Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Really surprised that no one is mentioning LOVE SMITH. Especially with all of these Kubiak fans who love a "nice guy." Lovie was the definition of a coach who did more with less in my opinion in his time in Chicago. He dealt with tons of injury plagued teams, but when they were healthy Lovie usually had them playing well as a collective group. Hell, the guy got this team to a SB with Rex Grossman at the helm. When they finally got Cutler he gets them back to a NFC championship game where they almost made it to the SB. Here is an experienced coach out there right now that has a lot of post season experience and has proven he can make things work. I think that Lovie Smith is going to go somewhere and have more success the same way that John Fox has. I'd love for it to be the Texans.

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Clear a couple things up first:

Shaw won't be leaving Stanford.
Lovie Smith is not a good coach
Gruden isn't leaving MNF

Now, some other prospects mentioned:

Tony Dungey may be the most overrated coach in NFL history (Anyone could have done what he did with Peyton. In fact, a really good coach would have won many more titles). Just see what Jim Caldwell did with Peyton (14-2) and without.

Rex Ryan isn't getting fired by the Jets - he has done a phenomenal job this year. He's weird, but I'd take him in a heartbeat.
What about the team Dungy left in Tampa? Gruden takes all the credit, but Dungy assembled.that team.

Redcat

Practice Squad
Honestly? My ideal scenario would be this:

New HC - Make a John Harbaugh style hire (Harbs was a ST coordinator, everyone called Ravens crazy, now look at him). God knows we need more emphasis on Special teams.

Keep Wade - Defense has been fine. Offense has been putting them in a horrible spot, not to mention injuries.

New OC - Im not totally opposed to keeping Kubiak as OC (altho i don't think he would accept that). Perhaps if his health issues force him to coach from the booth, it would be a seamless transition. The gap in play calling between Rick Dennison and Kubiak is apparent. And Gary has always been a good offensive mind - he struggles as a head coach, however.
Dave Toub, ST coach with KC. This guy is going to be another Harbaugh.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8/25/4656058/dave-toub-kansas-city-chiefs-special-teams-highlights

Yesterday

Waterboy
What about the team Dungy left in Tampa? Gruden takes all the credit, but Dungy assembled.that team.
Dungy wasn't the GM. Rich McKay was. The Bucs realized that they needed to get over the hump - so they brought Gruden in.

Peyton made up for Dungy's porous defense (that's supposed to be his specialty, right?) for years in Indy. With an average QB, Dungy would be just another guy.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Clear a couple things up first:

Shaw won't be leaving Stanford.
Keep Wade - Defense has been fine. Offense has been putting them in a horrible spot, not to mention injuries.

New OC - Im not totally opposed to keeping Kubiak as OC (altho i don't think he would accept that). Perhaps if his health issues force him to coach from the booth, it would be a seamless transition. The gap in play calling between Rick Dennison and Kubiak is apparent. And Gary has always been a good offensive mind - he struggles as a head coach, however.
I'll believe that Shaw isn't leaving Stanford when he says, "No I don't want your $7 million a year to be your Head Coach"

A new HC has to have the autonomy to hire who he wants for his coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.