That's garbage...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by the wonger need food, Dec 22, 2006.

1. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

N.D. Kalu has sealed his fate as a Houston Texan. He was quoted saying a few negative things about the team....

"Our leading sacker has five sacks. That's garbage," said Kalu, a defenisve end with two sacks. "We haven't done (anything) all year. We need to finally take it personally. (Coach Gary) Kubiak has been so cool to us, and he's been sugarcoating it, but we haven't been doing our job, and it's obvious from our stats."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4420258.html

As we know, players that step up and make negative statements about the team usually get cut. Mr. McNair will not stand for this negativity no matter how truthful and accurate the statements are. Nice knowing ya N.D.

2. brewhaus

brewhaus All Pro

N.D. hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire this year. I suppose he'll be playing an "active" rule in next seasons "Culture Change", won't he?

3. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Well if he goes because of this, so does Richard Smith who was praising him for the comments. From my perspective - it's about time.

4. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

Kalu has been one of the better Ends, if he gets cut because of his truthful comments, it would be the stupidest thing, those comments might make this team better, kubiak and co. need to listen to the players and want they need on the team to get better, but i will agree with N.D. in a 4-3 system and the sack leader has 5 sacks it is garbage,

and if McNair gets pissed off and can't handle the truth he shouldnt be the owner of the team, i dunno if im the only one but i really dont like mr. mcnair

5. wicked_wayz

wicked_wayz all blacks

kalu speaks nothing but the truth here

6. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Just me...but I thought that was what the leaders of the team were supposed to do. Call guys out when things weren't going well. Actually, I kinda thought it was refreshing and something that should of been stated many games ago. I appreciate the grey beards and the contribution that they've made this year. I saw nothing wrong in Kalu's standing up and saying the Emperior has no clothes on. I bet Kubiak doesn't either. Kubes is poking at the cadaver and seeing if there's any parts are salvagable for next season. Kalu is in my keeper pile. Just me.

7. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

If only it was that easy to get rid of Richard Smith.

8. rockabilly

rockabilly Veteran

I dont see anything wrong with the non usual "we just gotta keep working hard" crap.

9. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Now now DB. Settle down. After the first 3 games, I think Smith has done a bang up job. You could argue one or two points, but in general I think he has done more than enough to retain his DC position imo. :stirpot:

10. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

:yawn:

11. DenverBorn

DenverBorn Veteran

Think maybe he doesn't want to be a Houston Texan?

12. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

he wants to get payed and win some games and gets some sacks, i dont think he cares what team he plays for

13. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

I agree with im 100%. I don't think he's out o fline at all. Every player in the front seven should be upset that the leading sacker has only 5.

14. old football fan

old football fan Veteran

I think he called everybody out including himself, and I don't believe McNair makes the cuts.:hides:

15. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

Gee N.D., spouting your disappointment to the media doesn't work in your favor in this organization.

Ask Jamie Sharper.

Yes, I am still holding a grudge. :mad:

16. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Too bad we don't have any 1st round draft picks invested in the line...

...oh wait a minute, Jason Babin, Travis Johnson, and Mario Williams are all 1st round picks.

17. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Jamie didn't do anything once he left here. I don't even think he is in the NFL anymore.

18. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

Correct you are. Went to Seattle last year but was cut and no one picked him up this year.

19. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

Dunno what he us up to now. No matter, he was let go here for circumstances I think were bunk. The knee had nothing to do with it. Independent thinking is not encouraged here.

NO leadership since Jamie and Aaron Glenn were 'let go'. We haven't done much since THEY left here.

Vinny likes this.
  20. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

ND Kalu is a real football player who doesn't like to lose. We need more of those kind of guys. He isn't used to this atmosphere coming from a team like the Eagles and hopefully this will help stop making the Texans locker room Club Med without the sand.

If Kalu is let go because he is saying the team is underachieving then what kind of player does McNair want? Does he want guys who seem to be content with losing game after game? Football is an emotional and physical game. If your heart isn't into it, it shows both on the field and scoreboard. Kubiak needs to stop making excuses and start making decisions.