Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The New New JaDeveon Clowney Thread

Happy Birthday, Jadeveon!
How thoughtful of you C&D, to wish one of our favs a HB and on Val-Day !
Just kidding because I know you've always been more of a critic of Clowney than a supporter, but I've been on the opposite end of that spectrum.
Just checked out his wiki page and see that he hit 30 today, and I'm sure he thinks he's getting on and maybe he is for NFL edge rusher.

Clowney has burned bridges with the Brown, who are desperate for D players due to their barrage of injuries. So now, the Raven are trying to take their turn.............. If we see him in week , he will probably have practiced little or none since he doesn't believe in participating in TC...........

Report: Ravens present offer to Jadeveon Clowney
Published August 9, 2023 05:50 PM

Free agent defensive end Jadeveon Clowney visited Baltimore on Tuesday. He left without signing a deal with the Ravens, but Josina Anderson of CBS Sports reports that the Ravens have presented Clowney with a contract.

Anderson adds that Clowney is taking some time “to think it through.”

He has signed four consecutive one-year contracts that averaged almost $10 million a season, but he didn’t sign his one-year, $12.25 million deal with the Titans until Sept. 6, 2020.
He isn’t likely to get anything close to that this season as he has had no interest until now.

Clowney, 30, totaled only 14 sacks and 42 quarterback hits the past four seasons combined, while missing 19 games.

Clowney’s 2022 season ended unceremoniously when he was sent home from practice on the Friday before the season finale and told not to return. It came after he harshly criticized the organization, the coaching staff and teammate Myles Garrett in an explosive interview.

Since the Texans made him the No. 1 overall pick in 2014, Clowney has spent five years in Houston, one in Seattle, one in Tennessee and two in Cleveland. He has $81.8 million in career earnings but has never had a double-digit sack season while averaging five sacks a season.
He made three Pro Bowls with the Texans, the last coming in 2018.

On a positive note….Clowney’s core strength and long reach could pay handsomely with McDonalds or the In-N-Out Burger chains. He’s an imposing individual that could hit his stride in Buc-ee’s management program.

Last edited:
Jadeveon Clowney: I’m physically, mentally ready to play
By Josh Alper

Published August 25, 2023 10:27 AM

Jadeveon Clowney signed with the Ravens last week, but he doesn’t think he needs more time to ramp up to playing condition.

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said that the team will be looking for Clowney to contribute on defense right away and Clowney said on Thursday that he feels great after his first few days with his new team. He added that he feels well enough to play in Saturday’s preseason finale if Harbaugh calls his number.

“I’m not the coach. It’s the preseason,” Clowney said, via the team’s website. “I told the coaching staff, it’s up to you. I’m physically ready. I’m mentally ready. Just let me know ahead of time what you’ve got planned for me and I’ll make sure I’m ready for it. They said they’re going to take my time with me, see how it goes. Once the season gets rolling, you never know. Your role changes very quick when you’re playing. I’m available to do just about anything up front. I think they know that. They’ve put me in a lot of situations already, [even though] I just got here. I’m just trying to win on the back end right now. I’ve got a lot left in me. I’m just going to keep showing it.”

Whatever happens this weekend, the Ravens will have plans in mind for Clowney when the Texans — his first NFL team — come for a visit on September 10.

Clowney now says he has found a team who "loves" him............and he has "been a long time fan of the Ravens.........evidently, Clowney has taken his "Browns nose" with him...............

By Josh Alper

Jadeveon Clowney signed with the Ravens last week, but he doesn’t think he needs more time to ramp up to playing condition.

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said that the team will be looking for Clowney to contribute on defense right away and Clowney said on Thursday that he feels great after his first few days with his new team. He added that he feels well enough to play in Saturday’s preseason finale if Harbaugh calls his number.

“I’m not the coach. It’s the preseason,” Clowney said, via the team’s website. “I told the coaching staff, it’s up to you. I’m physically ready. I’m mentally ready. Just let me know ahead of time what you’ve got planned for me and I’ll make sure I’m ready for it. They said they’re going to take my time with me, see how it goes. Once the season gets rolling, you never know. Your role changes very quick when you’re playing. I’m available to do just about anything up front. I think they know that. They’ve put me in a lot of situations already, [even though] I just got here. I’m just trying to win on the back end right now. I’ve got a lot left in me. I’m just going to keep showing it.”

Whatever happens this weekend, the Ravens will have plans in mind for Clowney when the Texans — his first NFL team — come for a visit on September 10.
Clowney's been stealing money for the last 4 yrs.

By Josh Alper

Well, he'll probably get a chance to prove his statement true......in the CFL, XFL, or USFL. Good luck rebuilding your career, hope all goes well and you wow them.

Back