The NCAA Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Vinny, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

a comment from the link...

This entire decision is outrageous and proves the NCAA claims of "student athletes" is purely fraudulent.

A minor moves to the US and, consistent both with common sense and US law, moves in with a family. The family houses him, feeds him, helps him with school, and, horrors of horrors, takes him on vacations like a family member! Just because the family, like other Boise families, supports the Broncos, these are impermissible benefits?

Does the NCAA now propose that students be homeless?

How would this be any different if the "host family" were his parents?

Read more: http://voices.idahostatesman.com/20...y_tjongatjoe_reinstated_ncaa_af#ixzz1bFc22IeS

2. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I heard Cam Newton is on vacay with OJ.

3. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Tjong-A-Tjoe - sounds like...?

A) A new dance step on DWTS

B) A new fruity drink the bartender came up with

C) A new G.I. Joe character

D) Some new form of STD

E) A new children's game

F) All of the above

4. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Along those line, diffreent sport, but

Lamar University is looking into whether new basketball coach Pat Knight violated an NCAA rule by allowing two recruits to speak with his father, former Indiana coach Bob Knight.

The Indianapolis Star reported that Indiana high school players Donnell Minton and Jason Smith, who both made oral commitments to Lamar, talked with Bob Knight by phone during a recent campus visit. Pat Knight, who played for his father at Indiana in the early 1990s, was hired by Lamar in April after he was fired by Texas Tech.

NCAA rules state that “All telephone calls made to and received from a prospective student-athlete (or the prospective student-athlete’s parents, legal guardians or coaches) must be made and received by the head coach or one or more of the assistant coaches who count toward the numerical limitations.”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/2...r-university-investigating.html#ixzz1bS8MVmgB

5. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Oh, and Pat's response to all of this was class Knight

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/s...ight-face-possible-NCAA-violation-2225328.php

"I didn't know it was against the law to have your dad say hello to recruits," Pat Knight said after practice Tuesday. "At least I'm not paying them. The NCAA should look into guys that are paying players and not worry about guys that are doing it the right way."

NCAA rules generally prohibit anyone other than basketball staff members from recruiting, the Star reported.

"I think it's (expletive), honestly," Knight said. "The guy is my dad. If he wants to say hello to a recruit, he can. If we get reprimanded, fine. They need to check into guys that are outright cheating instead of nickle-dime stuff like that."

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/s...ible-NCAA-violation-2225328.php#ixzz1bSA1aLrr

6. PsychoLove

PsychoLove Church Of FSM

The NCAA is the biggest joke!

We should start our own Association! NCAAWB-National Collegiate Athletic Association With Brains