The Official "I got Carr's back" thread

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by New_Texans, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New_Texans

New_Texans All Pro

To counter the negative one that is also on this so called Texans fans message board.

Carr does not suck.

Heath Shuler likes this.
  2. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

beer

ChrisG likes this.
  3. Dubya

Dubya All Pro

I got Carr's back. Not trying to be a homer or anything, but hey... I think he's a fine quarterback now and with a little more help on the OL he can be better.

4. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Signed. He's demonstrated sufficient improvement to this point.

5. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I support David and always will, unless he starts talking smack like Jeremy Shockey or something.

6. wicked_wayz

wicked_wayz all blacks

count me in, david carr all the way

7. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

Actually my lats are pretty swole up so my back is bigger than carr's lol. Carr is the best!!!!

8. AtheGreat

AtheGreat Veteran

I'm with yall, he's earned my respect by showing a lot of improvment this year. I think once he gets a year of Kubes system under his belt, he'll be even better. It might just be the :homer: in me, but i'm sticking with him.

caddy likes this.

9. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I think it is about time to face facts here people...how much more do you need to see? Sufficient Improvement? In what area of football...not being sacked? Carr is the best?? C'mon...let's step back and realize that getting a new quarterback does not put us back "2-3 more years", that David Carr does not HAVE to be our QB.

10. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

I'm in. Carr is not perfect, but he does well, and can do even better. What happened to the people giving him a year to prove what he has in this new offense?

11. TexansSeminole

I think it has been proven that he cannot consistantly score touchdowns. You play the game to win...to win you must score. If you cannot score touchdowns you do not win.

12. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

I'll support Carr untill he puts on a different Uni, but i wouldnt mind seeing the texans draft a QB late on the first day, and let Kubiak Work with a QB with better mechanics

GO TEXANS:redtowel:

13. Scott D

Scott D Veteran

Carr is not the only problem. He is improving though and within a year or two may amount to something good.

You hit the nail on the head. I hate to say it but the entire ball club stinks! Flat out stinks. Even if one or a small few stink, the entire team stinks. There was some bad decisions made by just about everybody. I would like to say that the defense played pretty good in the first half but really stunk in the second. I'm no football expert, but I know that they failed to show up in the second half.

This team needs some serious rebuilding. There are people out there that shouldn't even be playing in the NFL. The only reason that they are there is that those people are the only one's we got. We have to put somebody out there. This game against the Jets, we looked completely lost out there. The Jets had them believing that they were going to have to punt. And they did.

14. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

I will continue to support him until he has a fair shake. Maybe your right BUT i expect kubiak to have this team where he wants it in about 2 seasons. If carr cannot perform with a DECENT LINE and surrounding cast on O by then i will know its time for change but i am willing to wait it out for a few more years. I have confidence in carr. CARR IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!

15. TexansSeminole

Confidence in Carr? Two words that do not go well together. Even Kubiak does not trust him...we ran our first legit 2 minute drill today. Kubiak is forced to treat Carr like a highschool QB because mentally that is about where he is at this point.

16. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

Scoring td's is not on the qb alone! its a team sport the other guys have to be held accountable for their jobs also it just so happens the QB takes undeserved heat for it alot of times.

17. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Exactly. We have Owen Daniels and Andre Johnson dropping passes. It takes two to get a receiving TD, or a reception at all, for that matter. It is common sense, but some people just don't get it.

18. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

Count me in.

I'll admit that Carr has been frustrating lately. But he's played decently lately and he's moved to a complicated system that generally takes 2-3 years to become proficient in.

He's done nothing to deserve being run out of town yet.

19. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Darn right!

20. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

i think we could do better than carr, but something that cannot be replaced is carr's swagger. i love how he did the jump shot to the NY fans against the giants. that was pretty slick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.