The Patriots.... Can they handle the Colts and Bears?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by TexansLucky13, Oct 30, 2006.

?

Who will the Patriots beat in November?

Poll closed Nov 14, 2006.
  1. Both the Bears and the Colts

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. The Bears

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. The Colts

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  4. Neither

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

The Patriots have to face the two undefeated teams, the Bears and the Colts. Will the Brady Bunch be the ones to end the winning streaks of the NFLs two hottest teams?

I for one think they will beat both teams. IMHO, they will manhandle Peyton next week at Foxboro. The Colts have barely won many of their games this year and they are ready to get taken down by the Patriots who have just activated. I think they can deal with the Bears, as well.... but that game will be much harder for the bunch.

I foresee the Patriots finishing 14-2 and getting at least to the Championship game. Tom Brady had a career night and you can tell that his entire receiving crew is perfectly adapted to the offense. Ben Watson had an excellent game and the Patriots Defense looked as strong as ever, giving up only one TD on a return.

What do you think?

2. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I think the Patriots stand a chance...but will lose to both teams.

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

The Pats will win easy over the Colts. The Pats are a better team and more balanced. Maroney and Dillon will run wild on the Colts. The Colts defense really isn't that great and the Colts also struggle against the 3-4. I think the Pats will beat them by two touchdowns and will be ready to play after the beat down Manning served them last year.

The Bears game is another story, but the Pats have the best chance of any team in the NFL, again, because the are so well balanced and have a great QB.

4. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

tom brady will tear both defenses apart.

5. real

real Guest

I always root for Brady...I think he's one of those rare QB's that can succeed in any situation...

6. TexansLucky13

Wow, you just said something I agree with, truroyalty! This is a strange day indeed!

:rolleyes:

7. real

real Guest

Really ? You don't think he's dreamy ?:love:

8. TexansLucky13

He ain't no David Carr!

9. real

real Guest

Ain't that the truth....

10. TexansLucky13

Anyways.... The Patriots (specifically Brady) usually match up really well against Indy. Not to mention the fact that they just play better in general due to the fact the horseshoes are the enemy of all that is good and innocent on this planet.

P.S. - Manning has a rating of like 78 against the Patriots D

11. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

the patriots' defense isn't what it used to be, and it seems manning is dealing with pocket pressure a lot better this year. it'll be a shootout.

the pats are going to run it right at booger macfarland. they're going to throw the deep digs. they're going to put up 30 points.

12. TexansLucky13

As far as the Pats Defense goes.... I think that it is definitely up to debate. They haven't allowed more than 17 points in a game thus far and they are constantly taking the ball away.

I would kill to have Mike Vrabel, Tedy Bruschi, Junior Seau and Rosevelt Colvin at LB for the Texans. The Patriots have to have the most formidable linebacker squad in the AFC, in not the entire league.

Speaking of the Patriots running game..... Maroney is a STUD. The kid just doesn't go down!!! He takes hit after hit and he breaks tackles like they are nothing! I questioned the Patriots passing up DeAngelo Williams for Maroney, but it looks like Belichick was just playing his genius once again.

Manning will have trouble against this team. Belichick will try to break Peyton early, and it will work.

13. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

I think they will beat the Bears but not the Colts

Think Peyton got that monkey off his back last year, plus I think the Bears offense can be held in check by the Pats defense.

14. real

real Guest

:ohsnap: ........

You're gonna tease us like that???

15. TexansLucky13

We find that many of the people who are labeled as "heroes" in society are often quite slimy underneath. Word on the street is the George Washington had some pretty disturbing hobbies.... not to mention Thomas Jefferson. In the end we are all human and it is both the fault of the portrayed "hero" and of society that these activities live without consequence.

Anyways.... Tom Brady is still my hero! :cool:

16. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

The Pats are the one constant in the NFL. For many, many years they have
    remainedvery good, and the very best several times in recent years.
    Tremendous tribute to the owner Kraft, HC Belicheck, and the whole organzation. In this day of FA and salary caps in the NFL, its amazing that
    they can keep competing at these levels year after year.

17. yourfavoritetexan42

yourfavoritetexan42 Veteran

Man... I love the patriots just because they are a model football team and it is never about the big name.

But to the topic...

This week in Foxboro, Peyton gets handed his first win. The only person smarter in the nfl than peyton manning, is bill belichick. Peyton will win some and lose some, because both of these football gurus will be in a world of their own on sunday. Peyton will do enough to win the game... put up around 20-24 points, but Brady and that offensive squad will tear apart the colts d by putting up a good 1-2 punch with their running game, and brady nickel and dime'n it.

28-24... just because it is in foxboro, the only time the colts will beat the patriots will be at home. Now IF the Colts win this sunday..then I really think it will be Peytons year. This is a true test for Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Now Patriots and the bears... wow that bear defense is scary, and that is what will beat the Patriots. I think the reason why the Patriots were so successful in hte playoffs those 3 years they won, is because they never faced a big dominating defense like that of the steelers last year, the bucs in 02, or a bears or ravens d. A good defense will stop the patriot offense, and then I think the Bears, even though belichick is such a defensive genius, there isn't much scheming to do to a team that just beats you down physically like the running of thomas jones and cedric benson and that big ole bear offensive line.

Bears over the Patriots 13-7.

Two great matchups...and I cannot wait to watch either of these!

18. TexansLucky13

I'm looking at the weather forecast and its due to be a COLD game up there at Foxboro! Gunna be between 31-40 degrees Sunday night! The Patriots will win, no contest.

19. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

the only defense that can stop the patriots is denver and miami. they've figured them out. everyone else is hopeless.

20. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Pats will be 10-1 after this month.