Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Dolphins have a terrible secondary

TexansSeminole

Hall of Fame
Forget any stats that you may have read, I am not even sure about where they are ranked in pass defense, but I've seen the Dolphins play alot this year, and their secondary is terrible.

We need to come out slinging that ball around. I want to see us throw to Andre 3 or 4 times in then opening drive. We need to make it clear that we are going to Andre all game, because their whole secondary combined really can't carry Andre's jock strap. Yeremiah Bell and Renaldo Hill are decent players, but that's practically all they got.

I'm expecting a gigantic game from AJ, not just for the obvious reasons but also because I'm going against him in my main ff league. Bring the pain, AJ. I can take it.

We have had so many wide open receivers. Schaub should have amazing stats at this point. Yet he continues to throw the ball off target or into triple coverage.

Well to give them some credit, they held Phillip River to just 159yds, one td, and under 50% completion.

Well to give them some credit, they held Phillip River to just 159yds, one td, and under 50% completion.

Yep, but they don't have a stud like AJ. He made all the difference.

They did beat NE with Moss, though... but in that game Ronnie Brown had like 5 TDs to himself. We did good holding down their running game.

Let's take a looksie here:

Week 1 against Jets: B. Favre 15/22 194 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs

Week 2 against Cardinals: K. Warner 19/24 361 yards 3 TDs 0 INTs

Week 3 against Pats: M. Cassel 19/31 131 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Week 4 against Chargers: P. Rivers 13/28 159 yards 1 TD 0 INTs

Week 5 against Texans: M. Schaub 22/42 379 yards 1 TD 2 INTs.

Not looking good for the Dolphins secondary. I have double digit amount of Dolphins fan friends and they all say their secondary is by far the weakest part of their team.

Ronnie Brown is having a monster year, BTW.

I discount their first two game, because I think their team turn the corner with their next two. They were playing pretty good coming into this week.

They held two high-power offense to under 160 yards passing and only 1td through the air. Then got ripped a new arsehole by Schaub and AJ.

I don't discount any games in the season for any team. Maybe if they played great for the next 10 games, but they played well for 2, just played TERRIBLE for this one, and really threw away alot of opportunities.

My guess is that this secondary will be in the worst 3 before the season is over.

And really they only held one high powered offense down. Without Tom Brady the Pats don't have a high powered offense. Well, maybe I should say with Matt Cassell they don't. Especially in the guys, what, 3rd start since HIGH SCHOOL.

We'll see what happens, I'll be watching them for the rest of the year.

Well you have to keep in mind that they have a new DC and is learning his new scheme. Those first two games and their next two games show me they were improving. But like you said it's still too early, we won't know how good they are until later in the season.

that's because they put constant pressure on Rivers. he still completed some passes to wide open receivers

the secondary is pretty awful, but they look good as long as the front 7 is doing well. and they didn't do well against Houston

that's because they put constant pressure on Rivers. he still completed some passes to wide open receivers

the secondary is pretty awful, but they look good as long as the front 7 is doing well. and they didn't do well against Houston

I will continue to say that Matt Roth is a beast. Amazing how fast he is learning the OLB position. He is one of those guys you just want on the field at all times. Doesn't matter where in the front 7 he plays, just get him on the field.

Back