The Mike Brisiel Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by b0ng, Dec 15, 2007.

1. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Ever since Fred Weary and Chris White got hurt in the horrific Tennessee game a few weeks ago, you have stepped in and our offense has been solid. Mike Brisiel, I don't know if it's you, but our offensive line has looked fearsome in the past few games, and I was worried Sage was going to get injured (knock on wood).

This may be a bit early, but I don't care. Kudos to you for making what appears to be a nominal impact on our very good offensive play for the last 2 games. You sir are a backup superstar.

2. adam

adam Guero

Absolutely. He has been a pleasant surprise.

3. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Hey I'm a big Mike Brisiel fan !
    I dunno know much about him except that he's got a lot of determination and
    perseverance. And he's been there for the Texans in the clutch when we needed somebody to step up and play guard after the injuries to Weary & White. And he stepped up and made the most of his opportunity.
    I hope he gets a descent multi-year contract from the Texans in this offseason. He's only 24 so he's a guy that can help us for quite a few years.

4. dickieb

dickieb Veteran

Way to go Mike! He is making the most of his opportunity and that is what we need from our bench players.

5. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Did anybody else notice those huge holes that were opening on the right side of the line between Brisiel and The Neanderthal? When Ron Dayne is gashing an opposing defense you know the line must be doing something right.

Go Go Big Brisiel!

6. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Well, yeah, but remember that the Broncos aren't all that good against the run.

I'm proud of him and I hope he continues to open some big holes against the Colts and Jags. Then we can have a RG controversy in the offseason.

That would be refreshing.

7. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

He started in the Tampa game too didn't he? I know the rushing stats for that game don't look appealing, but the Texans were basically able to run the ball whenever they needed a big conversion.

8. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

Loving Brisiel and Chris White! I was very sad to see White get hurt but Brisiel is just as easy to get behind! He's playing great. I think that both he and White are going to be very promising in the future for this team.

Keep in mind, Chris White is a Center first and a Guard second. I see both of these guys hanging around this team for a while.

Go Texans!

9. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Wow, I hope he turns out to be a better Center than Steve McKinney.

But enough about an injured player, lets get back to the Practice Squad hero who has made us look "half-ass competent" again.

10. austintexanite

austintexanite All Pro

Since he has gotten his opportunity he has played very well. Keep it up Mike.

11. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

Thank you Mike Brisiel!:doot:

I think Mike is one of those guys that just needed a little time to develop. He got to play in NFL Europe for a season and I think he has been on our Practice Squad for the last couple of years just trying to learn the pro game and wait his turn. I'm thankful he was "ready to play" when he got called up! Way to go Mike! Congrats! Hope you can stay for awhile and become a great NFL Guard! :texflag:

12. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

I think Steven Mckinny did fine at Center. When he got hurt and Flannagan steped in, it seemed that then did the running game started to deteriorate.

13. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Yes but to me Steve McKinney is not a world beater or a really great center. This is why I hope Chris White is even better.

14. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

I may be way off base but can Weary play some centre too??

Just wondering because he is an ok player, would hurt to try as many options as possible to find a winning combination.

15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

I haven't seen a time that he was called for a false start or holding, and the line's been playing well. So I have to assume that Brisiel's been playing well. Kudos to you practice squad'er. May the talent run deep in the O-line for we desperately need it.

16. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

That's a point. I'd forgotten about him playing that game, too.

17. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Weary is our best lineman. He played some Center in College at Tennessee.

18. Rex King

Rex King Veteran

I agree. Sucks for him and us:

Weary, who was having his best season, stood to get a big raise in 2008 with his contract expiring. But that was before he suddenly turned into damaged goods. Now, the Texans don't know what they have in him. "You try to come up with an agreement that the player sees value in and that you think is worth the risk," Smith said. "Those are tough things to decide. A lot of times a guy will say, 'Give me a one-year deal. Let me try to prove myself again.' We'll just have to see how it plays out with Fred."

If Briesel continues his fine play, it'll be all the worse for Weary.

19. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

That's not exactly a "we GOTTA have this guy back" statement is it?
    Weary seems to be a quality lineman, and I'd hate to see him just walk without some sort of reimbursement, ya know... I hope we sign him to a one-year deal, just so we can get something for him if other teams show interest.

20. maddogmrb

maddogmrb All Pro

Congrats Mike! Keep up the good work and earning those big $$$.:texflag: