Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Emotions - Touchdown Houston Texans

Not bad at all. As much as I love hip hop I was getting a little tired of the rap songs coming out about the Texans. Nice change up here.

I was thinking Emotions the disco band ( best of My Love):mariopalm: so I said I gotta hear this, mind you I am a semi pro musician and have played all genres.
So after one listen I give it a thumbs up, it was catchy and well done and had some nice touches added.
Thanks

I was thinking Emotions the disco band ( best of My Love):mariopalm: so I said I gotta hear this, mind you I am a semi pro musician and have played all genres.
So after one listen I give it a thumbs up, it was catchy and well done and had some nice touches added.
Thanks
Now if the Wiggimus loves it, it HAS to be good! (For those that don't know, he'd be a great tour guide for SXSW)

I like it.

Just wonder how it would sound a little more up-tempo or with some back-up vocals at certain points to give those emphasis moment a little more oomph and ahh

Thanks

Yeah... me too.
I was very pleasantly surprised.

it is good, but it does have a very beer commercial vybe to it.. if its for the cause i have no problem with whatever music comes out whether rap or rock or whatever genre..

I love the song but...why do song writers go through all the trouble to make a song about the Texans and date them by putting players names (or references to this year's SB) in them? Take that stuff out and this could be the Texans anthem forever.

It's a crowd-starter, for sure. That Slim Thug and Paul Wall song got play
at the stadium (during warmups, of course.) No reason why this song
shouldn't get run, either. It's pretty damn good.

I love the song but...why do song writers go through all the trouble to make a song about the Texans and date them by putting players names (or references to this year's SB) in them? Take that stuff out and this could be the Texans anthem forever.
Probably because this is the first year we've been on top of the AFC. In 95% of previous seasons, it could've easily been "Touchdown by Whoever the Texans are Playin' this Week".

As so many others have pointed out, play good football and the spotlight will come, of its own accord. The Texans are playing some good football.

Nice, it's finalyl out for download/purchase.

On iTunes, look for the song "Battle Red" by Renegade West. Don't know why it's under a different name, but woohoo we can buy it now!

I'm the drummer for Renegade West! We are a cover band out of Shiner called "The Emotions". But a few of us are branching out to do an original project called "Renegade West". We are hoping this song for the Texans will help create a platform for us to grow from. And of course give all the Texans fans out there something to pump them up for this Super Bowl bound season! Something that's not rap Haha. 11-1 Baby! But we appreciate the listen and please spread this with everyone you know! BATTLE RED!!!!

I'm the drummer for Renegade West! We are a cover band out of Shiner called "The Emotions". But a few of us are branching out to do an original project called "Renegade West". We are hoping this song for the Texans will help create a platform for us to grow from. And of course give all the Texans fans out there something to pump them up for this Super Bowl bound season! Something that's not rap Haha. 11-1 Baby! But we appreciate the listen and please spread this with everyone you know! BATTLE RED!!!!

Cool. Thanks for dropping by.

Great tune, BTW.

Just posted it on The Blitz 97.5's Facebook page. Hopefully you'll be getting some play on the show tomorrow.

One of my relatives owns a dance hall called Swiss Alps, have you played there?
My relative played in the Telstars.

Our song was on the Rod Ryan show this morning on 94.5 the buzz in Houston!!! Call in and request the song and we will love you forever! If not, we probably will still love you....

The band is actually called Renegade West, and I have been playing that song on Rock 101 KLOL for almost a week now several times a day.

Best Texans song out there for sure.

Thank you so much for the plays!!!! Has it gotten good feedback so far?

Yes it has... you can read some of the feedback on our Facebook page and we are even getting some people calling to request it.

I played it once an hour for about 4 hours leading up to the Titans game.

Everyone loves it!

Yes it has... you can read some of the feedback on our Facebook page and we are even getting some people calling to request it.

Everyone loves it!

Don't mean to butt into a great song thread, which it is, but...

I've been out of the Houston radio signal range for about 15 years. The last I knew KLOL went all tejano format. When did it change back to R&R?

Everyone loves it!

That is very good to hear!!! We are also hoping the team will pick it up and use it at the stadium!

I've been out of the Houston radio signal range for about 15 years. The last I knew KLOL went all tejano format. When did it change back to R&R?

Rock 101 KLOL is now a privately owned, commercial free, listener supported Online Radio station broadcasting 24/7/365

No need to be in range anymore. Tune in anywhere in the world where there is an Internet connection. I do not want to get into trouble by posting a link so just search Google and you will find it. Can also find us on Facebook and Twitter.

That is very good to hear!!! We are also hoping the team will pick it up and use it at the stadium!

I have contacted a friend from the stadium and they are going to pass it to the right people, so you may hear it at the stadium next home game.

Finger Crossed!

After reading one of the other posts in this thread I have to agree that you need to work on a generic version that does not contain players names or references to this years super bowl, so that the song can have some staying power, or even become the official anthem for all time.

I am sure you can rework the lyrics without changing the melodies. Just something to discuss with the other band members and what a fine suggestion from Exascor

I have contacted a friend from the stadium and they are going to pass it to the right people, so you may hear it at the stadium next home game.

Finger Crossed!

After reading one of the other posts in this thread I have to agree that you need to work on a generic version that does not contain players names or references to this years super bowl, so that the song can have some staying power, or even become the official anthem for all time.

I am sure you can rework the lyrics without changing the melodies. Just something to discuss with the other band members and what a fine suggestion from Exascor

I wonder if this would sound cheesy like the old Houston Oilers fight song after it has aged a few decades. I hated that song with a passion and it still echoes in my head to this day.

One of my relatives owns a dance hall called Swiss Alps, have you played there?
My relative played in the Telstars.

Wow! I only saw them only 1000 times in high school at the SPJST Lodge off Beall Street back in the early eighties.

Small world.

cool song, albeit a bit too similar sounding to "I like Rock and Roll" IMO.

Yea the idea for this song was to be commercial. I mean there are a million songs that this could sound like. But that's really the only way to appeal to a bigger crowd. I mean, for this song alone we tried to make it as familiar as possible. All our other stuff is more original. I appreciate the compliment! If you're ever bored one day just call up a radio station and request it:) That would help us out a ton!!!

Finger Crossed!

Man, UGLY loss last night...but i sincerely think we needed that loss. To show what we need to work on...Any word from your friend at the stadium on playing the song there? And i agree with changing up the lyrics. Thats why we tried to at least make the Chorus at least something we wouldnt need to change year in and year out. Still getting good feedback on the song though:)...we are just trying to get it to the next level.

Back