Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The All Encompassing 2010 Free Agency Thread

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
Bears release Nathan Vasher. He's from Texas so I assume the Texans will do their due diligence.

Bears released CB Nathan Vasher.

Vasher, due $3M and ineffective several seasons running, was never going to make the roster out of training camp, so GM Jerry Angelo cut the chord early. Vasher, 29, was an All-Pro in 2005, when current Chargers DC Ron Rivera was running Chicago's offense. San Diego is also dangerously thin at corner.
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

b0ng

Bad Hombre
Crazy. I guess Philly will be going with Kolb as their starter if this goes through. Rams probably wouldn't draft a QB with their first pick either.
I wouldn't see why, McNabb is a pretty good QB and they could fill in one of the (many) holes on defense. Of course glazer has reported that this report is false. Eagle fan response?

An eagles fan said:
f--- rumors knew it was way to good to be true. We are stuck with the guy,.
Source

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
I thought Ken Hamlin was pretty good for them. Wonder what happened?
Hamlin was good the first year in 2007 and made the PB. After signing a longer term deal he wasn't too good. He didn't make any plays at all over the next 2 seasons...1 interception. He was a guy who was good as the secondary captain..calling plays buit not much else. I heard rumors that his attitude soured also.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Quick, name all of the successful QB's who made the transition from UT to the NFL.

Hell, you can go ahead and name all the BIG XII QB's who have transitioned well. I'll wait.
You know you will be waiting awhile?

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
ESPN Insider had about 9 teams with interest in Darren Sharper and the Texans were one of them along with the Redskins, Chargers, Cowboys, Bears, Dolphins, Chiefs, Jets and Eagles.

J_R

Veteran
Speaking of the Jets, they are actively shopping guard Alan Faneca, defensive end Shaun Ellis and linebacker Bryan Thomas and will probably waive these players after the draft. You might be surprised to read Faneca’s name, but he’s the first to go after the draft.

The Cowboys would part with defensive end Marcus Spears, linebacker Bobby Carpenter, wide receiver Sam Hurd, safety Pat Watkins and lineman Cory Procter for the right price. All of them are being shopped around the league

I’m still hearing the Raiders would be willing to trade any corner on their team, Nnamdi Asomugha, Chris Johnson and Stanford Routt are all available.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/DMN-Our-first-look-at-the-schedule.html

BigBull17

Hall of Fame
Quick, name all of the successful QB's who made the transition from UT to the NFL.

Hell, you can go ahead and name all the BIG XII QB's who have transitioned well. I'll wait.
Hell, it's really hard to name sucessful UT 1st round picks. I was kidding, BTW. I'm not what you could call a UT homer. Colt McCoy showed his colors when he didn't come back into a game cause he was worried about losing money. If I were a GM, I would think long and hard about a guy who wouldn't go back into the National Championship game of his Sr year to save his draft status.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Hell, it's really hard to name sucessful UT 1st round picks. I was kidding, BTW. I'm not what you could call a UT homer. Colt McCoy showed his colors when he didn't come back into a game cause he was worried about losing money. If I were a GM, I would think long and hard about a guy who wouldn't go back into the National Championship game of his Sr year to save his draft status.
WtF? Where in the hell did you get that idea? That is totally bullshit and may be the most asshattery comment I have read on this board this year. Colt begged to be let back in that game.

Your UT hate is showing. And if it is hard for you to name a successful UT 1st round pick, you don't pay much attention to football.

BigBull17

Hall of Fame
WtF? Where in the hell did you get that idea? That is totally bullshit and may be the most asshattery comment I have read on this board this year. Colt begged to be let back in that game.

Your UT hate is showing. And if it is hard for you to name a successful UT 1st round pick, you don't pay much attention to football.
He begged? Seriously? His daddy went into the locker room and told him to count his money and he said yes sir. Yeah, I truley hate UT. Yeah, I laughed when they lost. But I have a feeling that his draft stock was a big reason he didn't come back in. It wasnt even a bad hit. I wouldn't touch him. As to it being asshaterry or total bull ****, what I said has just as much weight as what you say. You weren't in the locker room either. BTW, Santa is fake, the Easter Bunny is fake, eskimos are real, and Vince Young is an awfull QB.

Ryan

THIS YEAR
I'm not a Longhorn by any sense, but the dude could hardly even move his arm. I'd like to see you try throwing a football effectively when you can't feel your arm.

BigBull17

Hall of Fame
I'm not a Longhorn by any sense, but the dude could hardly even move his arm. I'd like to see you try throwing a football effectively when you can't feel your arm.
I would use my mind. MNah, I tore my rotator cuff and played oline for 2 years of high school and one year of college before I got it fixed. I didnt throw, but I did beat myself to death.

Texan4Ever

All Pro
Colt McCoy wanted to come back in the game but his arm was banged up. ESPN reported that his father told him NOT to attempt a comeback as it may further damage his arm and potentially cost him in the draft.

As far as not being able to throw, he was reportedly throwing the ball around to his trainers fine but as a precaution, he was kept out of the game.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
Rams traded former first-round pick Adam Carricker to Redskins. Still awaiting word on what the Rams get in return.
Jason Taylor has agreed to become a New York Jet.

Jason Taylor's deal is two years, $13 million. But the real number is one year up to $3.75 million. Taylor is a Jet.
ESPN's John Clayton with details of Torry Holt's deal with Pats -- 1 year, could be worth up to $1.7 million.
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

bah007

Hall of Fame
Colt McCoy wanted to come back in the game but his arm was banged up. ESPN reported that his father told him NOT to attempt a comeback as it may further damage his arm and potentially cost him in the draft.

As far as not being able to throw, he was reportedly throwing the ball around to his trainers fine but as a precaution, he was kept out of the game.
Colt pinched a nerve in his shoulder. He couldn't feel anything. When he tried to throw with the trainers he couldn't even throw it ten yards.

bah007

Hall of Fame
I would use my mind. MNah, I tore my rotator cuff and played oline for 2 years of high school and one year of college before I got it fixed. I didnt throw, but I did beat myself to death.
A pinched nerve is different than a torn muscle. You don't really feel any pain, mostly because you can't feel anything. I've had a torn supraspinatus for about six years now but I can still throw the ball around. A pinched nerve is different. If you can't feel your arm, how can you use it?

BigBull17

Hall of Fame
A pinched nerve is different than a torn muscle. You don't really feel any pain, mostly because you can't feel anything. I've had a torn supraspinatus for about six years now but I can still throw the ball around. A pinched nerve is different. If you can't feel your arm, how can you use it?
As I said before, I should know better than to insult a Texas QB. Whatever. Colt looks like a little drama queen on his path to the draft. Im sick of him, sick of UT, sick of shitty UT QB's. He is tough. He is God. He is the best ever and teams would be crazy to pass on a tough, gutty QB who puts his teama head of his draft stock.

Now on topic, Lito Shepard for 2 mil? Makes me sad. I would have gave him that.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
Could the Texans afford to sign both Faneca and Sharper?
Depends on the length of the contract and how they load it.

No one knows what the cap is going to be like in the future and these contracts have to be friendly to that cap. But they could front load something so it counts mostly against this uncapped year. Maybe.

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
Jaguars | Reggie Hayward released
Comment (0)
Wed, 07 Jul 2010 21:39:33 -0400

The Jacksonville Jaguars have released DE Reggie Hayward, reports Vito Stellino, of The Florida Times-Union. With six defensive ends on roster, the team made the calculated risk to release him.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0t6lZk2vN

I don't know much about him. Name sounds familiar. With six DEs beating him out is this guy worth taking a look at?