The 2010 Sporting News Magazine Stinks!!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by buckaroo_banzai, Jun 3, 2010.

1. buckaroo_banzai

buckaroo_banzai Rookie

hey all,
    Today I was reading my haul of new football magazines previewing the 2010 season....
    things were looking good, as most of the mags had the Texans making the playoffs. I felt like we were finally getting some love.........then I read the Sporting News 2010 magazine and none other than John McClain had done the Texans write-up.
    The sporting news magazine rates teams overall on a 1 to 100 scale, with the best teams around 95 or so. Try to imagine my surprise when they rate Indy at 91 (OK, that's maybe about right), but the second place team was the titans at 89....."huh?!?!?" Then just to rub salt on the wound, they have our beloved Texans at 79 WTF!?!?! A 79...REALLY!?!?! :foottap: that far behind everyone else? The jags were rated at 72.
    So I'm supposed to believe that we are closer to the jags then the colts? Am I missing something? :choke:
    at least the write-up about us from McClain was fair, but man those people at the sporting news must really hate us or something because it was BY FAR the most negative review of the team so far. (I guess more upcoming mags could treat us worse, though I doubt it)
    Even the chiefs (85) and cardinals (81) were rated higher....."SHEESH"

2. blitz90

blitz90 jock strap

Sounds about right considering how horrible we've been in our division.

3. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

This is a "put up or shut up" league and the Texans haven't put up yet. Don't expect everyone to jump on a bandwagon of a team who's never made playoffs.

4. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

Those are almost the exact same numbers Madden gave last year (we were 78 or 79 I think) and I imagine we might be 80 or 81 this year because of Cushing and Pollard, but not much higher.

5. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Where have you been the last couple of offseasons?

The Texans have gotten nothing but love...only to make fools out of the people who went out of their way to rave about the "new up and coming team in the NFL".

Forget love and respect (which is meaningless) I want wins and results ON THE FIELD....and only the Texans can control and supply that. Frankly other than being very entertaining with a high octane offense, the Texans haven't offered up any real substance for outsiders to go crazy about. All they've done is disappoint and lay eggs when they should've been "taking the next step/turning the corner" (yack)

Double Barrel likes this.
  6. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Yep

But some cant come to grips with the thought of the NFL being a put up or shut up league. They're getting better but this just in......... so are the rest of the teams in the NFL.

It really comes down to injuries and if Kubes can improve. Right now it doesn't look promising. (Cushings suspension and my lack of faith in Kubes)

7. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I'll just repost the post I made a couple of months ago when someone trashed Tim Cowlishaw when he had a negative opinion of us because it's also relevent for this thread...

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1412346&highlight=cowlishaw#post1412346

8. False Start

False Start On # 69

That sounds about right to me. They haven't done anything significant yet, so they need to do that to be rated higher. :texflag:

9. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Despite being 1-5 against the division the Texans were the 2nd place team in the division and thats not bad considering the 1st place team arguably could have gone 16-0.

10. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

sadly first four years we kept making circles with those 4 left turns with C & C factory

Kubiak is on his 4th so well time will tell if it is 4 right turns

11. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

our head coach sucks and we did nothing in the offseason to really improve

why is anyone surprised that someone who isn't biased or a homer thinks we are average

we are a .500 team under Kubiak and we haven't met a big game we couldn't lose

6-10 here we come, Thanks for re-signing Kubiak, Bob.

12. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

The team went 9-7 last year and was 5-6 plays away from being 12-4. The team is one of the youngest in the league and has someone close to or entering the prime of their careers at nearly every starting position. Your continued bitter pouting over daddy McNair not satisfying your spoiled brat needs for a new head coach or a high dollar ESPN-recognizable free agent is obnoxious and reflects poorly on Texans fans and this board. Get over it and please re-think posting next time you have something dumb like this to say because your embarrassing yourself.

Texanmike02 and Malloy like this.
  13. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

The jags are like dallas and redskin games

we can be 14-0 and the jags 2-12 and they can still find a way to always bet us

Has long has we are in this divison the Jags will play us like its WW3 or something same with the titans

14. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Actually, we have a better record against the Jags than either the Colts or Titans...look it up

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  15. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

But, But...they were the best 9-7 team to not make the playoffs! In fact they could go down as the BEST 9-7 team ever.

Double Barrel likes this.
  16. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

blah blah blqh blah

blah blah blah blah

next article.

17. GP

GP Go Texans!

Is this the first OFFICIAL "Why don't we get any media love?" thread of the season?

They always crop up about June each year.

Every such thread should have plastic explosives attached to it and detonated from a safe distance...within 2 minutes of it being created :kaboom:

18. GP

GP Go Texans!

Gosh darn it, Timmy! If you don't calm down right now, I'm going to send you AND your sister to summer journalism camp with Justice and McClain.

I'll have no more of that sort of temper tantrum from you, young man.

Now go set the table and grab your grandmother's heel file. She wants to get in a good heel shaving before dinner.

And wipe that frown off your face, or I'll make you sweep up the dust and shavings once she's finished.

[​IMG]

19. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

YUP!!! Thanks Bob! I really appreciate having Kubes around for another season, too.

:gun:
    Geeeez, just when I thought SH had given it a rest, he chimes in with his typical, redundant and ridiculous rant..

That said, I could care less what any publication's pre-season predictions are. That's why they actually play the games.

20. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

This

For years the cards were the Texans yet they kept disappointing. Then they made the SB and now they have some cred. You may have talent and think playoffs, but until you do you will be considered amn underacheiver.