The Need for Speed | McClain

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Vinny, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3288806

2. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Once again interior pash rushing will be key for us and that means guys like Seth Payne, Gary Walker, and Robaire Smith will have to be big for us. If loosing weight gives us an extra edge to beat teams like the Colts then I'm all for it.

3. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I've been waiting for three years to see the aggressive, pressure defense that Capers was known for in Carolina, Jacksonville, and Pittsburgh. It is really sounding like we're going to start seeing it this year.

By the way, it will be a treat for fans to get to watch such an exciting style defense play... We could be stuck watching a bunch of Cover-2 zones and other passive defenses. This is going to be a very entertaining year!!

4. Str8tupg42k1

Str8tupg42k1 Veteran

I hope we do see more blitzes cuz i love an aggressive d. Last year I would watch the steelers and they would blitz like every time and they were aggressive. Thats how i want our d to be aggressive and just going blitz, blitz, blitz. :drool:

5. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

one thing I can see coming out of this is that a better defense will make a better offense. What I mean is that with a faster, more dominant defensive line, the OL will have better quality to practice against and will be better able to judge their improvement. Wand will have be going up against Peek, which will either make or break Wand. I'm excited.

6. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

On 610 the other day Seth Payne said the starters go against each other in training camp, but after that phase of the season is over and the schedule gets into the regular season they go against the scout team in practice each week in preparation for the Sunday game.

7. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

I knew they were intending to blitz more (I even made a poll about it). But I knew they weren't just bringing in all that speed just to sit up in a man 2 man or zone defense the whole game without bringing any pressure :cool:

8. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

lets dont forget D-Robs pass rushing ability, just ask Manning about it i'm surte he'd be glad to fill you in :)

9. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

When Payne was 100% in that first season, we were a tough little defense to face. Now we are going to be better.

10. Big B Texan Fan

Big B Texan Fan Hall of Fame

Not to mention, we'll be scoring points on defense this year with the new agressiveness. Just think back to the year when the Oilers won those 11 in a row to finish 12-4. I was not disappointed to see our defense come out cuz it could of easily been a score waiting to happen.

11. HoustonHarley

HoustonHarley Rookie

Can you beleive that was 11 years ago...WOW Love him or hate him, Buddy Ryan got his defense fired up!