose for another TD. Its reeeeeally hard to stop this offense when he's making plays over the middle. Idk if it's him being healthy, he and Schaub getting it together or what but it's nice to see him resume that #2-target-behind-AJ role. Texans passing game has been taking it up a notch this year and he's a big reason why. Just making sure he gets his props.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
Heard an announcer say that Schaub stated something like, "The offense actually revolves around Owen Daniels." That's quite a statement.

TexansFanatic

Extremist
I gotta admit --- I was surprised the Texans gave him a nice new contract in early 2011 after his ACL injury in November of 2009.

I'm sure glad they did.

He's back to his old self. Dude's a playmaker.

Scooter

Funky
it was only 3 years ago (i think) that owen was running away as best TE in the league (yards, receptions, touchdowns) before injury. recovery and schaub getting hurt slowed down that comeback, but it certainly appears he's ready to rejoin the conversation.

the touchdown however is the best run after catch i've ever seen from daniels. he usually appears so clumsy and quick to go down after a reception, but that time he kept his feet and even put a nifty move on someone.

GP

Go Texans!
Heard an announcer say that Schaub stated something like, "The offense actually revolves around Owen Daniels." That's quite a statement.
I don't normally like to toot my own horn here...but I'm gonna'

I have ALWAYS said, and I quote, "This offense is better when Owen Daniels is targeted EARLY and OFTEN. Once he gets it going, it opens up everything else for the rest of our offense." I've been saying that for the past four years now.

Forget the running game. Forget Andre Johnson. For a moment, just stop and understand that when your TE--in this case it's Owen Daniels--when he gets targeted for those early big gains, defenses FREAK OUT.

Now what does a LB do? Does he stick with the TE, and if he does can he really stay with him? If he keys on OD, then that's a LB who is out of the picture to help stop our RB, or another WR who might be in that same area as OD.

This also stretches the field for our WRs, such as Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter. James Casey too.

Owen Daniels? Yeah, this offense has always played much better when Schaub and Owen Daniels make an early & often connection. He's the hub and the spokes of the wheel are Foster, Tate, AJ, Walter, Casey, Martin, etc.

He seems to have regained the 07/08 OD form. 09 was when he was headed into stardom and got cutoff mid stride.

Even last year, playing with good health his numbers weren't quite up to OD's par. His receptions and yards were noticeably short. This is probably the result of many things, his returning to health, Yates starting nearly half the season, Arian exploding and so on but http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/9684/owen-daniels take a look for yourself. He's at least on pace to match his stellar 07/08 seasons and if Schaub can stay healthy, if the big man can stay healthy, he just might have the season that was stolen from him in 09.

I hope more than 4 other people can praise his efforts this year. He deserves it.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
OD, AJ, Schaub, Foster + more.

We got some very good talent on our offense. Let's hope our offensive line can live up to the talent around them.