Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The curse of the NFC South?

gtexan02

Working?
I heard on the radio that every year the team in last place in that division has gone to win the division the year after over the last couple years. The buccanneers were last in 2006. Strange, no?

odd too bad it doesn't work like that in the AFC south, every year the team in last place stays there and team in #1 generally stays there. I think 2 and 3 flop around a bit.

odd too bad it doesn't work like that in the AFC south, every year the team in last place stays there and team in #1 generally stays there. I think 2 and 3 flop around a bit.

That is gonna change this year (accept for the team at the top:gun: )

2002 - Carolina in last place at (7-9)

2003 - Carolina wins division (11-5)
Atlanta in last place at (5-11)

2004 - Atlanta wins division (11-5)
Tampa Bay in last place (5-11)

2005 - Tampa Bay wins division (11-5)
New Orleans in last place (3-13)

2006 - New Orleans wins division (10-6)
Tampa Bay in last place

Weird, no?

2002 - Carolina in last place at (7-9)

2003 - Carolina wins division (11-5)
Atlanta in last place at (5-11)

2004 - Atlanta wins division (11-5)
Tampa Bay in last place (5-11)

2005 - Tampa Bay wins division (11-5)
New Orleans in last place (3-13)

2006 - New Orleans wins division (10-6)
Tampa Bay in last place

Weird, no?

Which should be a lesson to folks who always want to say getting from a 6-10 record or that vicinity to the playoffs is a 2-3 year process.

4 game swing
6 game swing
6 game swing
7 game swing

I heard on the radio that every year the team in last place in that division has gone to win the division the year after over the last couple years. The buccanneers were last in 2006. Strange, no?

I've watched the Saints since they drafted Ricky Williams(I stopped since they ditched Joe Horn)... I've been saying that for years.

I literally couldn't hold myself together when Drew Brees was drafted early in the second round of our Fantasy draft.

so what happens when their whole division sucks this year? will they be good next year?

Who knows? I just know that the fact that our whole division sucks is one of the few glimmers of hope we have! :rofl:

Add on the fact that no one in the division has played the Titans or the Colts yet, and they're likely looking at a couple more losses each. Thanks to the Texans, Carolina has another loss and the Falclowns are due to go 0-4 this Sunday. :D

Back