That's why we drafted him (Brooks Reed).

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by thunderkyss, Oct 10, 2011.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I'm listening to the Gary Kubiak show on 610. Twice, maybe three times, he mentioned we drafted Brooks Reed to be a starter.

He was asked about what he thought about Reed, if he could take Mario's place.... He was asked what does this have to look forward to.. & I can't remember the other.

So, at least twice he said we drafted Brooks Reed to be a starter.

Does that mean that Mario was never meant to be an OLB? Did they not think Barwin was going to be healthy?

Were they planning on life after Mario before the draft?

2. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

It's a combo, really.

They weren't sure about the moves by both Barwin and Mario. If they couldn't re-up with Mario. If Connor's injury from last season slowed him down. It's a few factors.

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

gary being gary is my "off the top of the head answer" and giving the PC answer

BUT when you are picked in the 2nd round, you are picked to be a starter or at the very least push the starter.

with Barwin's injury and Mario switching out.. we didn't know how they were going to turn out so we had to draft (again) for a vital need

but with that said.. I am glad we drafted him, we needed speed and depth up front

I hope the game slows down for him and he becomes a beast

4. Mari-OWNED!

Mari-OWNED! Bucco Bruce

Baltimore is going to be a big test for Barwin/Reed. I'd also like to see Bryan Braman in the rotation now.

(Possibly promote Jesse Nading to the active roster)

5. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

I believe Kubiak just meant that they drafted Reed thinking he would eventually be a starter----not that he would start right away.

But that's just what I'm guessing.

6. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    I tend to agree TF and think he will. Like another poster mentioned, I hope the game slows down for him soon. Whether it does or not I see Reed as future fan fav. As soon as he's comfortable and playing fast instead of thinking we'll see him doing the things on the field that made alot of folks really happy to see us snag him in the second. Don't know when that will be but I do believe he has the talent to be very successful in this league.

7. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Count me in this camp

By the end of the yr Reed will be playing very well. This doesn't mean MW wont be missed