The official "Kubiak can't ____ this up unless he tries really hard" thread

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gg no re, Sep 6, 2011.

1. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

2. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

3. 2slik4u

2slik4u All Pro

I dont get the popcorn eating chick.....

....on another note, Im tired of everyone assuming this is a given win. This is the NFL fellas, nothing is given to us. Yes Kerry Collins is old. Yes he cant move in the pocket. Yes he is 0-8 vs. Wade Phillips led defenses BUT this is the colts. There are more players on their team that can cause issues here.

Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, Addai (sometimes) and dont forget our favorite, Dalls Clark.

Guys, I feel extremely confident about winning this game but the title of this thread seems to put the assumption out there that we are guaranteed victory UNLESS Kubiak screws it up or a complete meltdown happens.

Is the possibility of the colts being better than us out there? (Not saying they are at all, just showing the flaw here)

Havent you learned that nothing is guaranteed when you are a Texans fan?

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  4. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

No. If the Texans lose, they will beat themselves. This game is that hanging curve right over the plate that batters pray for.

5. 2slik4u

2slik4u All Pro

Any given Sunday my man....

I know it may sound like Im a colts fan......which I can assure you Im not but acting like the game is already won is effing ridiculous.

Nothing is won. Nothing is lost. Dont look ahead to week 2. The fact of the matter remains that we need to act as if NO game is an automatic win because none of them are.

I truly believe that we can win every game on our schedule but even the best lose and its not always because they gave it away or blew it but rather because they got outplayed.

buddyboy likes this.
  6. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Kubiak can do or not do all he wants, but the players ALSO have to perform.

Nothing should be taken for granted. Beat their asses. Make a statement.

7. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

It sort of implies sitting back and watching what happens. :)

8. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

well yeah that's the whole idea here.

9. HouSportsWriter

HouSportsWriter SIAB

Whats not to get! It is a chick eating popcorn.

10. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

and that's popcorn eating SCARLETT JOHANSSON to you, mister.

[​IMG]

11. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

[​IMG]

2slik4u likes this.
  12. HouSportsWriter

HouSportsWriter SIAB

Watching this makes me hungry...

13. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

If anybody can blow a layup Gary can.

14. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

I just have to act like a fan. I won't lose sleep tossing and turning worrying about how a team will perform during a football game. It is just a game. I can have whatever expectations I feel like having.

It is the team, the players and coaches, that have to worry about preparation for the opponent not me.

In the end, what I say about a game or how I manage my expectations will have nothing, zero, zip ,nada affect on the outcome of it.

I love the game of football on all levels of play. I watch my teams. I cheer them on. But win or lose, it is just a game. That is all it is. My existence, life circumstances or behavior will not be affected by the outcome of it. What is effing ridiculous is people getting worked up over what the media says about their team or worrying that fans are over confident. Puhhhleasse!

There are more important things in life other than the outcome of a game. Win or lose I will still be here and I won't cry over the damn result.

/post

15. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Oh, ye of little faith. I believe in the man. I think he has innate talent. He could **** up a challenge call, goal line play call, or entire second half strategy without even really thinking about it.

16. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I agree that we shouldn't be looking at this game as a gimme, but it's gonna be interesting to see how those receivers look with a mere mortal throwing the ball.
    The biggest thing Kubiak could do to screw it up is to forget the week 1 recipe this year like he did in the second game last year. Feed the ball to the RB's and let them do their thing. Hopefully McNair made Kubiak give his red flags to the DC and OC. :goodluck:

17. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I just keep watching the arm squish...:)

As far as the thread...it could be about the season. Jags cut Gerrard and seem to be a mess. Colts have Manning injuries. Titans dangerous but who knows. Things seem to be aligning. With that said, I still think Kubiak is a soso if not bad coach so you never know what you are going to get in a game but if he has a shot this is set up for success.

The Pencil Neck likes this.
  18. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

The stars are aligning and it looks like the AFC South is gonna be a weak division this year. The only team that got better in the offseason was Houston.

Tennessee is rebuilding and their franchise player just hit the practice field last week. Jacksonville just cut David Garrard in favor of a career backup and rookie QB, they are also rebuilding. Indy may have to deal with life without Peyton for significant time, and when he does get back it's not gonna be like MVP Peyton is gonna immediately appear. Indy isn't rebuilding, they are in the process of imploding.

I want to believe this is the year the Texans finally make the playoffs. The competition is way too screwed up to stop the Texans, who don't have a real Head Coach, but some damn fine coordinators!!!

If Kubiak can find a way NOT to win this NFC West-like division. He will go down in the HOF of Head Coaching duds.

19. Imatexanfan

Imatexanfan Hall of Fame

LOL me too:doot:

20. 2slik4u

2slik4u All Pro

I dig this. How can I make this my avatar?

Rep coming your way.