The One And Only......mario

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Jul 18, 2006.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

2. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

3. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Ridiculous bunch of greedsters!

I've decided Bush is a phoney. We made the right choice with Mario...

4. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I was wondering with such a deep draft class. I didn't think anybody would sign that quickly because the draft was deep at alot of positions like TE etc...

We may have made the right decision in getting someone who would sign now. Hopefully everyone else takes their time to sign.

5. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Seth Payne had some great things to say about Mario this morning on SR 610. Can't reconstruct all the details here (check the audio vault) but basically he said he's the real deal...

6. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

:mario: Super Mario :mario:

We are the best team at signing our picks so I'm not suprised. :texflag:

7. wags

wags Hall of Fame

Just curious, but do you remember what was said about TJ last year?

8. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

What was said by whom, and when?

I remember some who said TJ was a classic one-gapper who would have to adjust his style to play in Fangio's system.

I'm sure you can find lots of "real deal" quotes on him too if that's what you're getting at.

I was simply relaying a linemates comments from July 18, 2006.

9. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

The CBA needs to have the salaries of rookies put into writing. They get paid outrageous amounts of money for potential. Millions of guaranteed dollars and they haven't played a down. Reggie Bush wants to get more guaranteed money than LT, Shaun Alexander, and basically any other RB in the league. And he has yet to don a uniform in a pro game. This really is getting out of hand, and someone needs to put a stop to it. Unfortunately, I doubt it willl for some time.

10. TD

TD TT Huckaboo

Maybe Bush knows what his value will be AFTER he faces NFL defenses so he's getting what he can now.:hmmm:

11. CloakNNNdagger

Not a very way out statement........get it while the HYPE is there.......it'll be much more difficult to ask for more later.....from a hospital bed. :hides:

12. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

We gets no love. You would think they would memtion the #1 draft pick.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3296418/

NFL teams open their training camps next week, officially touching off the long road toward the next Super Bowl. And for the first time in many moons, the most interesting stories will center around prized rookies and their colossal upsides moreso than veterans and established teams.

Reggie Bush is now a New Orleans Saint. Will he be the dynamic, game-breaking dervish who bedeviled opponents while at USC? Will new head coach Sean Payton be able to find enough creative ways to get Bush the football? Will Bush be able to take the pounding of bigger, stronger and quicker defenders week after week?

Then there’s Vince Young. He was practically unstoppable while at Texas. But he toiled in a relatively simple offense in college and relied mostly on his superb athletic gifts. Can he be molded into a patient, drop-back passer who can read complicated defenses? Did the Titans do the right thing in bringing in Young as the quarterback of the future and kicking out Steve McNair, who would have been the perfect mentor?

13. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

Because most NFL fans aren't concerned with whether or not Mario Williams will fail. Vince Young is definitely the thing on most NFL fans minds, simply because they want to see if he will fail or not. It's like a reality show.

14. CloakNNNdagger

Technically, Bush is NOT a New Orleans Saint...........until a contract is signed, the RIGHTS to Bush are held by the Saints.

15. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Don't kid yourself, its Reggie Bush people are looking out for, most football fans should know that Vince won't start this year.

16. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I agree with your first statement, Bush is definitely in the forefront of national attention (and always has been), although I think Vince will end up starting this year, likely more than he should.

17. Chance_C

Chance_C Site Contributor

I agree with that

18. Overalls

Overalls Hall of Fame

I agree. Most NFL fans KNOW Mario is the real deal, while it's split on if Vince will be a bust or not. Nice of you to admit that Vince has a high bust factor

19. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I dont know if most NFL fans think Mario is the real deal....I think those that actually know something about Mario know he has probably the biggest chance out of the top 3.

20. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

I used to fall for this "Reggie is a class act" b.s. until recently. He had the opportunity to fall into the lap of a city that desperately needs him to help rebuild itself from its recent catastrophy...and yet he could care less about doing that until they pay him first...

He wants 1st overall QB money...not just good money, he wants to the the highest paid rookie ever (and I'll be willing to bet that if he gets it he'll have the highest rookie contract for a great number of years as well, since every team will be saying "You're no Reggie Bush, we're not going to pay you more than he got paid") The fact is, he's turned out to be greedy and selfish on a team who's city is in desparate need of a stand-up guy to help turns things around. I'll be the first to laugh at him if he turns out to be the greatest bust in the history of sports...