Thank you Denver, but your going down!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by RiotCommander, Aug 19, 2006.

1. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

I would like to thank Denver for giving us such a great head coach, but we must break you! :dangit:

2. Sarg01

Sarg01 Hall of Fame

Battle of running backs?

3. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

Gonna be very interesting to see how Kubiak prepares us defensively being that denver is where he made his living.

4. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

NFL field pass offers a FREE trial run as long as you cancel before preseason is over.

5. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

I have been using it for 3 yrs... Its not a bad alternative when your not in texas....I was speaking in reference to the denver preseason game.... Its 29.95 for the entire season though.

Luv_ya_blue likes this.
  6. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

When I lived in MD, I couldn't get Direct TV where I was, so I used the field pass for that one season. Works pretty well. Can be a bit disconcerting at times as it will go silent during some non national comercials and your never sure if you have dropped the signal or not until the sound comes back on. I could recommend it, if that is the only way to get the game live that you have.

7. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

I think we get knocked off of our high horse a little bit next week in Denver. Denver's looking really good so far from what I hear this pre-season. St. Louis and KC are looking mediocre so far. Should be interesting to see how we perform against a truly upper-echelon NFL team though.

8. Stampede

Stampede Veteran

Anyone else notice that we did'nt put Pickett in last night when the game was on the line? I think that kubiak believes we need to win these preseason games also. Im looking forward to watching the Denver game. I really think that the Texan players will want to win this one for their coach. Should be exciting.

9. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

I agree with you Mr. Luv-ya-blue in Montana, and I'm not a very optimistic person normally either! Although I've enjoyed these last 2 games and seeing what the Texans are doing, I realize Denver is a much better team than KC and St. Louis. This will be their toughest challenge yet (probably their toughest in the preseason), and if they go up there and win this game, WOW!
    They'll really open some eyes then! Maybe even some in the media!

10. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

This is going to be an awesome game. Mike Bell was very impressive against the Titans. Defense, I hope will be well prepared for him.

I know it doesn't mean much being that it's pre-season, but it's a primetime game :cool:

11. veazeyt

veazeyt Rookie

As long as we are in pre-season, we will never open any eyes but our own.

And yes, Kubiak is definitely looking for wins, with the players he has been leaving on the field. I guess the logic there is, if Cody is on the field during the regular season for any reason other than a lop-sided win, then The Texans have bigger problems.

I am just glad we have been avoiding serious injuries!

12. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I don't think he did that just because of the winning thing. Our offense really didn't have that many snaps last night as our defense was on the field a long time, and I think he wanted more tape on Sage and to reward him for his good play. Just guessing though.

13. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

That's what I was thinking. One of Kubes' comments prior to the game referred to getting a certain number of reps for some players although I think he was talking about the 1st team in the comment, it probably applied to the 2nd string as well.

14. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

The Broncos game will tell us a lot IMO. The third preseason game is the one where the 1st teamers play more/most of the game and the coaching staff puts in a real game plan. These two coaches know each other very well and what they like to do. I suspect that we won't come away with a win, because the Broncos are just the better team at this point in time, but I do want to see us give them a hard, well fought, close score tussel.

15. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

I agree that this is going to be the must see preseason game for us. I'm really going to pay attention to the battle's going on in the trenches. LOS control is going to be key to whomever wins and I hope we blow they buts right out of Mile-High.

16. South Texan

South Texan Veteran

I totally agree on this being a real test for both teams.

This is going to be a WHOLE lot closer to a regular season game, especially if both teams leave in most of thier projected starters in the first half.

I am also thinking that since both teams use similar schemes, this will be a players vs. players game more than strategy vs. strategy game.

The beer is on ice, the pizza is on order, BRING IT ON!!!:challenge

17. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

If we're going to be competitive with the Broncos, were going to have to open up the play book a little more. I don't know how much of it Kub wants to reveal during the preseason. At very least, if more of the play book is not opened, Kub will be emphasizing the need for execution to near perfection of what he will make limitedly available.

18. jdog

jdog All Pro

What do you see as an advantage or strength over the Broncos?

19. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

If they have glaring weaknesses, the Titans were not the ones to be able to uncover them. There are questions about their WRs, one coming off injury (Walker), the other somewhat aging (Smith), and Leylie no more. Their rookie RB, although he has performed better than expected, is not a proven every down back and Dayne is a question mark as a partner in crime since he played so little last year. They'll be relying on "the system" to eek this year by as concerns the RB situation. The last question mark is Elam's reliability almost like our Brown. It will be interesting if we will be able to cash in on these "unknowns" of Denver.

20. CMoak1982

CMoak1982 Rookie

All in all I think that this game will come down to who has the better defense or run defense that night. Very similar offensive schemes, both teams practice against it everyday. I'm kind of excited to see how well our defense does against an extremely balanced offense,( Mario will get his first sack). The only thing I'm worried about is Denvers defense against our offense, because if they shut down our running game which they see everyday we will have a tough time moving the ball. They didn't get a whole lot of sacks last year but they do get very good pressure and we all know how well DC handles pressure. I think this will be the measuring stick for us. It will be like a regular season game, most likely starters play a full 3 quarters. I wanna see how well Mario does when he gets a little more time to set up some moves.