Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Football Gods...

JWarren14

Beer Me
...are they real?

Do "Football Gods" really exist? Here is my story on how the Football Gods do NOT play games.

My wife and I scheduled a trip to Greece back in January for this weekend, meaning I would miss Friday & Saturday of the NFL Draft, an event I haven't missed in years. I said to myself, no biggie, I will have internet access, and screw it I will be in Greece with my wife.

Then all of a sudden a volcano goes off in Iceland and ruins flight plans for thousands of travelers. I was like "oh ****, I pissed off the football gods" sure enough we had to postpone our trip to September (we couldn't go before then because of this whole job thing we have). So there I am, waiting for the schedule to come out. Sure enough we rescheduled the trip and won't be coming back until 3:40 pm on the day of the home opener vs the Colts. Sidenote: I nearly got kicked out of the last Colts game, because, well I got too drunk and went crazy, so maybe this is Karma. I had been planning a trip to Denver with a good buddy of mine who is a big Broncos fan to watch the game and we both couldn't go if it was a Christmas game, sure enough the game is on Christmas.

Needless to say it's been a rough couple of days. Moral of the story is always please the Football Gods, because they do exist!

...are they real?

Do "Football Gods" really exist? Here is my story on how the Football Gods do NOT play games.

My wife and I scheduled a trip to Greece back in January for this weekend, meaning I would miss Friday & Saturday of the NFL Draft, an event I haven't missed in years. I said to myself, no biggie, I will have internet access, and screw it I will be in Greece with my wife.

Then all of a sudden a volcano goes off in Iceland and ruins flight plans for thousands of travelers. I was like "oh ****, I pissed off the football gods" sure enough we had to postpone our trip to September (we couldn't go before then because of this whole job thing we have). So there I am, waiting for the schedule to come out. Sure enough we rescheduled the trip and won't be coming back until 3:40 pm on the day of the home opener vs the Colts. Sidenote: I nearly got kicked out of the last Colts game, because, well I got too drunk and went crazy, so maybe this is Karma. I had been planning a trip to Denver with a good buddy of mine who is a big Broncos fan to watch the game and we both couldn't go if it was a Christmas game, sure enough the game is on Christmas.

Needless to say it's been a rough couple of days. Moral of the story is always please the Football Gods, because they do exist!

I can relate. I've been secretly praying that we would NOT have a home opener against either the Colts or Titans, and that we would play the "girls" later in the season, AFTER we get the kinks worked out. I've been planning to go to the Eagle game for 4 years, figuring it would be on a Sunday. The Bronco's was my other "cold weather" game, but, Christmas time will be a hard nut to crack. I will probably have to work. I've been pissed for almost 24 hrs!! Not good for b/p!! lol

I can relate. I've been secretly praying that we would NOT have a home opener against either the Colts or Titans, and that we would play the "girls" later in the season, AFTER we get the kinks worked out. I've been planning to go to the Eagle game for 4 years, figuring it would be on a Sunday. The Bronco's was my other "cold weather" game, but, Christmas time will be a hard nut to crack. I will probably have to work. I've been pissed for almost 24 hrs!! Not good for b/p!! lol

Ugh, that sucks! What did you do to piss them off?

Sure, they're real. Vengeful too! I personally endured the wrath of one in Bud Adams.

I have since switched football religions. I'm now under the control of Bob.

Back