The Official Start Sage Rosenfels Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by rodog, Sep 18, 2006.

1. rodog

rodog Rookie

Well someone had to do it so here it is. And for all you people that say Carr's passing rating is high,

His 2td passes vs. the Colts came in garbage time.:stirpot:

2. real

real Guest

Carr isn't the problem...

3. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

Since Carr's rating is so high I don't think his trade value will get any better. Let's ship him off for a 3rd round pick while we have the chance.

4. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Carr starts. If Sage put up Carr's numbers yesterday everyone would want Sage to continue to start. Your Rosenfels thread does nothing but instigate the Carr apologists and Carr haters while most of us who actually watch the games want the best players out on the field at their position and right now that is Carr at QB.

5. Didn't Sage have good preseason games against 2nd and 3rd stringers? We should have just drafted Vince Young because he can't win the fans of those Young supports, of which many are still bitter.

6. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

*yawn* at this thread. been here done that.

7. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

BUMP

Because it's so darn fresh and interesting.

8. rodog

rodog Rookie

I'm a season ticket holder I've seen the games, hence the thread. Garbage time can make anyone look good.

9. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Garbage time in HS/College is a lot different than garbage time in the NFL. Answer this question, if Sage put up those numbers would you want him starting again or would you hold garbage time against him?

10. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

^^^

11. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Think again.

Have you seen our defense?

12. D-Vizzl

D-Vizzl Veteran

The optimist in me says DC is totally not the prob, and you can't argue with stats and the stats say DC is completing 75% of his passes and has a higher ypa than Manning.

The pessimist in me says that we all watch the games and DC puts up Steve McNair type numbers, very accurate but it's because of the fact that the ball wasn't thrown 15 yards downfield. Which should I lean toward?

Either way Rosenfels isn't in my mind after week 2, I seem to recall that the Texans made a move after week 2 last year, how did that pan out?

13. jdog

jdog All Pro

Carr is our man, but he needs to become THE man.

14. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Gotta love the logic. Despite his obvious onfield deficiencies, Carr has looked much improved and is putting up tremendous stats, albeit a few of them in "garbage time."

Yet, Sage put up a similar preseason stat line, purely against 2nd and 3rd teamers, and hey, it's "let's bring in Sage."

That response is all the dignity I'm going to give the original post. I suspect it will be ignored by said poster, DFTW, Napa, and the usual crew.

I also love how anyone with a gripe prefaces it with "I'm a season ticket holder." As if going to the games in person or paying for a product you don't like (should call into question your judgment in the first place) qualifies your negative opinions versus mine or any of the other 60k season ticket holders, many of whom are also on this board and happen to disagree.

RTP2110 likes this.
  15. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

Being as you're a season ticket holder & all :rolleyes:, I'm sure you've already recognized the error in your original post. It was 3TD passes.

16. rodog

rodog Rookie

Well put.

17. rodog

rodog Rookie

yes but 2 in GARBAGE time nice try

18. Sco-tai

Sco-tai Veteran

The "fans" that are calling for SAGE are the same kind of fans that called for "Cody" and "Bucky". Let's see....Moon is in the HOF...and the others...yeah...you get the point.

Having said that, I am NOT saying Carr will be in the HOF. But I am saying that in my opinion CARR and SAGE have 2 completely different levels of upside. I believe WITH protection and patience in the new system, CARR is a pro-bowl caliber QB. I can NOT say the same for Sage.

Do I get frustrated with Carr's performance. Sure. He looked like a ROOKIE yesterday for the majority of the 1st 3 quarters. But calling for Sage just seems like a stretch and a step in the WRONG direction.

:shades:

19. Scott747

Scott747 Rookie

Ever thought that while it was in "garbage" time, that it might just be an indication on what Carr could do if he ever was given some time?

I think Sage is sitting over thinking that those 2nd and 3rd team "no longer in the league" defenses, sure didn't seem that fast.....

20. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

All 3 were in the 4th quarter. At what point does it become garbage time? With the exception of the last drive, looking at the Play by Play on NFL.com, it was mostly starters making the tackles. Nice try.