The refs screwed us in Indy!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Air Canada, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

Despite some of our own mistakes, the Colts made mistakes too and we should've still won the game.

I know all the penalties, but that's not what I'm referring to. Everyone go look at that play with the fumble by Moats! Watch it in fast motion, slo-mo, whatever...

That clearly should be Houston's ball at the 2yd line. What pisses me off about this the most is that it was challenged and for something to be reversed there has to be indisputable evidence yet the refs still #@$%^& it up...:bat:

[​IMG]

Bethea is laying out of bounds and touches the ball! It is a loose ball. So if somebody is out of bounds and touching the ball, it is considered OUT OF BOUNDS. The play is over and it's Houston's ball!

:wild:

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Show me an angle that shows the defender clearly out of bounds - that picture I cant really tell

3. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

if you cant tell then it should still be our ball.

4. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

He's out...I watched it on my DVR too...I found that I don't know if there is another pic of the opposite view.

That play frustrates me just seeing the highlights on tv with all the analysts calling it a fumble and not even noticing it either, well cuz they don't exactly watch the games. Too little, to late... They need to show this on NFL Networks Official Review and they better actually notice it and not favor the refs like they tend to.

5. qman_tx

qman_tx Veteran

He is out! I know this was the big hurt of the game, but there was numerous mistakes on our part to lose this game.

6. Spled

Spled All Pro

It looked like a fumble to me when I watched it live, but I can't say for sure. Kubiak was foolish to call a time out.

7. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

he did'nt call a time out. it was the two min warning.

8. Spled

Spled All Pro

Thanks, my mistake.

9. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

The zebras were the foolish ones! AHHHHH!!!!:scarygirl:

10. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

It was a fumble. The fumble appears to be touching Bethea while he is out of bounds, which makes it a dead ball.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

It looked like a fumble to me as well , the ball was coming loose before he got spun around ... Just a bad bounce , seems the Texans have a lot of those.
    three fumbles within the 5 yard line this season have cost them 3 wins.

I think they beat Indy next time they meet.

12. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

Correct, which also makes it our ball at the 2yd line. Well at least it should've been....:bat:

13. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

He still fumbled the ball on the 2 yard line! It sucks that the review didn't go our way, and it sucks that we didn't get a play off to avoid a review, but that doesn't change the fact that he fumbled. Too many mistakes to blame the refs. We didn't get a first down until about half way through the 2nd quarter, and we spotted them a 13-0 lead. We battled back through all that adversity, and we had a chance to win the game. Our O'line missed a crucial block which cost us that pick, and obviously the missed FG was the icing on the cake. I really don't think we have anyone to blame but ourselves. We once again only played one good half of football. We need our young players and coaches to learn from this, and carry on and play some great football down the stretch. It appears that we now have a play-off caliber defense, we just need our O to show up right from the start of the game. Play-offs are still well within our reach.

14. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Fixed link
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  15. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

It looked like a fumble to me however it doesn't really matter. Moats should have secured the ball period.

They need to get ready for the Titans and all the VY cult followers now who will be coming into the MNF with a 3 game winning streak I am sure.

16. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

I completely disagree....

-Did we not score 17 unanswered points and comeback in this game? I think we did
    -Could we have played better? Hell yeah.
    -Did we make costly mistakes? Of course.

Now did the Colts make costly mistakes? Hell yes.
    Did the Colts get far more breaks or no calls from the refs than the Texans? Obviously...

Just rewatch the game....

“I just know a lot of guys were getting warned on one side and there were penalties on the other,” Texans right tackle Eric Winston said. “You can’t be in the neutral zone first of all. I just keep hearing, '98 [Robert Mathis] scoot back, 98 scoot back.' I guess if you’re doing the penalties you’re going to get called.”

Now... if an official makes a crucial mistake that affects the outcome of the game that is not okay, it's unacceptable.

I just hope in Houston we get those breaks...

17. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

18. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Not to derail the thread however when did all you Canadians get here? Jump into our hockey board every once in a while. I am a huge NHL fan.

Back on topic, what exactly is the rule on this? The description they gave was something about the defender being out of bounds or touching the endzone resulting in a touchback.

19. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

I agree that the reffing was garbage, I just feel that despite all that, we still had a chance to win the game but we didn't get it done. Moats still fumbled that ball!

20. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

What is the hockey board site?