The OD "fumble"

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by OzzO, Nov 18, 2007.

1. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Okay, we were at a winghouse with the sound turned down - so riddle me this.

OD catches the ball, turn to start his run and gets knocked. He falls to the turf and the ball ends up between his arm and side. A Saint comes and gets the ball but then doesn't move too much further (assuming a whistle was blown).

How the heck did the Saints end up with a turnover? I thought Kubiak was gonna bust a vein on the sidelines - I could defintely read his lips.

I think the Bush turnover a the 1 later in the game was a "even steven" call. Nothing in the replay to overturn the call... I'm just saying.

2. BigTimeTexanFan

BigTimeTexanFan All Pro

I'm a little surprised they didn't move the camera off of Kubiak because I could definately see what he was saying.

3. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

I could read his lips, too, and the game wasn't even in HD.

I'm not the biggest proponent of cussing to make a point, but it was awesome to see Gary working the refs over like that.

4. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

That was the biggiest joke I have ever seen on a play in my life as far as replay.

what kind of drugs were the refs doing. I am sorry but that was some BS I have never seen in my entire life. My dog who is blind and has alsymers see's better than that crap.

He should be fined and or suspended. It was more obvious than a paris hitlon dress.

5. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I got the game in HD.

6. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

did enjoy the make-up call of reggie 'fumbling' at the GL though :)

7. HardcoreTexan

HardcoreTexan Veteran

The Ref's were definatly saints fans....but Texans still got the big victory

8. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I don't think the refs were favoring one team over another. I hate when fans make that accusation.

9. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

I was wondering the same thing, i can buy the fumble thing, but how did the Saints get the ball??? OD fell on it so he was down, the ball was down under him....Seems to me it should have been a recovered fumble...I don't remember the Saints even touching the ball, yet they ended up with it...

10. HardcoreTexan

HardcoreTexan Veteran

Some of those calls were just off the wall

11. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

A good officiating crew leaves a game hated by both sides. Which seems to be the case today.

12. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Does anyone here even know that we are different posters on this board?

13. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Some of the Saints fans on the Saints board http://blackandgold.com/forums/ are complaining about the call of the Bush fumble at the one. What goes around comes around coon-asses.

14. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I thought both fumbles were pretty questionable calls but in both cases I think the call on the field was the determining factor. When they review it they have to see something that clearly contradicts the ruling on the field and in neither case did the reply show them a definitive view of what happened.

15. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Sometimes I think in the replay era that if the ball pops out, the refs tend to call it a fumble. Because action can happen after a fumble. They would prefer to call it a fumble and get overturned, than whistle the play dead and screw up what could have happened after the fumble.

But with most fumbles, the whole knee down thing is often inconclusive from the replay.

So the moral of the story is:

Especially in the replay era, hold on to the ball even after you knee hits. Don't give the ref an opportunity to suggest it is a fumble. (Not that I'm beyotching at OD cuz of his busted nose-blood fountain. Very tough performance).

b0ng likes this.
  16. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

make up call my foot. that was all hard work on Mario's part.

17. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

The fumble Mario caused was a bogus call to me. The Saints Olineman and Kalu were rolling around scrapping for the ball with both having their hands on the ball. Yet they give the ball to the Saints even after Cochran comes out of the pile with it.

Crazy, just crazy. Eh, we won and that's all that matters.:texflag:

18. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

I told (Referee) Mike (Carey) that not only do we think his knee might be down, but he’s got the ball. yes.... yes he did.

19. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

This is the only part I don't like about being at the game. I would have loved to know what the announcers were saying, and it is hard to lip read Kubiak from the 500 level.

Once again, in our rush to get out of the house we forgot to DVR it. Not that there is room on our DVR, because of all the crap my husband has taped.

20. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

He fumbled, the ball was coming loose right after he got hit in his nose & just before his right knee hit. It was the right call, it was just one of those bang-bang plays.

The fumble mario caused was the bogus call b/c stinchcomb didn't have posession, if anything Kau had it & Cochran got it from him. The only thing stinchcomb did was fall on Kalu & try to take it from him.