The nail in the coffin.

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by HeroTime, Jan 29, 2006.

1. HeroTime

HeroTime Rookie

With Leinhart and Cutler now both rated above VY, I ask do we use the #1 overall pick on the 3rd rated QB prospect just because he is from Houston?

2. stevo3883

stevo3883 All Pro

LOL at Cutler being rated over vince!

I will laugh so hard if a team picks him over Vince.

This guy has Kyle Boller written ALL over him.

3. HeroTime

HeroTime Rookie

Or Big Ben, remember he was the 3rd QB taken?

4. stevo3883

stevo3883 All Pro

Here we go again another overhyped QB.

What makes Jay so Good?

Cannon for an arm, quick release, good size, great pocket presence.
    Where have we heared this before? Oh yeah three years ago with a young man out of California named Kyle Boller.

All you Cutler lovers take a look at this

Cutler vs. Boller

Cutler
    6'4
    4.8 (est 40)
    Senior stats: (3073 yards) (21 Tds) (9 ints) (126.1 Rating) (59 %)

Boller
    6'3
    4.78 (timed 40)
    Senior stats: (2815 yards) (28 Tds) (10 ints) (126.8 Rating) (54%)

So, who is the real Jay Cutler?

He's just another Kyle Boller.

5. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

I agree w/stevvO, hes like Kyle Boller. Hes so inconsistent, and personnally the only good thing I see from him is his arm strenght. I personnally rate my QBs Leinart, Young, Whitehurst, Jacobs, Culter, Croyle, McNeal.

Hopefully the Lions take Jay that way he doesn't have a chance at screwing up another team that isn't screwed up already

6. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Cutler is better than Whitehurst, I can see an argument between him and Omar Jacobs as being the 3rd best QB prospect in the draft but I think Cutler will end up going as the 3rd QB in the draft. I think he is more NFL-ready right now than Vince is, but I think his potential is much less and Vince will still go ahead of him in the draft, likely #3 to the Titans, and I still don't see Cutler making it past Detroit or Arizona at #9/10.

7. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

LoL, nice job copying and pasting someone's post from NFLDC...

8. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

no im not saying he won't go third in the draft, I'm saying thats how I rank them, although its sorta unfair since I've never really seen Jacobs play. and when Cutler goes 6/19 wit TD INT, and Whitehurst 7-9 TD, I think Whitehurst is better.

9. stevo3883

stevo3883 All Pro

:spy:

10. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

omfg ye VY lovers are so hypocritical- i was so tempted to do the exact same thing with VY and Kordell Stewart,Akili Smith etc. id like to see what ye thought of that. However i know it just shows ignorance comparing a draft player to a bust BEFORE they've taken a single snap @ pro level so i decided against it. and i will say this alot of credible outlets have said cutler impressed alot of scouts during senior bowl week and has definitely gained crediblity as a top 10 propect and thats before combine and workouts so its possible he could overtake vince

11. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

you expose yourself when you make such a statement .... neither you nor I have watched enough tape of the guy to make such a claim ...

12. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Boller was a mistake just like Carr and Harrington. I like Cutler alot and do believe he will have a better career than the aformentioned guys. Yes, this falls into my prejudice against West Coast players.

Cutler did not look great in the game, but he showed some amazing zip on the ball.

13. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

DeAngelo Williams had a better week at the Senior Bowl than Reggie Bush.

Is Williams now rated ahead of Bush?

14. BREAZE

BREAZE Veteran

Mind games fellas...mind games. This is why trade boards fluctuate...there are motives at work that won't let up until the end of April.

15. cadahnic

cadahnic All Pro

I totally agree with this statement. Cutler looked solid and I think he is an option as the 3rd QB. Maybe Detroit takes him, but I doubt Arizona does. I think they resign Warner and another aged backup and then take Jacobs in the second after they shore up their O-line in the first. For some reason I think Cutler gets taken by Miami just an off the wall prediction.

16. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Just because two guys are similar in size and had similar senior stats does not make them clones.

17. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

How do you feel about Matt Leinart? Carson Palmer? Elway, Fouts, Moon, & Aikman were west coast QBs. Brady went to Michigan, but is from SoCal. I don't see a higher % of QB busts coming out of the west coast than anywhere else.

18. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I define West Coast by - born there, raised there and went to college there. Narrows the pool. No I am not fan of Leinart and recognize that Palmer is the exception. Whether or not he has the ability to lead the Bengals to a championship is another question.

19. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

I dont see how you could have done that because no one in college football history has ever passed for 3000 yards and rushed for 1000 yards in a single season. You cant compare that to anyone.

Cutler is so highly toughted because he has a crazy rocket arm. Just like Boller. Remember Boller shooting up the draft boards and seeing him throw the ball from the 50 to the goal posts on one knee?? Maybe thatshow he should play next year, cause that other stuff just aint working.

20. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

I think that Leinart and Cutler are better QBs than VY. Young is by far, the better athlete over both Leinart and Cutler combined. But when all is said and done, I say that Leinart and Cutler will have the better QB stats. VY is a phenomenal athlete, but JM:twocents: says he's not going to be a good NFL QB. I think that VY being rated as the 3rd best QB is an accurate statement.