The Bob McNair appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Thorn, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

After spending what amounts to about a billion dollars so far, I would like to thank you for bringing the NFL back to Houston. Never in a million years will I or anyone else here agree with all your decisions concerning this team, but you have brought us back into the fold and you are not a classless a-hole like our previous owner.

For that, thank you Sir. It is appreciated.

Now go get us a running back. LOL

2. Grams

Grams Subscribed Contributor

Yes, I agree.

And a FS, or whatever safety we need.

3. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

If I may add to this, Mr. McNair, don't you and the other greedy owners and the greedy players strike. If you do I will have no alternative other than to conclude what I've always thought.

4. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Owners don't "Strike"....players "strike", and owners "lock out". Right now there is some premature talk of lockouts if they can't agree on how to divide the money and how much projected money there will be to divvy up. I think there is a bigger chance of a lockout than a strike. There is no National radio deal in place and the mega money deal from Sunday Ticket and DirecTV are about to expire. The league has laid off nearly 200 employees this season and the Commish took a 20% pay cut. Lots of stuff to work out since the projected money may not be as good as the last few years.

as far as this thread goes, I'm glad the NFL is back in town. I thank Bob every day I put in my personal time on his web site. I'm not the biggest homer in town, but I appreciate the greater NFL in a big way and glad Mr NcNair made the decision to spend his kagillions on a NFL franchise for Houston.

5. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Old man you disappoint me...

I would have figured you would ask for free beer at the games, not something as elusive as a RB... pft.. ;)

6. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Free beer is always good! :)

7. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

I support Mr McNair in his endeavors and am glad for football being in Houston. Do you know how hard it was to root for a team from a different city?

8. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

You would know the Boneheads would chime in a thread that does not even appeal to them.

Bob, Your are the greatest owner in the NFL and thank you from the bottom of my heart for Bringing The HOUSTON TEXANS to Houston Texas.

9. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Dear Bob, it's been said that you are content with mediocrity, specifically on this MB in another thread. I disagree with that. I don't think you dropped 1 billion just to settle for mediocre. One would think that would be obvious but some need more convincing then others I suppose. Thanks for bringing football to Houston, now let's shut up some of these so called "experts" with a deep run in the playoffs in 2010.

10. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

The 1st 10% of my material thanks is in the mail, but also thank you for more than filling the void left by Fatass Bud when he pulled his circus out of town.

11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I want to thank all of you, and all the fans who buy the Texans gear, Tickets, and whatever you do, to support the Texans.

I appreciate the chance McNair took by bringing this franchise to Houston.. but not as much as I appreciate all or you proving him right.

Malloy likes this.
  12. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

You my boy Bob, you my boy!!!

13. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I used to root for a team despite his owner. That owner embarrassed the city with his crass, cheap behavior.

I've heard McNair talk enough to know that he really desires to be a good owner. He really wants to bring Houston a winning team. He wants to be the sort of owner attracts talent.

Lots of peril and mistakes in being a first time sports owner, but I think that his good intentions will eventually pay off.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents to this thread and not to the other one because that thread title causes me distress.

Thank you Mr. McNair.

14. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Thanks, Bob!

15. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

16. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

Thank you Mr. McNair for bringing NFL football back to Houston. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.:clap:

17. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Spend some money to bring us a winner, McNair. Bringing a franchise isn't enough if its never going to win squat.

Spend the money it takes to compete, Bob. No more Weavers and Greenwoods.

18. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

That's the best you could do huh?

19. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Both expensive mistakes kind of disproving the cheap implication.

20. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Not really, icak. They spent money but not enough to get real talent that could actually help and improve the team. You don't go halfway to the store to find something but then see some cheap knockoff on the side of the road and decide to buy it cause its cheaper and you think you can get away with it and no one will notice just because it has a high pricetag. Why spend $8 on something that still sucks when you can spend $12 on something that can actually help you.